Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Red Tide Invasion (Accepting Characters)

Maru Memora (played by MaruCookie)

Red Tide is a pretty large island far away from civilization. In a time before guns where created and planes soared the sky. It is said that nothing survives or exists in the deep wooded area. Some people believe dragons or unknown creatures live there. But people didn't know how right they were about the unknown. Looking upon it from a passing ship, it would seem a wasted space.
And that is exactly what happened. People began to go ashore and cut down trees, and litter the ground with their filth. Little did they know that there was life on this dirt. Different creatures of many lived in peace. Protected by the Guardians at the gate who where trained and deadly. They wore the sign of their position on their shoulder.
There were hunter's who hunted food for the village. Game was different here than the rest of the world. The animals called 'deer' would be considered noisey and stupid. For the animals that dwell here are smarter and slyier. Hunters had very good hunting skills along with tracking, but one never knew exaclty what they could and couldn't do. Sometimes they chose to help the Gaurdians when needed.
There are many more occupations, and they will be needed to stop the invasion of the home they have had for centuries. Many villagers are called to help fight and training is beginning to speed up. What will become of Red Tide Island?

Because it isn't only humans that are the enemy . . . its the dark forces who want the powers of the stone Red Tide hides in a cavern below ground. This why creatures such as the gaurdians were trained so seriously. If the stone is taken and used, then time and creation would have to submit all that they are to a stranger. Or worse, Evil himself.
Kayla Shade (played by MaruCookie) Topic Starter

241242-1280x1024-45-black_rock_shooter_-character--close-white.jpg
(I'm putting this for now until it works on the profile)

Kayla sat on a branch close to the shore, monitoring the humans as they worked clumsily with their tools. Many of times shouts and curses could be heard as they echoed towards her. Blue eyes glowed in the shade, and yet they couldn't see her.
"They must be blind." she whisphered so quietly that nothing could have heard her except a fellow hunter. She lept out of the trees and back toward the camp to report the news. If they were the only forces that were invading their island, then there should be nothing to worry about. Right?
Jarl Corby (played by Taco)

"Right, right, just keep doing what you're doing." said the knight, directing the workers towards the boat. Despite his heavy fluted armor, the knight was remarkably quick and dextrous with his gestures to the soldier. He walked around the work site, making sure nobody would be, say, slacking off, or trying to goddamn murder the men who wanted an honest living. His sword was always out of its sheath, its 5 feet flashing in the sun of the steadily-expanding beach.
"Now make sure not to kill any of the wildlife. This is a resource gathering expedition, not an invasion." he continued, "This island is populated by... I'll just say humanoids, who are overall better than you, physically. If you see anyone who isn't part of the work crew, tell me. I am to deal with any indigenous primitives."

The knight continued to survey the beachline, waiting for something to happen. Jarl knew something would, it was only a matter of time.

No sooner as she returned to camp, she was sent out again to watch. This time they had wanted her to get a closer look at the boss. Who obviously was the one swing his sword around, and making orders left and right. She climbed up in another tree. Her long bow was now in her hands, if the need arises, she wouldn't catch herself unprepared. "What are they doing?" she looked all around the sea of people who stepped on her people's island.
What resources were they looking for? Were they looking for the stone that they had kept hidden century upon century? How were they going to keep them as far away as they could from their homes? Whatever they were searching for, she hoped it was nothing but gold or silver.

"Okay, now we need to finish this quadrat of forest by nightfall," continued the knight, "Then ship the trees onto the boats. Once that's done the rest of the knights and I will head into the forest to try and open up diplomatic relations with the natives."
He sheathed his sword and kept his eye on the loggers, flipping the visor of his helmet up. The top half of his face matched his voice, weathered and showing signs of age. He put his hands on his hips and stared into the forest, lost in thought.
"Ah, what the hell," Jarl mumbled to himself.
"HEY!" he shouted into the trees, then gambled, "We know you're watching! You want to keep your land you talk to my crew and I! We can cut a fair deal! We can help!"
He turned to the watching workers. "Anyone wanna bet a copper that I'll get answered?"

Her eyes widened. How did he know she was here? Was he bluffing? She moved down from the trees, barely a flicker of movement. Should she answer? Would it be right to? Kayla moved closer and peered through the bushes, getting a closer look at the man who had yelled out. She didn't know what to make of him.
She watched as he asked for a copper coin. The village didn't use those. Mostly they traded what they found if someone had something of value to them. What should she do about this? Her mind didn't wan't her to answer, but her curiousity did. For some reason she couldn't get the words to escape her dry mouth. So instead, she slowly stood facing the back of his head since he had turned around to asked that question.

Jarl held up a hand as the workers started laughing, waited a moment, then continued.
"Okay, I really don't think just asking's going to get them to come out." he said to the group of workers. "Maybe if we hold a tree hostage or something we'll get a response!"
Jarl slapped his visor back down and turned back to face the treeline. He started walking towards it, hand on his sword. He pointed at one a mere yard away from Kayla. "Alright elves! Come out, or the tree gets it!"
This illicited more laughter and a few copper coins pinging off of Jarl's armor. That's right, Corby, entertain so they listen to you. It's just like the kids back home.
Martivir (played by LittleLuckyRed1)

Martivir crept up besides Kayla, his serpent like body bended over trees to balance his weight. The spirit dragon, was a lord of ice and water. He wore a hide of white scales that where covered by a light fur so it would feel soft. His eyes like that of a wolf gleamed as he stared at the intruders. "Blasted humans.." he spoke under his breath. His purple mane slightly smoothed as the cool breeze rolled across it. "Perhaps i could give them a taste of Frost-bite?" he chuckled quietly at the idea of the men rubbing their blackened toes and hands for them to be warm.

She chuckled and turned her glowing blue eyes to him, "Well," she readied her longbow. "I was kinda thinking a little magic to get the tree moving. It might just make them rethink what wood and leaves can really do." She smiled her wolfish grin. "Or I can settle with my arrows. Maybe plant one in a copper coin?" She drew back on the string. "Shall we both have fun torturing these humans?" Kayla tilted her head to eye him. "Before he shames our trees with his words?" She could hold the bow string for hours if she needed to. Her strength was better than most of the Hunters.

He raised his head, which showed his stature of 16ft. He had a wolfish/cat like head, with a dog nose. He smirked lightly with his rubbery lips. He threw a pearl the size of a coconut up into the air, catching it in his jaws. He nodded with approval, for he had his own plan. He turned, becoming invisible and made his way to the sea. Perhaps a large wave would pull the humans ship far away, which means they would have to waste energy rowing their pathetic rowboats to go get them? Yes, that would suffice.

"But seriously," Jarl said, turning around to the rest of the forest, "if you're here, I'd really prefer we talk rather than let the grunts do it. I'm a school teacher, first and foremost. I don't want a fight. If you're here, come out and t--"
His eyes caught a coin on the sand. It wasn't reflecting light into his eye. It should, but something was blocking it. Jarl slowly turned up to the sun, checked the angle, then back to the coin.
He traced a line in the appropriate direction, up, up, up.
Into what he could have sworn was some human-shaped shadow.
Slowly, carefully, he said, "Talking will solve both of our problems. My students need taught, your forest needs protected. Together, we can work out both. Now, I want you to stand up and walk onto the sand."
Jarl unbuckled his sword and removed his helmet, throwing both back towards the camp, as a sign of good will. His hair fluttered lightly in the wind; it was thinning. He held his hands above his head, then motioned all the workers to do the same. Almost as one, the rest of the workers dropped their tools and held up their hands.
"We're the good guys. Or do you want to prove everyone right that you're nothing but a bunch of savages, killing unarmed men who just want to make a living?"

Martivir laughed uproariously at the Knight's words. But his laugh sounded much like that of a humans, with an added growl of course. He wouldn't make himself seen, but he would talk from his position. "Go away! The natives dont need any trespassers! Go find you trade somewhere else human!" In his invisible form he walked onto the beach and slid into the water un-noticed. diving down deep into the ocean he would find the ships anchor, biting it with his powerful jaws allowing the chain to break. The ship would slowly slid from the coast and go further and further out to sea.

It would have. Would, that word Martivir kept using. However, considering that it was daytime, the tides were coming in. It also helped that there was an inland wind, due to complex thermal systems which boiled down to wind blowing inland in the day because the land was warmer and out to sea because the sea is warmer at night. Jarl taught the children this. In the school. Which he would be teaching at, if he hadn't been dragged out to do this security work, which the natives were delaying further. Jarl took a deep breath.
"Okay. A Naiad, or maybe just a forest spirit, or invisible dragon god. That's fine. I can leave, and the pyromancers can come in, and we can reduce the whole island to glass, then the chronomancers can reverse the trees' timelines and cut their past selves down. My fellow teacher's union members work at a magic academy, they've told me about Glassing. Though being so high and mighty, as you obviously think so, you already know what Glassing is. Or you can listen to us, we can work out a fair trade, and we can leave you in relative peace!"

Martivir stood close behind the Knight, listening to his words. The large dragon would be completely dry although just being in the cold water. He watched the human through an invisible gaze, oh how he hated them. Thieves, slavers,traders... It didnt matter, he hated them. for it was human dragon poachers, that had driven him from his land, just to make money off his hide and steal his most valuable pearl. Yes, Martivir could have just clamped his jaws shut on the man's head, but there would be more to attack him if so. Instead he would swing his tail around knocking the knights men into the sand, and they wouldn't know what hit them.

Fsshh

Jarl heard something. He leapt up in time to dodge the sweeping noise, simultaneously turning around. There were... tracks. In the sand. Jarl sprinted for his sword and helmet and strapped them on as the rest of his soldiers struggled to recover.

"You could have had this all the easy way! But no! Now we're going to call down some meteors! Great!" Jarl said as he climbed to his feet. "You know, this could have been a nice place to get resources! But you, you ruined it! Oh boo hoo, another dragon who cares about what the humans are doing! All humans are bad, baww! Look, we don't want your hoard, or your pearl, or anything! We want your trees, harvested sustainably! Our mathemagicians calculated the rate of growth of this forest!"
Jarl flung full force into his histrionics now, jabbing at the allegedly empty air. "Have you ever heard of sustainable development?! We're harvesting literally exactly enough wood to compensate for the forest's natural growth rate! And we want to pay you people! If you would let us talk we would explain all of this!"

Martivir laughed as the knight stabbed at the air like a child. He would become visible "were'd you learn how to fight!?" the Knight would strike Martivir's chest and bounce off. "It's called scales.. Eva' heard of them? Besides, i dont live here, but i vouch for the natives. Some of these tress are ancient, and yet you might not take that into consideration. yes, i will hear your proposal human, but that certainly does not mean i will agree with it. And i warn thee, never, piss of a dragon." A jet of ice cold fog rose from his nostrils.

Jarl kept his visor down as he watched the fog well up.
"Well. Of course we wouldn't cut down the old trees, that would fuck up the entire ecosystem. But we can discuss all of these factors. Now, would your ranger friend please step out of the treeline, pay attention to the angle of the sun more often, and show us the way to your leaders. No offense, but I don't think a dragon and a scout are the most qualified diplomats."

"Oh you'd be surprised." Martivir hissed. "Us dragons have been around much-much longer than you humans, and most other beings. If anyone knows the right, its us dragons. Besides, the natives wouldn't want your 'money', why would they need it? to buy their own coconuts?" he chuckled. "They dont have anything to spend it on anyway."

"and do you really think we would let you just stride into our territory? That's nonsense. All humans are the same." He glanced to the wood "They are power lovers! That's all they want! Fame, glory and land!"

Jarl's armor rattled slightly with barely restrained laughter.

"I--I'm sorry? Y--did you really just say that?! All humans are the same?" Jarl couldn't do it, he doubled over, laughing along with the rest of the soldiers. "Ohh, man, we got ourselves a real badass here! I figured you guys might go to the stereotypes of your race, but damn, someone actually fucking said that all humans are the same!! I--I can't begin to describe how cliched and ignorant that is! It's like telling a woman to get back in the kitchen, or, or an Undead calling a mortal Smoothskin! Christ, did you step out of some sort of fairy tale?! We don't even want this land, and this won't bring much fame or glory!"

Jarl's voice took on a mocking tone. "Hey guys, Jarl here helped harvest trees from a forest the other day! Holy shit, give this guy a medal! Tell stories round the campfire for generations! BAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!"

"It certainly wouldn't be all that funny if perhaps five of your men end up with their heads missing the next morning, hmm? I'm sure it would be a fairly easy task, considering your poor weapons. I have been hurt a many time by humans, they have ruined my life and others. your petty battles leave lands a waste and bodies you dont even bother to bury. It's sick! No better than dogs." He turned trudging off towards the forest, but before clearing the beach, he would give a final swing of his tail knocking over two men.

"Certainly a crediting race for all the damage you cause."

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Red Tide Invasion (Accepting Characters)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus