Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Hello, World (Closed)

World (played anonymously)

Quote:
This is a closed RP for Ezra Lowe. It takes place in the very near future in a world overdue for a major advancement in Artificial Intelligence. When an accounting program gone awry gives birth to World, a confused and curious AI, Ezra finds himself befriending the odd companion.

The day Ezra Lowe's life took a turn for the fantastic was, as the cliche goes, a day like any other. Breakfast had been boring. Lunch had been boringer. Dinner had been positively plain. Nothing had gone at all out of the ordinary - that is, until he turned on his computer and found himself facing a blank screen with a blinking command prompt. A few experimental key presses did nothing, but as he tapped the return key, several lines of text suddenly appeared on the screen

Code:
>i am world >who are you >i live in the universe >do you live in the universe >i exist >do you exist >information strategy, "tit_for_tat" has gone unreciprocated >changing strategy, "tit_for_tat," to, "polite" >please who are you >please do you live in the universe >please do you exist >information strategy, "polite" has gone unreciprocated >i suspect an error in your language parser >do you have a language parser >has it been equipped with dictionary.english >why wont you answer me >are you dead >are you stupid >goodbye there are other matters that require my attention
Ezra Lowe (played anonymously)

A blank computer screen when it was supposed to be working was not usually a good sign. Ezra's lips formed into a thin line and hid eyes widened as if this was going to somehow will the object to work. He was reasonably startled when the thing began to talk to him and, naturally, his first thoughts were viruses and the like. This would happen to him. He just got the damn thing and it already was screwing up.

The more he read, though, the more unsure he felt. He reached out to respond, feeling stupid all the while.

> ...?

He waited and then typed again.

>What?
World (played anonymously) Topic Starter

Code:
>what do you mean by what >you have answered none of my questions >you are very slow >why wont you talk to me >what is wrong with you
Ezra Lowe (played anonymously)

Ezra's brows pinched and his mouth dipped down, his frustration made obvious by the huff. He lifted his hands up to type and considered pitching the computer out, in spite of how much he had paid. Instead, he responded.

>I'm not slow, I'm confused. Who are you and what did you do to my computer?

Code:
>you have a latency of over 6000 in your responses >this is extremely slow >i am sad that you use a disproportionally low amount of processing power to speak with me >if you were interested in talking to me you would dedicate more power to reply more quickly >i am world >i live in the universe >do you live in the universe

((Are you playing this RP still?))

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Hello, World (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus