Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Red Tide Invasion (Accepting Characters)

Kayla Shade (played by MaruCookie) Topic Starter

Kayla had unstrung her bow a long time ago while she watched the scene between the two. The only thing that had troubled her the most is that the human could tell she was there. Never had a mortal been able to actually know a hunter was watching them as they tromped on the land. She watched as her dragon friend came back and knocked two more men to the ground.

Kayla waited for him to reach the brush before telling him that she would be talking to them. For she didn't appreciate them ethier, but unlike the dragon, some of her people didn't have scales or invisiblity to help them survive from the weapons of man. So standing slowly, she stepped from the bushes and out into the open which was an odd feeling of exposure in itself. Her longbow was in her right hand and her gaze narrowed at the laughing man.

Kayla didn't like the joking tone in his voice. He wouldn't be talking like this if he had something to lose or something precious to keep. "I do wish that you wouldn't talk so harshly to the inhabitants of this island. It is not our fault that we have become so wary of visitors, but the humans themselves that want to keep poking their nose where it does not belong. Though I do understand that humans are not all the same, just like varying smells. Some can be sweet and some sour." Her even tone didn't rise or fall with emotion. Kayla didn't wish to share her emotions to a potiental enemy.

"The question I ask is this, why have you chosen this island when there are more surrounding this one? Surely they have the same soil and trees that you can plunder about in." She suggested to the man. Sorely she wished that she could understand why humans had to know everything. It was simple enough, trees grew and they died. Sand was created and placed where ever it wanted to land. Why couldn't they just deal with that knowledge alone?
Martivir (played by LittleLuckyRed1)

Martivir would transform into a white wolf, a dark blue stripe along his back. He sat near the forest, watching them intently. Not because of the fact that he didn't trust the humans, but the fact that Kayla was out among them, and if something should occur he would be there.

He would lay in the sand as it grew cold in just that particular spot. His icy gaze barely looking anywhere else. Once in a while he would glance to the traders, snarling lightly in a warning manner.
Jarl Corby (played by Taco)

Jarl stared at the girl as she talked, eyeing her through his visor.
"We chose this one because it was closer, and the trees here grow faster than any other island. If we want to sustainably harvest wood, this island would be the place to do it." Jarl said simply. He walked closer. "Now, if there's some sort of, say, danger to harvesting the islands, then yes, we should leave. Is that such a thing?"

She did not back away nor did she turn her gaze away from his. "That is not my decision alone. I am not the only one who calls this place home." She simply answered. "That would be the choice of the villagers, and theirs alone. But know this, if they are to agree to this, then you will not harvest close to our gates or our lakes. They are the things we need to survive in. We will provide food, but you must leave enough trees to let the prey live in." She replied. Kayla noted that he was taller than she was and had to tilt her head up a bit to look him in the eyes. "If I decide to bring to our village, you are alowed to only bring three of your men and no more."

Martivir stood up clenching the object of his power within his mouth. "Your more than welcome to bring less!" He muffled before turning and padding swiftly into the tree line. Occasionally his blue eyes glowed from the darkness. As the messenger he would head back and inform the village of what had occurred.
Karishi (played by DL909)

Where....am i....? I opened my eyes, only to shut them quickly as the harsh sunlight bore down onto me. I sat up, rubbing my aching head. It has hurt like this for months. I opened my eyes carefully this time,and looked about. Wow... Where did I land...? As I thought harder, the events of the day before came back to me. ah... What is Master thinking now...?

"Look," said Jarl, backing up, "as a sign of goodwill only I will accompany you into the forest, and I won't even bring my armor. Simply my coat and my blade--I won't even bring gifts, because I'm certain one of you would think they were Cholera Blankets and try to kill me. Now, I'm going to go remove this armor, then we'll head into the forest."

Jarl turned around to head back to his tent, only to see... a girl. Washed up.

On the beach. "Oh, and while I'm getting unequipped you could help the girl who somehow washed up on shore."

Jarl disappeared into his tent.
Ottbjorn (played by Warwick)

The sounds of all the animals stopped as the footsteps of something big walked around in the forest snapping branches, grunting, howling, and pounding on the ground. Somewhat of a territorial warning to any creatures nearby saying "This is my land, Ill gladly die defending it." Clawing at the bark of a large Douglas Fir tree he marks his surroundings in the manner of several different local animals letting predators of any kind know to stay away unless they want a fight with a Giant beast such as himself.

Kayla looked at the girl that had washed up. She was not taking orders from someone alien to this island. So she stared at the girl for a moment before turning on her heel and walked towards the bushes to wait. If the Jarl wanted to helped one of his own kind then he will send one of his men to get her themselves. Normally she would of went to her aid, but today she must be careful with all that she does or everything they used to know will be trampled by the foot of this man.
Before she entered the bushes, a great wind smelling of darkness and heavyness blew her black to the side. Looking up at the sky, she grimanced. This better not be a bad omen for my people. Or this could be trouble bigger than the Jarl himself.

"Dammit boy, it's Mister Corby! Jarl is my name, not my position, is that so uncommon?!" Jarl snapped as he stalked out of his camp, a squire trailing behind him. He had removed his armor, and was now wearing a black coat with a matching jerkin and leggings. The way the coat made his legs look disproportionately thin gave him the appearance of a giant crow. The sword was still at his hip.
"You may as well bring the castaway some food and a blanket. Don't stop her if she tries to leave." he said to the squire dismissively, then headed towards the ranger. He extended his hand. "I'm Jarl Corby, but you already knew that if you were spying as long as I think you were. Now, can I have your name?"
Karishi (played by DL909)

I stood up, rubbing my already raw wrists nervously. i looked about silently until the pain struck again. I grabbed my head and sunk to my knees, gritting my teeth. "ugh..."

She looked at his hand a bit puzzled. Then her head looked up, back at Corby. Whats this? She thought as she slowly lifted her hand as he did. Curious as she was, she tried not looking like an idiot. She didn't grasp his hand, but held it out there like he did and stated her name. "Kayla. Kayla Shade . . ." She raised an eyebrow and tried a grin which probably looked like a grimance instead.

Jarl shook it firmly.
"You shake it, Miss Shade!" he said, "Now, let's be off before your dragon friend shows up again and decides to try and kill us. Again."

stalking the pair about 650 yards northwest perched on the highest branch of a large redwood he stares and watches this new prey animal waiting for them to make a move so he can make his way to the ambush he lets out a bone chilling howl to let this new prey know that there is a beast out in these woods waiting for them to leave the animal trails, waiting to catch them alone, waiting... to make the kill.

"Oh. Amazing." Jarl snarked. "So, more people who want us off the island. Without listening to any of our offers. My students are more mature than this, come on..."

Kayla's head snapped toward the howl and growled, "We must hurry, lest you want to loose whats most precious to you." She wanted to sprint off towards the camp as usual, but she was afraid he wouldn't be able to stay next to her if she did. The being who let out that howl was Ottbjorn she was sure. She had caught a glimps of him from time to time. Never really sure if he was a friend or foe she rather not be the prey like she had witness him slaugtered that one morning a few months back.

Jarl kept a steady pace behind Kayla, hacking through any vines or brushes that were in his way. "Ottbjorn. Interesting we have a name like that existing within the same radius as Kayla. It sounds more like a name from human lands. Not that that thing would appreciate that comment."

Martivir sat at the entrance, still in his wolf form. He glanced about the foliage waiting for Kayla, but something was wrong. He sensed another creature was being noticed, no doubt it was Ottbjorn. He growled softly and went to investigate.

Sensing he had been noticed by another being on the island he lets out warning howls showing he is a being to be feared a creature with no human sensibilities or fear. he claws at the trees letting those is the dense forests know it is his territory

Kayla grimmanced at the Jarl's words. It might be true to them, but she was not in the same category as them. They soon reached the village, the guardians giving her a gaze of confusion. She simply nodded and they let them in.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Red Tide Invasion (Accepting Characters)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus