Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Tairsah - A Waning Beacon [Long-term Dar (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Oh my, what fools we've all been. Complacent thoughts dull the senses, hubris commands desensitized bodies. How queer is it now, to feel empathy for the rats? We, like them, scatter about the woodwork of that which was once magnificent, once so glorious that man spilled pious blood, melancholy tears, and honor-bound sweat upon it. The destruction man has wrought upon itself beats upon pride with a hammer of righteous irony. Oh, yes, how very queer it is to be one with the rats.

Tairsah, a city of promise and tolerance is soon to be met with a terrible fate. Those that inhabit it will be quick to realize how little city walls will protect when faced with an evil the likes of which the world has never seen. With no safe sanctuary to flee to, the safest place is within the confines of Tairsah's city limits. As the plumes of black smoke grow closer, how will you prepare? Will you take up arms and defend yourself until the final hour, or will you turn on your fellow man, thinking of your own well-being? Whatever motivates you, hope it is enough to keep you alive in these darkest of times.

If you weren't bored enough to continue reading up to this point, then greetings and welcome! The lore of this RP is based around a universe I've been writing about for years. The setting is that of dark fantasy mixed with a medieval/ dark ages type of time period. Therefore, I'm looking for characters whose abilities and skills fit in with that kind of setting. For example, things like mages, archers, bounty hunters, warriors, paladins, etc are all welcome. Things like robotic space cowboys with laser beam eyes and a sick mullet... not so much. I'm also not picky on races, so it won't matter if you're human, elf, orc, dwarf, gnome, cat, whatever.

Violence is something that will appear often in this RP along with things like language, however to a lesser degree. So, if that's something that doesn't fit your RP style, I would not recommend this for you. Also keep in mind that the world is literally coming to an end in this RP. Therefore, you may be able to expect some things like racism and substance abuse. I'm going for a feeling of unpleasant realism in the way the world and its people act, delving into the feelings of desperation and helplessness.

So if this concept catches your interest, I invite you to come play through it with my friends and I. The group in which the the RPing will be conducted can be found here.
Upbeatdown Topic Starter

Shameless bump
Shameful Bump
Shaming Bump

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Tairsah - A Waning Beacon [Long-term Dar (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus