Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Colorist Wanted!

4e2b7a35.png

Anybody feel like coloring this up for me? You know, the right way? Because I can't do much better than flat colors, and it looks so boring that way!

Some tools to help:
Lines w/ Transparent Background
The Flat Colors for Reference
Minerva

I can try to work on it but no promises. Often my coloring is dependent on the lineart I place beforehand so I know where my color strokes go. The lineart is pleasantly clean by most artist's standards, which would ironically place a barrier to me in my style. I can take it as a challenge, however. I can't guarantee anything as it's pretty outside my style but in the very least it can be a method of growing in my style. Worst case scenario, if nobody else replies (unlikely) I can make an attempt at it and will be doing so regardless.

That said, would you be OK with me taking your art as reference and using it to draw my own reference art and color it my way? If so do you have any other references to the character for me to get the fullest experience of him when rendering him?

That script on his arm looks like an odd crossways of various mid eastern, solomon's angelic, and enochian. Is there a particular base you used or am I to just freeform it and make it look coolish? It's definitely not akkadian or babylonian, or any somesuch. I'm no linguist so if there's a specific language to reference tell me and I'll research it. I'm aware those details can be deeply important.
Sanne Moderator

I can give it a shot, if nothing else it would be good practice for me to define shapes and depth with shading. :) I just don't know if my style is appealing to you?
Andryn Topic Starter

Minerva wrote:

That said, would you be OK with me taking your art as reference and using it to draw my own reference art and color it my way? If so do you have any other references to the character for me to get the fullest experience of him when rendering him?

That script on his arm looks like an odd crossways of various mid eastern, solomon's angelic, and enochian. Is there a particular base you used or am I to just freeform it and make it look coolish? It's definitely not akkadian or babylonian, or any somesuch. I'm no linguist so if there's a specific language to reference tell me and I'll research it. I'm aware those details can be deeply important.
I don't mind at all, by all means, have fun with it! As for the script- it was actually a Tengwar font I had that I tooled with a little to look less obvious. It just needs to be a sort of fantasy-ish ancient runic language of some kind.
Sanne wrote:
I can give it a shot, if nothing else it would be good practice for me to define shapes and depth with shading. :) I just don't know if my style is appealing to you?
Anybody is willing to give it a go if they'd like, I really wouldn't mind seeing anybody's take on it!
This guy doesn't seem legit. He has a history of being a douche and living in squalor.
Minerva

K k, Andy. Do you have any other references? references can even include text profiles so I can get the greatest depth and feeling for them possible.
Andryn Topic Starter

Minerva wrote:
K k, Andy. Do you have any other references? references can even include text profiles so I can get the greatest depth and feeling for them possible.
He's one of my RPR characters! Talin! Mind you, this pic is a bit older.
Minerva

I'm loading his profile on dialup as I type. I'll prolly try to draw then color him. I'd need a jump drive to transfer the original file to my computer, as I'm on one that isn't mine at the moment and it'd be a more out of the way creative style for me anyway.
I love the 'whatever it is' that he has written onto his arm. I had a similar idea once. Gorgeous.
Andryn wrote:
4e2b7a35.png

Anybody feel like coloring this up for me? You know, the right way? Because I can't do much better than flat colors, and it looks so boring that way!

Some tools to help:
Lines w/ Transparent Background
The Flat Colors for Reference

Are you still looking for a colorist?

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Colorist Wanted!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus