Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Greetings, gamers

Writer, reader and utter gaming novice. Here tell collaborative stories, meet fellow writers, and learn how to play by post.

I like fantasy, sci-fi, comedy and whimsy. I avoid horror, romance, and anything prefaced by the word "urban". I'm a fan of Doctor Who, Discworld, and Dickens, amongst other things. I'm somewhat given to archaic language, adjective abuse, and alliteration, although I'm getting better.

It's possible that I have an unhealthy fascination with the rule of three, to the point where I will hold off on posting while I search for a third item for a list, a third paragraph for a post, or a... a... um... GAH! Must find a third third thing to find!
Loren

tumblr_inline_neqp5nkJxB1sh78ui.gif
Ha, I couldn't resist.

Welcome to the Roleplay Repository! "Classic" fantasy and sci fi are pretty popular here, so you should have no trouble find roleplays/games to join! I myself also adore the styles you mentioned, specially the fantastical, comedic and whimsical overtones (pTerry FTW!) I also like darker contrasts, though. And genres prefaced by the word "urban" or historical :P

Anyways, a great tool in the site is the Find Roleplay Widget, which basically lets you see possible roleplays from people that have been active in the last 10 minutes. If you're looking for something more substantial, there are the Looking for Roleplay forums.
Greetings, genius child of Mr. Exposition! And welcome to RPR. :)

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. ^^
Welcome to RPR fellow Whovian! :) I hope you're enjoying it here so far :D
Outasync Topic Starter

Thanks for the welcome, everyone. I'm busy creating my characters right now, and then I'll be busy for a couple of weeks. However, come the new year I'll be looking for games go join.

Meanwhile I'll browse the forums, refine my characters, and re-read the guides.
Kim Site Admin

Welcome to the site. I also enjoy the rule of three, whenever it is possible to indulge. ;)

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Greetings, gamers

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus