Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Hunters needed

EbonySnow Topic Starter

One idea I had is that the hunters are a small group, with limited resources but soon a bigger organisation offers to fund them and they have access to unlimited resources and intell.. but at a cost of course.
Have you thought of maybe a beastie twist that's helping the hunters for there own gain and reasons?
course..............that could also open it up for the whole cosmic chess board, the hunters are nothing more then pawns in some larger plan.
EbonySnow Topic Starter

*Grins* ALWAYS a possibility... Im thinking the organisation is obviously evil but the hunters end up having to work with them for some reason.. inner battles with morals ensue
BUT! I digress sorry xD
EbonySnow Topic Starter

No you dont digress.. thats actually where I want to head things.. my character will be part of the cosmic chess board as you so aptly put it.. she will be the Queen .. lol
Hmmm, that organization could end up with interesting plots, some agree, some disagree and would be pitted against each other to.
EbonySnow Topic Starter

Yeah there are heaps of possibilities for inner warfare, espionage, treason.. double agents.. etc etc.
EbonySnow Topic Starter

It would be so you wouldnt know who to trust.. apart from your inner core of trusted hunters that is. :D Even then... you never know...
EbonySnow Topic Starter

And the human hunters.. dont necessarily HAVE to be JUST human.. *grins*
The hunters have always been a small group though, and never so much in groups, or so it seems in the show because its all dealing with stuff most don't believe are real. I think the biggest group iv seen was like around 3 or 4? So there would have to be a good reason for a bigger group to join together as big numbers could also limit some of the things it takes for a hunt. Like the detective aspect, and the staying off the radar of the cops and other badies that hunt the hunters.
EbonySnow Topic Starter

The pub/tavern/roadhouse is the meeting place for it all.. kinda a Hunter Hub of activity and tips. Its where hunters will go if they are lacking a mission. As GM I will have heaps of different missions I can assign groups of hunters if it gets that far.. but I want them all to be connected to a greater .. syndicate of evil.. or the cosmic chessboard. Yes.. our group of hunters will be small. No more than 4 who are actively hunting on the current mission.. PLUS the hunters at home base and then all the others at the Hub.
I like the cosmic idea, because then that could open up the plot where the hunters find out there just pawns between two great entites with hunters on both sides, that would then force them to choose sides, or there own side and ride out the storms of all that could happen in there choices. The syndicate of evil would be good to, though that is just one major enemy group.
come to find out some of the things there hunting, they don't need to be, like the vampires who were just wanting to survive and try to be human in that one episode where Sam was all for letting them live.
EbonySnow Topic Starter

Exactly.
EbonySnow Topic Starter

So which role do you think you might prefer?
I, am sorta leaning towards a bartender with contacts for weapons xD maybe a beastie that has a deal going on with the hunters for a neutral zone for those willing to help the hunters as well?
EbonySnow Topic Starter

That sounds cool. :D
could lead to some interesting story plots between the tender, the neutral pact, and the big baddies at some point to xD
EbonySnow Topic Starter

K.. Well I dont want my main gal to come into the plot for a while.. so Ill start out as a waitress at your bar, perhaps? Again, that could be my cover.. and Im out for intell on a secret mission. :D

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Hunters needed

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus