Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » When The Moon Smiles {Retired}

Khael Tristen (played anonymously) Topic Starter

Khael stared at her with glazed eyes while she spoke to herself, waiting for a response to his simple question. Instead, a new question was thrown into the air and he wished he had the mind to tell her what he really thought.
"No." He lied, simply wanting the conversation to end so he could sleep. Why would she care about his happiness anyway?
Nitsua (played anonymously)

Nitsua seemed more than happy with that response, but not the angelic spirit. No, Castigadora had seen right through the boy's lie. And knowing very well that Nitsua could never understand her point, or serve as an intermediary for that matter, she decided to make herself visible. Much to the annoyance of the female elf, who just wanted to leave the boy and go.

Yes, should Khael turn around, he would see before him the form that the angel was most comfortable with, the pale and attractive young woman, white hair, gray eyes, wearing but a jacket and pants, all of the purest white. The huge ivory cross on her back was absent for once, and she floated slightly above the ground. Her skin seemed to emit a soft white glow.

"Khael." Said the angel, her voice the sweetest of songs. "Are you unhappy in here?"

Nitsua seemed quite annoyed. Why did Castigadora care?

"Bah, showoff."

For once, the elf was temped to agree with the daemon. At least he wasn't showing himself to a boy who would probably prefer being left alone.

His dark eyes widened but their color remained the same. His body was tired but he couldn't resist staring at the beautiful woman before him. Had it not been for the Luxivictus that lined his blood, he would have fallen victim to her shear, immortal beauty.
"I...yes." He felt the words spill from his mouth as he stared at her in disbelief. So the crazy elf wasn't so crazy afterall...

Nitsua, bothered as she was, was now a secondary character in the farce taking place. Both spirits had the annoying gift of being so much more interesting-looking than her.

The angel nodded at Khael.

"Why lie, then? We do not mean you any harm. They do not care one way or the other, but I do. Tell me - mind them not - why you are unhappy?"

The angel, usually the coldest of the three, was prone to such unexpected surges of endearment. With Khael, one could argue that it had not been that random.

With sleep and awe weighing on his mind, he had no room for lies as he stared up at the angel. His eyes faded from the dark blue into a warm chocolate color as he answered with a soft tone.
"Everything." He replied plainly, feeling the emotion from his life fill his mind, his eyes shifting from a cool blue to a fierce black and nearly everything in between.

(My posts are so short, I'm sorry haha)

(I dun care about length. ;) My own posts often oscillate between OMGLONG and OMGSHORT.)

"Such sorrow... is it because of the twin essences that lie within you? The man you talked about with so much contempt? The nature of your very self... or the fact that you are here... alone?"

"Do you know what she wants?" The elf asked the other spirit, the one who hadn't revealed himself.

"Nope. But I hate it when she tries to be a goody two-shoes! Just because she used to be an angel, she can get away with it!"

The daemon kept mumbling to himself, about why Castigadora sucked, but none of the women paid any attention to him. Nitsua was too annoyed to bother, and the angel had other things to care about.

"Y'know? I think... she cares."

After nearly 15 years of sucking it up and learning to accept life as it was, Khael began to feel long-dormant pain flare within his gut. His eyes flashed to the icy blue as a thin layer of pearl surrounded their edges. He felt the burn of tears threaten his pride as he stared up at the angel woman. He couldn't answer. His throat was burning and he couldn't seem to get any words out. What was going on? He had always been completely in control of himself. What he felt and presented to others. Why was he NOW loosing control? He snorted slightly, pushing back the nonsense tears and taking a deep breath, shoving the emotion back down where it belonged.
"My life is what it is." He stated, reverting back to the logical mindset that he leaned on so heavily in order to remain sane. "Life is what you make it. I'm perfectly fine." He commented, mostly to himself. His eyes faded back to a deep blue as he stared up at the gorgeous woman before him.

"You are right, young Khael. Life is what you make of it. And yet, you said you were unhappy... what went wrong? What would you do... if you could run from your misery, and find a new start somewhere else?"

As she spoke, she started floating closer and closer to the ground, until her feet touched it. Well, it was quite obvious it was but an illusion, as Castigadora lacked a corporeal form... «

"Should we be... doing something, Nitty?"

"I don't know. Castigadora, we should leave."

The elf was ignored. Nitsua started feeling helpless. She tried so hard to ignore that flaw... but she became quite insecure when she didn't have both spirits on her side.

Not much of a "hypothetical" kind of person, Khael ignored her imaginative concepts and stared at her silently for a moment before answering.
"I have nowhere to go, running away would cause more problems than I have now." He replied in a literal sense, brushing back the chocolate hair from his dark eyes. Glancing at the DVD digital clock, he was surprised that he had managed to stay awake for so long, yet, sleep still hadn't taken control of him. The dark eyes flashed toward Nitsua, realizing how impatient she seemed to be. Where was she going in such a hurry? His care for that question was lacking so he shrugged it off, waiting for Castigadora to make her next move.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » When The Moon Smiles {Retired}

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus