Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » How did I get here

Hello I somehow randomly stumbled onto this website whilst in the throws of procrastination.

But I am a roleplayer. I put it down for a long while after messing around on tumblr, but I'd like to see if I could pick it up again, since it is pretty fun.

I like to get pretty in depth with it, I write books when I RP.

But one thing I have been wanting to try is something more similar to D&D maybe, an RP with Dice. I've done plenty of RPGs in RL, but one thing I've always had a hard time with that was getting into character. I'm such a terrible actor, (and shy) you see. So its always been disappointing when I put so much thought into a character, but when it comes down to playing them, I just can't get it to come out.

So, how 'bout a game of dice? :)

rolled 1d20 and got 2
come on big numba

SeraphicStar

Welcome to the site! I know the pain, I am a big fan of D&D as well, but I can never find people to play with IRL, so a few character concepts end up going to waste. You're in luck, though, as I believe that there's a few groups here in the site dedicated to D&D and other tabletop roleplaying games. Maybe you'll find one to your liking!

rolled 1d20 and got 15
wooooo

Welcome I hope to rp with you soon! :-)
Alarnia Topic Starter

Hi, thanks for welcoming me :)

I've seen a couple of new RPs that seem interesting, but I've been too nervous to apply for any of them yet. Hopefully I'll get over it soon lol.

I've thought about starting some RPs myself, but I thought it better to get an idea of how things work around here by playing with a more experienced member first.

rolled 1d20 and got 5
*blows on dice for good luck*

Loren

Welcome to the Roleplay Repository! :)

Personally, I'm not really into dice or D&D, but I know lots of people are here. Haha, don't be nervous, we're all super friendly and don't bite* ;) I mean, people are all very welcoming and receptive.

*Much.
Kim Site Admin

Welcome to the site! Glad to see another dice-fan! I'm sorry you're feeling nervous so far, but no rush. There will always be RPs waiting when you are ready. :)
Welcome! And relax. :) If someone puts an idea out there, they really want responses! And around here, it's not unusual for folks to just PM requests to each other out of the blue, just because something happened to strike their fancy. And if you're unsure about anything, you're always welcome to ask. ^^
Welcome to RPR! I just played my first tabletop game (Pathfinder) and it was pretty fun. Good luck finding what you are looking for :)

You are on: Forums » Introductions » How did I get here

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus