Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » A fantasy adventure about the things we (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Robin (played anonymously)

I'm bumping this old thread because I want to give this RP a second shot after it died last time. We are now open for business again!

This will be a long-term, lighthearted fantasy-comedy. Players are encouraged to use characters that are a bit more unusual or out of the box, things that would normally be too silly or strange for a more serious story. There are only two restrictions: That they must fit into a medieval-ish fantasy world and that they must all have a grail: An object, a piece of information, a person, anything, that they are seeking. They each need their own unique quest. For my character, he is trying to undo his transformation into a bat. Your can be whatever you want.

The characters will encounter each other while they are on their way to a mighty sorcerer living in a distant tower. This revered and feared figure is the grand wizard... Bob. Each character believes Bob can help them find their grail. They can work together or manipulate each other to forward their own goals. The story will run either until each player has accomplished their quest, failed it beyond repair, or decided not to pursue it further. Or died.

Their search will take them through the deadly Wunschwald, a forest of dangerous illusions and monsters that will try to mislead or harm them. They will need all their wits, strength, and will in order to make it out alive.
Quote:
Additional details
-Adjustable length prose. Be detailed or just stick to quick posts, just try to keep it over three or four sentences.
-Tolkienian demihumans (Elves, dwarves, etc.) are discouraged. Players are strongly encouraged to create their own race if they would like to play a non-human.
-Story may contain small amounts of violence, language, or romance, at players' discretion, but gratuitous gore, swearing, and sex scenes are not allowed.
-Once pace is established, players who fall behind may have their characters temporarily removed or controlled by the rest of the group until they return. This is just to keep up the pace, and we'll let go of your character as soon as you return.
-FAILURE IS AN OPTION. Character death is possible. If that is an absolute "no" for you, please don't join.

Interested? Reply here or shoot me a PM.
Kara (played by AcrossTheSea)

I'm interested. It's be a chance to try out Kara as a character. Of course, she'd only die in this RP(it wouldn't carry over to other RPs). I'm happy to join, if you'll have me.
Robin (played anonymously) Topic Starter

Sounds good, I'd just need to know what Kara's goal would be for the story.

She wants to know where she could find Tyler Rhine, her friend who was separated from her.

The thread is up and running here. Robin just encountered our other character, Maddi in the forest. You could be traveling through the forest as well, or you could show up later in the story, it's up to you.

I will join in after a little bit into the story(probably tonight depending on how far yall get into the RP). This should be interesting :D

Bumping. I'd like to give this a second shot. I liked where this was going before it died, so let's try again. If the players from last time are still interested, the old thread is still up, but you're welcome to join the new one too.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » A fantasy adventure about the things we (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus