Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » When The Moon Smiles {Retired}

Khael Tristen (played anonymously) Topic Starter

Khael was enthralled by what she said. The last thing she seemed to be was a philosopher.
"Well, not family; guardian." He corrected her, crossing his legs casually, thinking about Geoff with disgust. He agreed with her ideas on alcoholism with the highest regards, constantly sickened with his uncle's behavior. He stretched and yawned slightly, preparing his body for a night of sleepless activities. He leaned back and put his hands behind his head, looking up at her with gentle eyes the color of warm water. The urge to hold her rushed through his body as a translucent pink color lined the ocean.
She fascinated him but at the same time, he had the feeling that was an extremely lonely person, hence her harsh tone to any hospitality.
It probably feels wrong for her to ignore her independence. He thought carefully. With solitude grows independence and with independence, the necessity of pride festers. A tough shield to break, but once inside, unseen beauty is witnessed. He accepted his challenge and a smile appeared on his face as his eyes shifted another direction.
Nitsua (played anonymously)

"Family, guardian, it's all the same."

For her, it was. For her two only friends were also his family, his comrades, and even part of herself. Those two encompassed all - and thus she believed it was like that with everyone. Memories of others, 'friends' maybe, were so far away in the depths of her memory she couldn't even remember their faces.

She had forgotten them on purpose.

Feelings will dull your blade. Feelings will dull your blade. Feelings will dull your blade.

Yes, that was all she remembered when she tried to think of friends other than the two spirits. She closed her eyes for a second, and sighed. When she looked at him, Khael's eyes had changed again - for some reason, those constant changes of color weren't annoying her nearly as much as they used to.

A deep sigh penetrated his tired body as he stared at nothing. His body felt heavy as he sat still, sleeping trying to win him over as the silence and stillness of the room pushed it further. He cleared his throat lightly and looked up at her casually, trying to keep something on his mind so sleep wouldn't have room.
"Where have you been headed?" He asked curiously, knowing that she couldn't have walked through the snow just for the sole fact of seeing him. He had the strong feeling that he happened to just be a side-stop toward a grander destination.

Why was he asking? Oh well, it wouldn't hurt to answer.

"I wander. I seek the most powerful beings in the world to test myself against them. Two friends guide me to unusual and strong people. I was also leaving the country for reasons you may suspect. My ways often clash with the law."

"I regret nothing!"

A small pause ensued, during which Nitsua looked down at the floor. She was sleepy. Very much so. But not sleepy enough.

"You live here, alone with a man you seem to dislike. Your life sounds dull."

Were Nitsua someone else, she would have made the statement sound much less rude.

He suspected nothing less than an answer full of nonsense in his mind. A girl who heard voices and killed people; why was she in his house? His nerves were frayed far too much to be fearful of his choices to let her stay and his mind shifted to her second comment.
"I wouldn't say dull." He argued, his memories filling with nights of harsh words, nights of light and dark, nights of pain and fear, and nights of peace to balance it out. The ocean in his eyes had frozen over as he spoke, looking up at her to see that she looked sleepy.
"I know you don't want to show me any weakness or whatever but I really don't mind if you sleep. I won't hurt you and god knows I won't tell anybody that the big tough elf girl succumbed to her evil bodily needs." He said with a sharp tone of sarcasm brought on by the lack of sleep and the impatience of reasoning with a psychopath.

"Ouch! I think he just hit a nerve, didn't he?"

Nitsua ignored the spirit. For a second, she merely glared at Khael. Her left hand slowly moved down her body, resting on the Atoner's hilt, over the cloak. Then in her face appeared a small grin.

"I am not sleeping because I do not wish to sleep.", she lied. However, when you speak almost in monotone, it's hard to tell when you're lying. Plus, fighting her bodily needs would make for excellent endurance training, no?

"But I could tell you the same. Should you not be sleeping right now? You look awfully tired."

He laughed lightly, tilting his head slightly. She was very amusing, to say the least.
"Well I can tell you truthfully that I'm not sleeping because turning my back to a schizophrenic elf girl in the middle of the night whilst she wonders my house is just about the most stupid move anybody can make." He explained lightly, his eyes were again the dark ocean of impartiality. He wanted to sleep more than anything but he was afraid that she would turn out to be either a thief or a murderer. Though losing his life wouldn't be a loss...he thought. He had nothing to live for, however he highly doubted that she would want to earn the right to have both the Atravictus and the Luxivictus on top of her schizophrenia. The poor woman would probably kill herself.

"Schizophrenic?"

"Did that kid just insult us?"

"I do not think so."

Nitsua honestly didn't know what he was talking about, either. Schizophrenic... Was it some kind of word for someone who makes a deal with spirits? No matter. He was right in a way. Being careful is always good. No one can be trusted. And she only honored her word fifty per cent of the time. At best.

"Whatever you mean by that, it's your choice. Sleep if you want, or don't. I am just waiting for dawn so I can go."

Khael snorted out of frustration. She was really no good at conversation.
"Fine, stand there for 4 hours, be my guest." He said in almost a growl, his eyes with a pretty golden ring around them now.
If she decided to stay awake until dawn, that meant that he was also required to do so and his body faught the idea as hard as it could. It was her plan. To make him fall asleep out of necessity so she could do her dirty deed. Well he was more stubborn than that and she would soon find herself very disappointed as her plan failed.

From Nitsua came no answer. Oh, the excruciating silence. For a moment that seemed lasted for ages, not even the spirits spoke. And then, when the trail of conversation was long lost, in that short period of time after a conversation when it's both awkward to try to continue the previous conversation and start a new one...

"Do you wish to speak about your life?"

Not that she cared much about it.

Khael looked at her with clear confusion. Why on Earth would she give a rat fuck about his life?
"Why do you want to know?" He asked in reply, looking at her carefully as he attempted to read her face. From the moment that she stepped into his house, all she had wanted to do was kill him. Now suddenly an interest in his life? He doubted it. Either there was an alternate reasoning behind her question or she was just scared of silence and wanted him to blindly describe information so she could use it as white noise.

"For no reason other than to make time go by faster. Is this not what you, as a race, generally do - converse to kill the time?"

Yes, everyone did it, as far as she knew. Even her, sometimes. But mostly with the two spirits. And rarely, if ever, about trifle things. But... mere curiosity had led her there, after all. Had it not? If the kid didn't want to speak, that would be fine.

"Appeal to his own curiosity, perhaps?"

Nitsua deemed the idea a good one. The way she did it, however, left much to be desired.

"I will answer your questions, should you have any."

Castigadora always made her act more friendly than she really was.

Jumping at the opportunity to learn about the stranger who had inserted herself into his life, Khael sat up straight with interest.
"I have lots of questions. Where are you from? Why do you talk to yourself? Why are you here? What's your name?" He spewed, his eyes retained a pumpkin color around the deep blue.

(Wow, I'm really sorry about the wait. I was busy and had terrible writer's block xD)

(no need to apologize! :) )

"Castigadora's little psychological tricks worked like a charm, huh?

"It would seem so."

The elf glared at Khael, then pondered for a second. When she spoke, she spoke quickly.

"You asked questions I have already answered, kid. But if your memory is that short... I am Nitsua, Whisperer of Fates, from a worthless small country I will not name, in the continent of Rimannia, traveling in order to become worthy of calling myself a Blood Knight. To achieve that end, I fight and vanquish strong foes, enduring harsh training of both body and mind. That quest to find strong foes is what brought me here, as you know." She halted for a moment. "And I do not talk to myself... do you wish to show yourselves?"

"And spoil the chance of playing with his tiny brain some more?"

"Castigadora?"

"I am also unsure if we should"

The elf looked bothered.

"I speak with the two spirits in my blades."

His orange ocean eyes stared at her blankly as he refused to absorb her information. His tired mind couldn't process it thoroughly enough anyway and the sighed, rubbing his sore eyes. Voices in her head, he had been right.
But why was he so quick to disregard her story? He kept forgetting that he had nonsensical secrets as well.
"Spirits?" He played in, looking up at her with default dark eyes. "You talk to sword spirits?"

"Took him a while."

The elf nodded.

"These two spirits, an angel and a daemon, inhabit my swords and assist me, while also being my family. They also grant me many powers."

A pause, while she apparently awaited for Redentor to make one of his cynical comments. The spirit, however, probably read her mind, and kept quiet just to be obnoxious.

"I hope your questions are answered."

Khael's logical mind prevented him from really grasping what she was saying but he let it go. It really was none of his business to begin with.

(Hey, I'm going to timeskip a couple hours until morning. If you don't like this, let me know and I'll rewrite it lol)

Hours passed as the two people hung around in the livingroom until 7 o'clock came around and the sun began to rise just out the window. Khael was sitting with his arms crossed, leaning back into the couch. He was just barely hanging onto consciousness and his blank stare gave him away.

The elf ignored the Khael's state completely.

"It is time." she finally said, as she watched the sun rise. "This was... interesting. I came with questions,but yours were the ones that got answered."

"Hey, I know, let's wake up the kid's guardian and have some fun at his expense."

"Quiet, you."

"And you, Khael, get some sleep already. You need it."

So did she, but years living in harsh conditions give you a big pain threshold. Nitsua opened the door outside, ready to leave, but the sudden burst of icy wind that immediately filled the room made her slam the door shut, again. Perhaps too violently, as the whole house seemed to tremble as she did it.

A minor setback.

"Castigadora."

"The Rite?"

"Yes."

Khael yawned and stood from the couch when Nitsua opened the front door. He was so close to slipping into unconsciousness that he really didn't have a mind to analyze what she was talking about clearly. Instead he just watched her slam the door and talk nonsense about her "Castitora" fellow or whoever.
"Too cold?" He asked with a soft voice, his dark eyes rested on her casually as he swayed slightly in the middle of the living room.

"...I hate snow.", she stated again. She glanced at Khael, for what would be the last time, but then...

"I think I understand now."

"Huh?"

"What?"

The sword on her sheath, Punisher, hummed slightly underneath her cloak. Something was up with Castigadora. Nitsua could only suspect why. She, unlike the spirits, couldn't read her companions' minds.

"Do me a favor, Nitsua."

A favor? Nitsua raised an eyebrow. That was most unexpected. Redentor was the one who always asked her to do him favors... "What is it?"

As the spirit explained, she remained quiet. Somewhat displeased with the favor she was asked, she nodded.

"Khael. Are you unhappy in here?"

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » When The Moon Smiles {Retired}

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus