Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Widgets left/center/right

I couldn't think of a better title really.

Its come to my attention that on occasion I find it a bit of an eye-sore that I'm unable to move the fixed widgets to align with the rest of my template. Now I'm not a subscribed member and was simply wondering if it was possible?

Suggestion:
Fixed widgets (widgets such as gallery, always/never chart, character connections and kudos) having the options to align to the left, center or right of the page.

Options can show like three boxes, one for each alignment, that can be listed in the widget itself (you simply check it, or leave it blank and reverts to standers option). So that each widget could be set separately for a more personalized touch.

Its just an idea and can understand if it would be too tedious to do. But its food for thought?

Cheers,

Lyssic
Lyssic Topic Starter

Haven't received any feedback on this since its been posted. >.>
This would make for some excellent visual customization. I'd love to see something like this implemented, assuming doing so wouldn't end up turning into an endless tide of brain-blistering frustration for the devs.
Kim Site Admin

Sorry, I missed this the first time around!

As much as this kind of customization might rock, it does have the potential to be far more of a headache than it's worth in terms of getting other things done for the site.

I say this because adding this kind of complexity serves as a multiplier of work. Every extra display option times the number of templates I have to maintain, times the number of browsers and devices that people use to access the site. So (right, center, left )* (roughly 70 templates) * (IE7, IE8, IE9, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, iOS) = YIKES

And in about two weeks that 70 templates number is going to be closer to 90.

I may experiment with something like this down the line to see how many bizarre fringe cases it generates, but not immediately. :)
Hooke wrote:
I'd love to see something like this implemented, assuming doing so wouldn't end up turning into an endless tide of brain-blistering frustration for the devs.

Alas, if only devs was accurate. It is only dev. ;)

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Widgets left/center/right

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus