Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Pandarax - New TTRPG

Ok, I'm back and with a vengance unknown to Mortal man and feared by the immortal.

I've had this new TableTop Role PLaying Game idea floating in my head for a little bit, and I figure why not have some of teh best RPers in the interwebs help me out with it?

The name is Pandarax, and I use a particular system of themes to determine the stats, skills, and abilities of the players. The players, in game, get things called alters; a mystic/psychic creature that is bound to them/reflects their inner persona. Both the Players and The Alters can fight at the same time.

I use different theme elements to create the Alters. Here are a couple of the themes.

Easter/Western Zodiac
- Player Stat adjustments
Tarot Cards
- Player Abilities
Chess Pieces
- Player Alter Abilities
Fairy Tales
- Alter Form, First Half
Mythology
- Alter Form, Second Half

This is all very up in the air right now, but I want to hear what people think.

Also, would anyone hear listen to a Podcast about this game, and basic ramblings about it?
Table top games are relative to my interests. As are podcasts about them.
Drayle88 Topic Starter

YAHOO! Bonebag First Post!

So... Any thoughts on what you see so far? Anything you want to know?

Also, http://pandarax.wordpress.com/

My blog, things will be posted there as well ^^
Drayle88 Topic Starter

Also kudos for posting at 1:33 Am my time. Ur epic
Drayle, I live on this forum. ...Also I woke up at 5pm today because I haven't been getting very good sleep for the past lifetime.

In terms of the game, what system would it be in? d20? Since it's still up in the air, I'm not going to get too butthurt over anything that I don't know. If it's listed in the blog, I have that open in another tab, just haven't looked at it. It would be hard to look at that, and type in here at the same time.
Drayle88 Topic Starter

I'm thinking a d10 d20 system. But that's just because idk how to deal with any other type atm X_x
:D It sounds interesting, though of course also a bit vague because it's just starting to be developed. So, let's see if I understood things right:

If I understand correctly, you roll on a table of Eastern and Western zodiac signs to determine a Player's bonuses to their otherwise standard stats? And roll on a table of Tarot Cards for Player abilities, etc, etc? And the alter will be part fairy tale creature and part mythological creature?
Drayle88 Topic Starter

Ethelle wrote:
:D It sounds interesting, though of course also a bit vague because it's just starting to be developed. So, let's see if I understood things right:

If I understand correctly, you roll on a table of Eastern and Western zodiac signs to determine a Player's bonuses to their otherwise standard stats? And roll on a table of Tarot Cards for Player abilities, etc, etc? And the alter will be part fairy tale creature and part mythological creature?

We was born on so-and-so date, and you choose Eastern or Western. It's kinda built in, and may also make you play the character differently. And as for all teh rest, If you are just starting out there is a trial/test you do that gives you your Tarot/Chess types, but if you already have an experienced user than yes you roll it out to see what you get.

And the Alter is Part Fairy Tail part Myth. Think... Little Red Riding hood, influenced by the Lightside Rook and empowered by Hades.

Boom, mind blown
Drayle88 wrote:
And the Alter is Part Fairy Tail part Myth. Think... Little Red Riding hood, influenced by the Lightside Rook and empowered by Hades.

I see! Interesting. XD
Minerva

Wow man. Sounds like a weird mix of you and Derek's chess games, Derek's zodiac, and my monster game. Best of luck getting all of that to work. o.o It's gonna be hard.
Drayle88 Topic Starter

Minerva wrote:
Wow man. Sounds like a weird mix of you and Derek's chess games, Derek's zodiac, and my monster game. Best of luck getting all of that to work. o.o It's gonna be hard.

I assure you, this idea has nothing to do with any previous ideas.
Drayle88 Topic Starter

So I was thinking... Using a simplified stat system for battle.

Attack
Deffense
Special Attack
Special Deffense
Accuracy
Evasion
Speed

It's basic to just about any rpg video game, in one form or another.mi . Just trying to figure stats for noncombat events, like sneaking, diplomacy, ect ect.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Pandarax - New TTRPG

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus