Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Making RPR more tablet friendly?

Mai (played anonymously)

I'm currently posting this from my new tablet pc (which is ungodly sexy btw). Upon encountering the homepage, the formatting is terribly off. The column in the right overtakes the updates and I have to scroll far down in order to see the updates people I've connected with have made.

I was wondering if there will ever be a small formatting alteration that would fix this for mobile users. I can't speak for smartphone users but, I can speak for tablet pc users.

It'd be nice to have an easier time viewing at least that part of the site while visting it mobilly. Haven't tried the character editing functions yet, but when I do, I'll be sure to respond to this again with how that went.

I understand that this issue is not of utmost importance and probably only applies to very few users, but I figured it couldn't hurt to bring this to light, especially if it is an easy fix.
Kim Site Admin

I've had a few reports of the homepage being off for tablet users. I do plan to investigate it. It takes me awhile because I have to locate a tablet to borrow to do the testing.

Mobile devices aren't top priority necessarily -- I have no plans to do a full mobile remake of the site, for example -- but when I can, I do at least try to make the site usable (if not necessarily gorgeous) for them. :) For example, during the redesign I added the ability to add widgets through tapping them (since dragging is impossible on touchscreen devices). I have a few positive reports of that working on iPads, iPhones and Androids, but so far no experiences for other hardware have been reported to me.

I also know that some older phones that do web browsing sometimes experience memory overflows when reading very long forum threads. Not quite sure how to do deal with that yet.
Kim Site Admin

Can you tell me the model number of your new tablet? CONGRATS on it, by the way. :D
I just gota Nook tablet myself and I have the same issues as I do on my phone. Its mostly just the notifications feed.
I don't have a tablet, but replying to pm's on my lg rumor touch is just terrible T_T I'll click the text box and try and type and nothing happens. Sometimes I can post through pm but most of the time its a no go.
Mai (played anonymously) Topic Starter

The only issue I've found so far was the activity feed and I will be sure to update if I find any more.

My tablet is an acer iconia a500. And it is so sexy.

I understand it's not top priority, it wouldn't be for me either. Just figured I'd point it out in case there ead a relatively easy fix or something in the long run. (:
Kim Site Admin

Thanks everyone! That's very useful feedback. :)

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Making RPR more tablet friendly?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus