Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Forum: Text editing

SeraphicStar

So. I come here today to suggest this. Ahem.

Y'KNOW LIKE, WHEN YOU'RE LIKE, POSTING AND STUFF, YEAH, YOU SHOULD HAVE LIKE, THOSE BUTTONS TO CHANGE THE COLOR OF THE TEXT AND STUFF, AND LIKE, CHOOSE THE FONT AND, YOU KNOW, A QUOTE BUTTON AND STUFF.

I am aware that you can do that using code, but buttons would be more handy. Thank you all.

Gravy.

*explodes*
Sanne Moderator

NNNNGGHN.... maybe. :O It would be nice but since I'm a hardcore Notepad website designer I'm in favor of learning by remembering all the codes. REMEMBER IIIIIT. *shakes*

Joking aside, I wouldn't really care for it... The things that you format most (bold, italics and underline) are clickable and that's enough for me personally. I really dislike when post textareas are littered with an overload of buttons that are only used once in a blue moon. That's very personal though!
Kim Site Admin

I actually took most of those buttons out in an attempt to discourage people from making me read bright yellow text. There seems to be some compulsion to make reading forums painful when it's easy to do so.. Maybe I'm being paranoid, but dayum, I have seen some trainwrecks in my time. And been guilty of a few as a teenager.
SeraphicStar Topic Starter

Fair enough. Maybe I'm trusting the poster's good sense a tad too much.

...forget said suggestion.

*will still use BRIGHT YELLOW TEXT*
I just do my formatting on another forum that has more options. But would be nice, but i also see why the admin could easily get anoyed by code abusers..lol every forum has them. But the forums are so small still but guess better leave it out now then have people bitch when removed.

I mainly want a spell check button.

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Forum: Text editing

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus