Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Login from multiple terminals

Ilmarinen Moderator

Ahoy! I'm sure I'm not the only one who uses multiple devices to get on RPR. Primarily I use my netbook and my desktop. I was wondering if there's a reason why being logged in on one machine logs you out on all others. It isn't much of a big deal, since it requires just an extra click or two to log in and get where I need to go, but it would be a tiny convenience if I could stay logged in on both my desktop AND my netbook. ;)
Kim Site Admin

Requiring only one device to be logged in at a time is a minor security measure to try and keep forgetful people in control of their account -- I recall during finals week in college being so exhausted I forgot to log out of my Neopets account at the school library, and finding out later that someone else started using it there and looted everything before I realized I'd left my account open on a computer other than my own and subsequently changed my password.

I understand this is inconvenient as often as it is bacon-saving. We need some kind of (OBVIOUS) interface that lets people choose when and what to log out, without confusing people who just want to type their username and hit go. It's sort of been bubbling in the back of my mind how best to address this.
Darth_Angelus Moderator

I agree that it's best to take the secure approach. It would be unfortunate if a repeat of your Neopets situation ended up with character profiles being deleted.
Kim Site Admin

I just wanted to add, I'm sorry about how annoying it is in the meanwhile!
Ilmarinen Topic Starter Moderator

Understood! And it's no problem at all, I just figured I'd mention it since I encounter it a lot. Thanks for the explanation! ;)

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Login from multiple terminals

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus