Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Raine and Dadj 1x1

A woman about 5'4 was walking through the dark forest. She was out and about looking for dinner. She
had long black raven like hair and pale skin. Her eyes were crystal blue and her body was very curvy and voluptuous. As for clothes, she didn’t wear much. She wore low riding, tight, spandex like pants that were a tan color. For a shirt she simply wore bandages that served as support for her cleavage. At her waist was a belt that held two twin blades that made and x shape behind her. There was also a chain that was wrapped up on her side with a dagger attached to the end. As she quietly moved through the forest she made the mistake of not mapping where she laid her traps. A loud CRACK noise was heard in the forest and then a blood hurling scream. "Son of a BITCH!! BITCH BITCH!" She had stepped in her own bear trap. The teeth of the trap were deep in her shin and calve. Blood gushed down her leg, a puddle of blood quickly formed under her. She cried out in pain again, yelling out a ton of obscenities. "God dammit! Someone help!" She continued to insult the English language as she nursed her leg on the ground. She whimpered in pain, sounding like a dying animal herself. Whenever she tried to touch the trap she yelped in pain again. “I’d fucking rather be shot with an arrow! Damn it all to hell!”";
Dadj Avers (played by f0x1nth3b0x)

Dadj had been walking through the Forest to cut across the roads, and of course to avoid as many people as possible from annoying him. He was enjoying the quiet of the place, the soft rustle of the animals in the calm woods. That is until he heard the sickening scream and stream of obscenities leaking out of some enraged woman. Unfortunately for him, she happened to be trapped along his path, which he found out all too soon as the cursing was getting louder and more frequent.

He stumbled across the woman, sidestepping a nearby trapped and frowned. He was on the tall side and lightly built, though it was hard to gauge his muscle tone. He wore all leather armor and he similarly had two swords strapped to his waist, on crossing belts with other assorted items. He stared at the woman, his cold, liquid honey eyes were calculating and his face twisted into a grin. His head ticked to the side, causing his curly brown hair to fall out of his face. He unstrapped the curved wooden bow from his back and turned back to the woman.

"I have an arrow, would you like to make friends with it?" He smiled cruelly, but he honestly just wanted her to shut up.
Raine Asawa (played by InquisitorCat) Topic Starter

She looked at the man and narrowed her eyes. "Here give me it and watch what fuckin' happens. It may end up in your eye. So instead of being a smart ass help me!" She growled at him. She simply looked like a woman that would typically be all dolled up and in a fancy home. Her bark appeared to be worse than her bite. She tried to stand up, but she only ended up yelping in pain and dropped to a knee again. She looked up at him, her eyes waivering a bit. "Please... just help me get this dammed thing off! I'll give you money... or I'll suck your.. Grr..." She looked down a bit. "Ill do whatever you ask if you just help me get the dammed thing off! I can't get it off myself.." She looked up at him, biting her lip as she panted.

Dadj's brows lifted in mock astonishment. "You got yourself into this mess; how come you can't get yourself out. With a mouth like that, you must have countless friends." He fit his bow back over his shoulders and turned to leave. "I think some humility sitting here in the woods might do you good."

He frowned deeply, his face settling back into his normal expression and stepped around another trap as he started to walk away.

She narrowed her eyes at his comment. She grabbed her chain around her waist and started swinging it as if it were a rope being lassoed to catch a cow. She tossed it at him and caught his foot. She pulled it tight. "I didn't say you could leave you ass! And I can't get it off by myself because I can't effin hold the button down AND pull the dammed teeth out of my leg!" She growled lowly at him "And you're telling me I have lots of friends? Look at you! I mean, you must be prince fucking charming because all I see is a dazzling young man that would do anything for someone who is in trouble! Sorry! I am NOT going to bleed to death tonight! I have escaped death too many times to die now!"

She talked a lot which just showed she had a big mouth. She couldn't help that her speech was vulgar, but it was worse than usual because of the amount of pain in her leg.

The Ranger tuned her out to look down at the chain about his ankle. Silently, he let her ramble on while he bent over to take hold of the chain. He pulled it toward him, and surveyed her with his odd honeyed eyes. "IF I keep pulling you'll either eventually let go and I will walk on, or I will pull your body towards me, thus wrenching your caught leg further." He was inexplicably cocky, but then again this woman was obnoxious, loud and unnecessarily entitled-feeling. He pulled hard on the chain until he could feel the tightness loosen about his foot and slipped out of it deftly. He knew he had the advantage here, which was perhaps why he was toying with her so.

Once he was free of the chain, he pulled hard, hoping to over balance her. "Perhaps if I leave you here, you'll be nicer to the next sap who wanders by. Whenever that will be. Or, you could simply stay put and I could rob you blind."

She growled lowly at him. However she would not loosen her grip. She was not so easily defeated, she had been through worse. Truth is, she didn't know how to be nice. She had only known violence her whole life and him mocking her about asking nicely only angered her more. Her blue eyes looked more fiery as ever as he insulted her. "You know just because I am a woman doesn't mean that I am just going to submit to any man who fucking walks by! You sexist bastard! Why should I be nice?! Even if I had asked you nicely I can see it in your eyes, you'd probably laugh and carry on your way anyways1 I can smell the asshole on you. So now, I am going to make your life a bloody living hell" She gave a loud whistle as he pulled her and the chain, her leg being more torn up. In the distance there was a loud whiney of a horse. Suddenly he was beside the man who was just as mean as she was. It was a black stallion and this horses attitude matched his owner. He pushed his head against Dadj's and snorted threateningly, as if telling him to "help her... or else..."

He was unimpressed by the man, or the horse. Truthfully, he could have easily used his Ranger abilities to calm the horse and simply as him to walk his rider in the other direction, but why waste energy? "Well you have your horse now; surely he can help you."

The Ranger was unfazed by her antics and her vulgarity. She could call all the animals she wanted, it wasn't going to change the fact that this woman offended him and jumped to annoying conclusions about him. Should the horse attack, he would use Wild Empathy on the beast and simply walk away. He dropped the chain, having no more use for it. If she had been civil when he first spoke to her, he may have deigned it worth his time to help her, but as it was he was late for a client's meeting. Perhaps he should call his own horse.

(You were right, this is difficult XD... I'm going to have to try and figure out how to keep them together otherwise this rp will end very quickly lol)

The horse narrowed his eyes at the man and then walked over to Raine, laying down. She undid the chain attached to the trap. She required light and a third hand in order to get the dammed trap off, not to mention shes dammed well near bleeding to death. She threw herself over her horse. Zamir stood up and walked, following the man. He would walk beside him. Raine groaned softly, looking up at him she looked down and bit her lip. "Look I'm sorry." She bit down on her pride, she had close to never apologized for anything, but she was desperate and didn't want to die. "I'm in pain and when that happens I my temper flares... Its no excuse I know... but I don't know any better. Us citizens of Vavel are arrogant assholes ya know..." She said softly. "Could you ...please at least lead my horse into town.. I don't think I can keep conscious much longer... I will pay you 40 gold if you do.. Or just rob me if you dammed well please." Her voice was actually quite soft and lovely. She was very beautiful but when her temper flared people tended to run.

Dadj gladly let the horse come level with him and put his hand on the animal's cheek, stroking the soft fur. He whistled in a low rhythm for his own mount and waited until the woman was done pleading to stop walking. He waited a moment until he was level with her leg and continued to walk.

He applied pressure to the button which released the jaws of the trap and waited for her to release her leg. He dropped the metal machine once she was released. Not long after his whistle, a stallion of his own appeared. The animal was a dun color with black socks and a black dorsal stripe. He was a large horse and he was wearing full tack and what seemed like some of the Ranger's things. Dadj greeted Boudejiwn by blowing into the horses nose and mounted.

"That will be 40 gold pieces and you may follow me to the nearest town."

Raine groaned a bit when the teeth jerked free. Her black stallion gave a worried whiny when he heard his owner groan in pain. She looked at the man as he mounted his horse, everything was blurry. She reached around her horses saddle, feeling around for her sack of coins. Once she found it she opened up the bag and counted out 40 coins. She held them in her fist as she tied the bag back up and attached it to her horse.

She reached out to the man with her hand "Here..." She said weakly as her small soft hand was extended out to him. Her white skin glowed in the moonlight. She panted lightly as she looked at the man and waited for him to take the money. Once he did she looked at Zamir "Follow him okay...? I... I...I'm gonna sleep... now..." She whispered as her vision worsened. Zamir snorted worriedly and then looked at the other horse, snorting at him before falling silent. He was very cautious of Dadj, he didn't trust any man near his master.

Dadj accepted his payment without his expression changing. He gave the horse a look and turned to spur his own forward. "The nearest dwelling is this way." He urged Boudejiwn forward the Dunne horse started at a lazy pace.

Some time later the pair could be found at the nearest Inn; Dadj took it upon himself to have her doctored and put into a room... And to pay himself for such services from her coinpurse. He now sat reading a very old-looking book. He was in a wooden chair by her bed, leaning on the back legs, his feet on the table.

Raine would groan in her bed every now and then. Her face looked troubled. She began talking in her sleep. "Get... away from me..." She whimpered a bit. She started to shake in the bed, having a nightmare. Her hair swooped into her face as she began panting. "Leave me alone!" She yelled. Her body began twitching as she became more and more tense and fearful. She would shriek as she fought an invisible force off of her. "Don't touch me!" She yelled. She cried out, her foot still sore, but she fought as if her life were on the line. She trembled badly as the dream worsened.

He shut his book quite loudly and moved his feet off the table, the chair coming to the ground with a thud. His intention was the wake the woman from her dreaming without having to get up. Seeing that he was unsuccessful, he got to his feet and slammed the book on the table, then walked around it toward the bed.

He grabbed her shoulder and shook her. "Wake up, you're making a racket, which seems to be your usual."

She would jolt awake when he shook her. She looked at him with wide eyes, fear in them rather than anger. "I-I.." She whispered, trying to calm her pounding heart. She then covered her face with her hands, shaking still. She shook her head, trying to regain her composure. Once she was able to calm herself she looked at him again, trying to figure out where she was. "Where am I.." She winced in pain. her wound now aching.

"In town. You've been doctored." He told her the information flippantly and regained his seat at the table. Opening his book, he leaned back in the wooden chair and opened his book again.

She took a deep breath and then looked at him. "Thanks... I guess..." She looked down,. confused as to why he was still here. She sat up, lifting her blankets up and looked at her leg which had been wrapped up.She looked around the room and then laid down again and winced in pain. She didn't know what to say, she just knew he was real mean looking. But he couldn't have been too bad if he got her here and in a bed.

Dadj shut his book abruptly again and stood. "I'm getting food." He placed the tome on the table and sauntered to the door. He opened it slowly and looked back at her.

"Well? Do you want anything?" He lifted her filched coin purse. "You're paying of course."

Her expression immediately changed to annoyance. "Get me whiskey...the whole bottle..." She said with an irritated tone. He better not go and order the most expensive food on the menu... She thought. She shook her head and closed her eyes and sighed.

He had played bodyguard before, but extortionist was so much more fun when he was picking on this woman. His expression shifted to mischievous and he gave her a nod before closing the door loudly behind himself. He came back some time later with a bowl of meat and stew for himself accompanied by a chunk of bread. For her, he had done what she asked and got her the bottle of whiskey. However, he got two glasses.

He placed his purchase out on the table.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Raine and Dadj 1x1

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus