Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Dreams of Moon

Mmx (played by JayBird)

The four brigands dismounted their horses at the edge of the old wood, staring nervously in the torrential rain for only a moment before the plunged in, seeking their quarry. The hunter's lack of craft was obvious as they stomped and shouted, trying to flush the man that they were looking for. As they rounded the bole of an enormous primeval oak, however, their bravado failed and their cowardice emerged as a heavy branch was swung out, taking three of them in the chest and keeping down two of them.
Hunter became hunted as the brigands' prey came around, jumping and sending his knee flying up into the nose of the one left standing. Unwilling to leave someone to continue pursuit, the hunted man stomped on the newly fallen man's chest, driving him deep into the mud and incapacitating him as a quiet 'crunch' sounded from his chest.
Arms wrapped around the hunted man, pinning his arms to the side and lifting him from the ground, crushing him.
"You're going to die here, Mx." Foul breath washed across the hunted man's ear as he struggled to get a lungful of air. Jerking an arm free, the man, Mx, wasted no time in reaching back and pushing his thumb into the eye of the man holding him. His assailant released him before Mx ruined the eye and the hunted man dropped to his knees upon the ground. Running on instinct, Mx reached over and grabbed a grapefruit-sized rock and spun, smashing it into the bigger man's knee once, twice, three times in rapid succession before he fell. Unfinished, Mx slammed the rock as hard as he could into the man's head, then struggled to his feet and ran.
A short while later Mx stopped, slumping against a tree as the adrenaline left him. His legs shaking, the dark skinned man leaned over and panted heavily, trying to catch his breath before he sucked air in through his nose and smelled blue, dread running through him. Realizing too late that one of his legs wasn't shaking but trembling, Mx grabbed quickly at his neck, barely having enough time to shove the leather-wrapped bone into his mouth before the rest of the seizure hit, his eyes rolling into the back of his head before his stiff body splashed into the mud.
~*~
Swallowing muddy water, Mx coughed and spit out the bit in his mouth. Groaning and sitting up, he looked up, finding that the rains had moved on and a crystal clear night had fallen, a full moon bright in the sky. Touching his face, Mx was surprised to find his nose bleeding.
"Well that's new..."
Coughing more, Mx wiped his face and struggled to his feet, glancing at the sky one more time before starting to move deeper into the ancient forest.
Lacy-Jean Jensen (played anonymously)

Khalina watched from the shadows of the forest as the fight went on. Normally, she would stop it. But something inside her said that she should let it be. She watched, mildly entertained at the fact that one human could take down an entire four. She moved as the human did, following him into the forest though there was no sound of her footsteps; she hovered, just an inch or two above the ground. What could potentially be heard, if one had good ears, was the footsteps of her furry companion.

She watched as the human suddenly collapsed, taking a step or two out towards him. But her wolven friend huffed at her, nipping at her hand to bring her back. She remained in the shadows for a little while longer, watching as the male got up. She followed again, but soon she would make her presence known.

He would come upon a clearing, with many flowers and a large, still lake. It was there that Khalina would 'step' into the moonlight, walking towards the center of the clearing, and focus on the human. "Why did you fight and run?" she asked softly. Her voice was smooth and gentle. "Why were they chasing you?"
Mmx (played by JayBird) Topic Starter

Mx trudged through the forest until he came to the clearing. Hesitant to step in, at first, he paused beside a large puddle of mostly clean water, drinking some and then washing the blood from his face.
Finally, he rose and stepped inward, angling himself towards the edge of the still lake as he gazed upward into the sky, a foolish smile of wonder coming upon his face that stayed in place, even as he was spoken to from an unexpected direction. Blinking at the woman, a strange look slowly came over his face and, of all things, Mx started bobbing his head and moving it side to side, looking at her from different angles until he was satisfied. "You're not a spirit."
Mx looked around, finding a clear spot upon the forest floor before he sat, the spark in his eyes dimming only slightly as fatigue and the aftermath of his seizure started creeping up on him. "They were chasing me because their boss paid me to find something for him. But I decided after I found it that it would be better if he didn't have it. So I brought him a fake. But the fat clumsy bastard dropped the fake and it broke, so now he wants me dead."
Rubbing his face, Mx blinked and looked at his hands, then touched his still bleeding nose. "Hmm." Digging into a pocket, he pulled out a scrap of cloth and twisted it into a roll before stuffing both nostrils in an effort to stop the bleeding. "Is this your clearing? I'm very sorry to be bleeding in it, and I'll move on if you wish."

[Um... Hello?]
[well... i'll pick it up i suppose heh hope you don't mind i start from your fist post since it sems the other person has vanished]

in the light of the moon her golden eyes glowed a little as she watched the man. His fighting skill had defiantly impressed her which was not an easy feat. Like her style of fighting he did not use any of those modern connivance or steel weapons to get the job done but only his own power. When the convulsions racked his body her head tilted a bit to the side in confusion. What was the purpose of such a thing? Was in involuntary or just some sort of battle ritual. The answer she did not know. Silently she slipped between the trees some as old as her race. When he came back to consciousnesses once more she smiled pleased to see that the convulsions had not rendered him useless.

"Congratulations on your victory little one" she said remaining hidden. "It is no easy feat to kill four of your own kin at once. Though i must ask why you have set foot in my home." she said finally revealing herself to him.

She was tall. Immensely tall at that. She stood almost ten feet tall and looked to be some sort of anthopamophized creature. A bear perhaps? maybe a wolf... or a lion. It was hard to tell in the way the light hit her. She was dressed in a large hood made of animal skins that fell over her breasts and was secured with little more then a leather strap and a loincloth. A bone necklace glinted in the light making her look nearly as savage as these woods. "Do not fear me." she said quickly "If i meant to harm you i could have done so while you were shaking." she said and leaned against the tree. Her tail flicked back and forth a little as she watched him.

[You might have made my day. I was seriously considering writing off this site.]

Mx did not initially react to being spoken to, still dazed from the aftermath of his seizure. When the voice continued though, he looked around for the source of the voice, nearly falling over from craning his neck back as he did so. The adventurer's brown eyes widened as he looked at the gigantic creature, and he almost missed the rest of her words. With a madcap demeanor that was typical of Mx but made others think he was daft, the human slowly stepped forward until he could almost touch her, almost looking like a scared animal were it not for the strange half smile upon his face.
"I was hiding. Then I was fighting. Then I was sleeping." Mx answered honestly, if a bit abstractly, though he didn't seem to be the least bit bothered by the appearance of something that could eat him in three bites. "Now I'm wondering if I'm going to be running, or maybe if I'm going to be digesting."
Pain flitted across the human's face and he pressed a palm to his forehead, then ran his fingers through his hair, standing brave and tall, with mock heroism in his voice and he questioned the giant back. "And I must ask why you set foot in my hiding place."
[heh glad I could make a difference]

Volvoreta Chuckled a little bit and leaned down observing his wounds 'Why do either you aren't worth my time to hunt or eat. You might keep me going for an hour or so but that's all. besides i have already eaten today." she said and straightened up "Sleeping you were not. one does not convulse like that when they are asleep" she said and turned walking back into the woods beckoning him to follow her. 'I came to your hiding place because i smelled you when you entered the forest. it was a scent i did not recognize. Not one of Elk, deer or horse. So i decided to investigate. I watched those men chase you as their quarry, I care not for the reason behind it, and I saw you fight. You seemed interesting so i followed you."

Her feet thudded on the soft earth in graceful movements as she made her way though the mammoth like forest. Moving along some path that only she could see. "And now i do a thing stranger still. And that is to invite you to my den. You have proven yourself in my territory and my laws say i must do this." she said looking back at the young man. "I am Volvoreta Obomsawin in-case you wished to know my name."

As the giant creature started making her way farther into the woods, Mx furrowed his brows when he was beckoned, turning to look over his shoulder at the open world, still slightly visible through the trees. Turning to peer into the darkness of the primeval forest, the adventurer shrugged slightly and followed, muttering quietly to himself. "Beats taking an arrow to the knee."
Almost running to keep up, Mx vaulted over logs and slipped between trees, ducking under bushes and he tried to stay alongside the female. At her name, however, Mx stopped, giving her a bright smile before he bowed with a flourish. "Mmxilliactelliontuexdowaymalyktoba, at your service Miss Obomsawin. But everybody calls me Mx, or Mxy." As Mx started following again, however, the strain of the fight, his seizure, and following her started showing, the human stumbling a few times, winding up face down in a puddle and realizing that his nose was still bleeding before scrambling back to his feet. No word of complaint was given, however, and Mx never asked her to slow down, having a bit of a prideful streak in him.
Volvoreta smiled her legs were nice and long giving her an impressive stride. One step of hers was probably akin to 8 of the humans. "Yes I've heard many things beat taking arrows to knees. I once new an adventurer a long time a go. e was proud and strong But then he took an Arrow to the knee and became a lowly guardsman. I still think he was being over dramatic though." She said and stopped as he bowed before her a smile playing across her face. It is a pleasure to meet you Mmxilliactelliontuexdowaymalyktoba. Though if you want to go by nick names you may call me Reta."

as he slipped and fell She reached down and picked him up. "Forgive me for this but we can't afford to stop here And you are making a rather nice racket" she said slinging him over her shoulder and looking around. "We don't need to wake up the hell boars." with that she kept moving plunging deeper and deeper into the ancient forest. The further in they went the larger the trees got until they were large enough to build a mansion inside of them. setting him down in a small clearing with a big tree stump in the middle she turned and looked at him. "Tell me MX what is it that you seek? There is a reason you have come to this forest For nothing happens by coincidence.

Mx let out a soft "Urf" as he was picked up to be carried, slightly aghast at himself, having never had a problem keeping quiet before, though he decided that, having had to fight a boar before, he didn't want to risk waking the hell boars and finding out what made them more hellish in comparison to their kin.
When they stopped, Mx looked around, trying to get his bearings, and found himself gazing upon a sea of spirits, like wisps of smoke as they gazed back at him, and the adventurer knew instinctively that he was one of a very few of his kind to have been so far into the forest, if ever. Bowing his head, he spoke reverentially, and Reta would be able to tell that he was not just speaking to her, but to an unseen audience. "I came seeking asylum. I was hired to steal a holy relic from a simple people, and I decided to give a dangerous man a fake instead. I was forced to flee when I was found out."
As he spoke, Mx kept his eyes moving, nervous that he was going to have to start running again, and knowing that he wouldn't make it if he did.
Reta blinked a bit as she watched his actions closely. "You can see them can't you?" she asked taking a step towards him. Fumbling for a moment she took a long 16 inch pipe from a carved nook in the stump and a small bag of dried tobacco leaves. Placing some of the leaves in the pipe she lit it and held it out to them " These spirits are not like your human ones. They do not understand yor words. When you speak to them you must breath this smoke out. That is the only way " She said offering him the pipe.

The spirits swirled and flowed about this place as thick as the thickest fog. Indeed a very select few had ever made it this fat into the woods. In the surrounding towns many legends were told about this place. though most thought them to be stories to scare kids into behaving. Some told of Boars but not like the ones that were hunted as game. They were massive creatures, built like a battle tank with teeth that could easily crush steel. Others told of the Well of Souls. An ancient resting place for spirits but none had dared to find it for centuries. The last time some one had they did not return. That story was linked to the final one. The story of the guardians. These creatures protected the forest from any whom tried to desecrate it. The hell Boars feared them as did the local paople. It was said that one whom was not worthy that entered the forest would be found hung from a tree with his entrails ripped out. Though Mx was apparently worthy for even now he sat in the well of souls speaking to one of the fabled guardians of the spirits.Or so the legends might say

Reta beckoned as she sat atop the tree stump. "Come they will not harm you. Now tell me about this Relic that was stolen. What is it's significance?"

Mx nodded silently at the question of his sight, still keeping his eyes downcast as he accepted the pipe from Reta, drawing the smoke deep into his lungs and whispering it back out, repeating his words softly. The adventurer's right eye narrowed involuntarily as his headache sharpened to an acute pain due to the tobacco, Mx knowing that he was risking another seizure even as he performed Reta's version of a prayer not once, but twice more.
Lowering the pipe to his chest, the human coughed quietly and forced himself to breath through his nose to deal with his head before he approached the giant female. As he stepped towards her, he seemed to sway drunkenly, though he was avoiding coming into contact with the spirits that had drawn close to him, even though one or two had touched his hair, making it appear to be moved by an unnatural wind.
Reaching the stump, Mx sat down and hunched over, his elbows upon his knees and his eyes pressed firmly into the heels of his palms. His voice wavered as he spoke, but grew stronger as the sickness of the tobacco passed from him. "The Stone wasn't stolen. I never took it. Instead I had a fake made by a potter. When Dorsett dropped it, it shattered and my ruse was found out." With a sigh, Mx pulled his head from his hands and cast his gaze upward. "It was a strange sort of rock, and the legend surrounding it said that it had fallen from the stars in the long distant past..."

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Dreams of Moon

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus