Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Hello everyone!

Obvious newbie here, so not used to doing forum posts because forums make me anxious, I'm normally just a lurker.
So um, hi!
Still working on compiling character info and artwork, not easy on a 30kb connection
I tend to prefer 'darker' roleplays, but I'm pretty flexible, willing to adapt characters to other time periods and settings.
I can also do different types of RP, drama, mystery, romance, horror, steampunk, medieval, modern, post apocalypse -- whatever really. I prefer RP over IM but can also do furcadia, one on one or group. Prefer long term story driven, not big on combat because I'm terrible at it. xD
Kim Site Admin

Welcome to the site! I'm sorry that forums make you anxious -- is there anything we can do to put you at ease? :)
Aggregal Topic Starter

Nothing really could, it's just been so long since I've looked for RP partners, but thanks.
Kim Site Admin

I'm sure you'll get back into the swing of it really quickly. Most people around these parts are very friendly! :)
Welcome! And Kim's right, folks here are super nice. I rank it in the top 2 friendliest sites I've ever found (I don't think I can rank one over the other, but I personally like it better here ^^ ). I tend to be pretty shy and withdrawn myself when entering any new community, but I decided to really try to dive in here, and I haven't regretted it a bit. :)

Whether in the forums, the RP finder, or just happening across cool people/characters, I think you'll be able to find some awesome RPs here. ^_^

Also, your internet connection makes me sad.
Welcome to RPR! Sorry to hear about your internet connection! D:

Everyone is really friendly here, but if you find that you still prefer to RP privately the PM system here makes that super easy too :) Hope you're liking the site so far!
Aggregal Topic Starter

Yeah, when you live out in the middle of no where with only one ISP option with 'dsl' that's slower than Dial-Up, the frustration sometimes makes you want to bash your head on the keyboard repeatedly till you bleed brains. The speeds can get down to 0.06kbs and the packet loss up to 90%, websites basically don't load at all, which is a big reason I prefer IM. This site really doesn't want to cooperate at all either. D:
Kim Site Admin

That sounds terrible! That is waaay too much packet loss. o.o
Aggregal Topic Starter

It really, really is. My traffic is routed through a node that gets extremely overloaded in the evenings. Been complaining about it for 3 years, still no fix. >.<
Kim Site Admin

I would lose my mind. You must have the patience of a saint.

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Hello everyone!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus