Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Magical knits for sale!

Sanne Moderator

Maxamples http://www.ravelry.com/projects/DaftThoughts

I'm looking to do knitted commissions for my back surgery fund. :) I can knit almost anything at my current skill level! The most common and quickest knits are scarves, hats and fingerless mitts. I'm not doing socks at the moment. Cardigans and sweaters are an option, but they're quite a bit more expensive and time consuming.

I can knit stuffed plushies (including My Little Pony!!), dice/card bags, teapot cozies, mug cozies, doggy sweaters, pet blankets and beds, market bags and more. :) The only requirement is that a free pattern exists for it that I will find for you.

I will ship worldwide. Shipping costs depend on the weight and volume of the item.

How much does it cost?
It depends on the item, the yarn you want and what pattern you pick. Most items will run between 15-50 dollars. Sweaters and cardigans will be 100 dollars or more, as they take many many hours to make and require a lot of yarn.

What fabric do you knit with?
Acrylic, animal fibers like wool, plant fibers like cotton or bamboo. Each fabric has different instructions on cleaning and storage, but acrylic is the easiest to take care of. Wool sweaters need to be hand washed whereas acrylics are tossed into the washing machine no problem. Wool however is a lot warmer and water repellent than acrylic. Feel free to ask me questions about this if you're unsure!

What about allergies?
I have two cats whose fur is destined to get on my knitted items. You can throw acrylic items in the washing machine but other fabrics may be harder to clean from cat fur. If in doubt, don't commission me - the last thing I want is to risk your health!

How do I order?
Please get in touch with me through PMs. I will look together with you to find the pattern you'd like and discuss what yarn you want. :) I promise I'll make the process as easy on you as possible!

What are the shipping costs?
If your item fits in an envelope and weighs less than 2 kilograms / 5 pounds, it will be sent as standard mail. The prices for standard mail vary between 1 euro to 10 euros. Packages to the US start at 18 euros up to 2 kilograms, and run up to 35 euros for up to 5 kilograms /12 pounds. Weight heavily depends on the type of fabric used. Packages to EU countries have different and cheaper rates, but vary per country.

If you have any questions, please ask!! :)
Sanne Topic Starter Moderator

Order list:

1) Luvable: Scarf - In progress
2) Claine: Hat with design - Pending

---

I try to work the list from top to bottom in order of received requests. Sometimes quick knits get worked first to move the queue along though.

Finished this hat today! Plain hats without designs are finished in a day or so. :)

20150111_115746_medium2.jpg

20150111_115629_medium2.jpg

I own copies of both these pattern books and will be more than happy to knit commisioned items from them! :) I'll most likely also knit some premade toys and hats from these books for sale soon.

Please get in touch with me about the pattern you want me to knit. A small handful are off limits due to their complexity or required tools, but the majority are fine!!

Knits for Nerds - various fantasy and sci-fi related items, including Firefly, Doctor Who and Star Trek!

Woodland Knits - Fantasy and magical items, for fairies and woodland critters alike!

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Magical knits for sale!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus