Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » A space faring fantasy?

Are you seeking an animal or humanoid avionic race?
0V3RL0RD-P4RR0T Topic Starter

I think Harpies would be an interesting in between for humanoid and animalistic.
How about elementals?

That could be interestign on one of the other worlds, once we figure out how the space stuff works XD
Out of curiosity, what is your goal for the deadline? Not a specific date maybe, but a rough estimate of time.

I don't really have a deadline for the world to be set up XD I just want it to be done when it's done
Just checking.

You could use the portal we all see used in anyhing dealing with Thor in recent times (I'm hoping it's in actual mythology and they didn't make it up!). This would allow travel between worlds.

Maybe the deities in the world could use something like that, but what I had in mind was more direct and slower travel between the worlds. My original idea was that they did make space crafts, but they wouldn't be like modern space crafts. Instead of being made of metal, they'd be largely wooden, with some areas reinforced with metal. And they'd be propelled by a type of mineral that when charged with magic, shoots some sort of energy out that pushes things away from it.
Realistically it would burn up in the atmosphere, but I like where you are going with it. That does seem a bit more like space age with supplemented materials rather than 'high magitech' rivaling sci fi.

It's still yours so if you like something don't let me pull you away. I'm just adding info to help with ideas and decisions.

I wasn't planning for things in the rp to be realistic XD What I have set in stone is that the 'space' in this world doesn't follow the rules that space in the real world follows. I'm not sure what all is diffrent, but there will be differences. For instance, I imagine if it was enchanted right someone could walk out into 'fantasy space' in their under wear.
Logically,if this were to involve magic, that would serve as a barrier for reentering the atmosphere, as well as energy for the craft and so on and so forth
Blu_Dino

Gamers wrote:
Just checking.

You could use the portal we all see used in anyhing dealing with Thor in recent times (I'm hoping it's in actual mythology and they didn't make it up!). This would allow travel between worlds.

Thor is from Nordic mythology and it does exist but i'm not sure if. Asgard is.

I don't think it matters if the portal actualyl exists XD I don't think I'm gonna be using it.

Anybody have any suggestions for how space would work in this world?

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » A space faring fantasy?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus