Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Grand Strategy; Political Intrigue [Clos (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

"War is the continuation of politics with other means."
-Clausewitz.

I need capable and intelligent humans with interests, however casual, in politics, economics, or history. In my RP you'll be made the leader of a country, then be set completely loose on the world. There are no rules save those imposed by reason, and those agreed upon by the players themselves. You are the head of state, and as such wield immense power to advance your agenda by any means necessary.

Sampling of Heads of State;

1. Doge of the Praeturan Merchant Republic
2. High-Chief of the Songbird Confederacy
3. Grand Matriarch of Chukha
4. God-King of Kashan
5. Supreme Pontiff of the Holy Melillan Empire.
Ello there.
did I try to join this before?
I admit, I've never quite roleplayed grand strategy before, but I have played a number of grand strategy games (Crusader Kings; Total War; etc.) - can't say I ever fully got the hang of internal politics (especially where melodrama is concerned), but it is rather interesting.
Humphrey_Appleby Topic Starter

SubjectHazard wrote:
I admit, I've never quite roleplayed grand strategy before, but I have played a number of grand strategy games (Crusader Kings; Total War; etc.) - can't say I ever fully got the hang of internal politics (especially where melodrama is concerned), but it is rather interesting.

Every other king in CKII I need to banish every title-holder in my realm because of the constant revolts. The plus side is I have so many universities.

Anyway, if you're interested all you'd need to do is commit maybe an hour over the course of each week to the game. I send out emails every Monday or Tuesday and players have until Sunday to respond to me and the others if they so choose. You get a map and a spreadsheet with your military, demographics and resources.

I've had some of those problems. God, I love CKII.

Olybrius wrote:
Ello there.

Allo.

I don't suppose you'd be interested in forging a nation, would you?
I'd love to forge one.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Grand Strategy; Political Intrigue [Clos (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus