Skip to main content

Forums » Help » Posting as yourself in an IC forum

Is it possible? I just joined a group and wanted to create an IC forum thread without using one of my characters first. But I can't, I am being forced to post as a character instead of as myself. I talked to the founder of the group about this and he finds it strange as well, seeing as others in the past have been able to do so with no problems.

Help?
Sanne Moderator

This has never been possible in the past, if people did then it was a bug. There's been a development log for allowing moderators to post as themselves which got implemented, but this is for moderation purposes only. Just like on the public forums, groups IC forums require you to post as a character - that's what makes them different from OOC forums. To change this would make the difference between IC and OOC moot.

If you don't have a character to start with yet, doesn't that mean you're still in the OOC discussion phase and the topic doesn't belong in an IC board yet anyway?
Virus Topic Starter

That might be it, just the confusion between what IC allows versus OOC. Thanks for the help!!!
Kim Site Admin

Back in the day, characters were barred from posting on OOC boards entirely. I actually MUCH preferred that system, for a myriad of reasons I will spare you the rants about, but I was finally convinced to allow characters on OOC boards when someone pointed out that they wanted to ask a question about a magic system they had invented for an anonymous character and couldn't.

However, IC boards are still just for RP, and thus just for characters. :) Sanne hit the nail right on the head.

The ONLY time user accounts can post on IC boards is if the user is a moderator of the group, since mods will occasionally need to take OOC actions in IC areas.
Virus Topic Starter

I see, both points you brought up make sense. Thank you so much for imparting your wisdom!!! It always nice to hear from you Kim!!! :D
Kim Site Admin

You're welcome! ;)

You are on: Forums » Help » Posting as yourself in an IC forum

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus