Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Cryoganal: Our New Home

Storm (played anonymously)

After earth was destroyed by the Cryos almost fourty years ago we fought them for their own planet and eventually won! Now human kind lives on Cryoganal, a cold tundra planet with only enough warmth located on each pole to sustain farms for feeding the couple hundred thousand surviving humans. But since over victory for Cryoganal things have not been peachy. Cryos, or space elves with a weakness to fire or extreme heat, still hide out attacking human colonies as terrorist organizations, there are giant space beasts known as Celestials who seek to devour sustainable planets as a food source so fighters must combat thoughs in space. And also, starting up a government like this one isn't easy, but maybe a hero or two could help, maybe someone who take on all three problems: Cryos Survivers, Celestial threats, and creating a sustainable government, along with helping out with food shortages, power issues and the freezing cold temperatures on Cryoganal.
Jack crow (played by Shadowknightx)

Jack had been on this planet for awhile now and he was not amused with the inhabitants of the city. He was arms dealer who was down on his luck.
Storm (played anonymously) Topic Starter

At this four way intersection he could see the town hall tower, this city was known as Next York City, also called "Next City" by its residence. A business man stands out among the rest walking in and out, his blue hair is unusual for someone of his ranking status in the government. (ASQ)

Distracted for a moment your character might see the old Cryos man, a beggar who was labeled not a threat and was allowed to stay in the city, he is spouting some nonsense about a temple being destroyed and begging for money. His white beard matches the color of the snow, and his skin was a tint of light blue with all white eyes with no pupils. (MGQ)

Near hear a block to the left a man in a red coat with black fur on the inside is walking down the street in his helmet, a pilot of some sort pushing a hover dolly with a mysteriously large crate on it heading towards the Next City star docks. (CHQ)

Behind your character folks gawk at two detectives examining a dead woman's body as they curse the universe for not having enough officers to properly block off the area. (PFQ)
(Mind if I join if the other guy isnt?)

((Ooc: Sounds good to me :)))
A young girl stood at the crime scene, one of the few military personals that could be spared. As of the moment, all she had to do was try to keep the citizens of Next City from getting too close to the crime scene, a task that was proving rather difficult.

"Please, I need you to back up some so our team can evaluate the scene." The girl pleaded with the crowd, earning her a coupld feet of space. She wore a long black coat with a crest of arms on the left sleeve, the crest of Next City, proving her to be military. In addition to her coat, the girl wore black combat boots pulled over a pair of white-washed skinny jeans. She was accustomed to the cold by now, having been born and raised in next city instead of the warmer Top Wood or Bottom Wood. The only winter item she wore was her white gloves, which hid a secret that not many knew.

The girl looked around with wary eyes, taking in everything from the Cryos beggar to the man with the red coat, to the man standing on the corner of the intersection. None of the others were her job though, her only mission today was to make sure the woman got to headquarters safely.

(Is this ok? I tried to use info from your post and your char's profile. ;) )

The woman has several fatal wounds to the back with hints of blue residue on the skin. Past knowledge says that this was done by a Cryo-Weapon, a dagger or blade of some sort that was made of the Cryos resorces called Frost-Fire Smithing. This was the only real clue that the crime scene gave other then it was an act of aggression.

(Perfect :) A note, this is an open world RP so you can literally do anything you want! I'm your personal DM!))
After the scene was successfully cleaned and treated, a bubble constructed over the area to preserve anything the team might have missed, the girl waved the investigation team off and glanced around once more. What to do now? Scold the old man for begging on the street? Go after the suspicious figure heading off towards the docks? Go home? The last one wasn't really an option, if there were any suspicious characters around it was her duty to figure out what they were up to no matter what. Even if it meant her life.

Sighing, the girl headed off towards the docks to figure out what was up with the man in the red coat.

(So are you going to be just the DM or......)

Towards the giant hanger area there were many star ships coming and going most just flew to other parts of the planet but some went up to Soldier defense posted Satalites just above Cryoganal's atmosphere. The man with the red coat headed in towards his ship with his unusually large package. Something about it told you that it was extremely dangerous.

(Mostly yes)
The girl followed the suspicious man at a distance, being careful not to be seen. The man seemed to be handling the package delicately, as if it was extremely dangerous. That was going to be a problem. Sneaking onto the man's ship, the girl noticed that there were other packages on it just like the one he had on the dolly.

I have to tell this to HQ. The thought drifted through her mind briefly before she dismissed it, she would report it after it was solved and no sooner. It would look bad on her record if she showed up with info and didn't stop the crook. Ducking behind some boxes, the girl watched the man stack the box on the dolly with the rest, oblivious to her immediate surroundings.

Moving the trolley into a special room on board the ship she would see other things aboard the ship, giant almost wood looking sharp sculptures, all mostly in the same shape, like tall mountain like positions. These ranged from six feet tall to some which got to ten feet tall with the top part broken off to be able to fit in the ship, what were these? The man in red, with the helmet still masking his identity unloaded the package in the special room. And locked the dolly on the wall, he was getting ready to take off in the next few minutes so he began his preflight check, making sure the valves were all tight and packages were all strapped down for take off. But he hadn't seen her yet, not yet but he soon would.
Continuing to watch the man unload the packages in the secret room, the girl noticed the giant wooden structures around the deck. What are those things. She wondered, diverting her attention from the man to the structures.They could be some kind of weapon, or they could just be wood and those boxes could be supplies. Her mind battled itself for control, not accepting either possibility. When she looked back towards the special room, the man was no longer there. Seeing that as her chance, the girl slowly moved towards the room with great care.

The crates seemed to be filled with giant electrical mines, not built for placing on the ground but for shooting, maybe at an enemy ship or a monster perhaps? But the one package, the big one in the secret room sat alone. Bigger then the rest, "hey," the officer had been spotted, "who the hell are you!" He pulled his sub-machine gun out and pointed it her way! He was also blocking the exit, so she could either venture into the medium small ship, run to then lock herself in the secret room, fight him, or reason with him.
Seeing how limited her options of escape were, the girl turned and faced the man with her hands up beside her face. Running deeper into the ship probably wasn't wise if the rest of the crew was below, and even with her extensive military training even she couldn't dodge bullets from the sub-machine gun he was holding. So that left reason with him or..... Quick as lightning, the girl bolted for the secret room.

"Hey," he called, "stop!" The ship was small and the cloaked man wasn't about to shoot his gun off in his own ship. He followed her across the ship with a slow jog but not before closing the hatch and typing in the security code. Unless she accessed the control panel she wouldn't be able to get off the ship. He followed her footstep through the rather small ship until she came to a dead end in the cock pit, he pointed the gun at her, "why are you on here?" He asked a bit annoyed with the intruder.
Trapped in the cockpit, the girl put her hands above her head once more and stared the cloaked man in the eye. She had a couple of guns on her, but none of them faster than a sub-machine gun. "I'm here doing my job." She spoke boldly, angling her body slightly to show the crest on the upper arm of her jacket. "Why are you shipping electrical mines out of the city?"

The man lowered his weapon and attached it at his side, "your a cop aren't you...." He sighed, "I hope this all doesn't get you in trouble, but you are kind of an idiot." The man pulled out his Celestial license, "names Edward Storm, I am I legally licensed celestial Hunter, ya know those giant space creatures that consume planets??" His license looks legit to you, "I've been waiting on my permit to but the Dark Matter Bomb you may have seen in my armory, it's the most powerful weapon in the Milkyway but it is the only thing to kill these creatures, and the electrical charges are to destroy the dark energy be fore it creates a black hole after the giant celestial has been killed..." He was rather sympathetic to her for not understanding. "Sorry if there was a miss understanding, if you don't trust me you are more then welcome to accompany me on a voyage if I can see a badge of some sort..." He was prodding her to make sure she wasn't a thug trying to steal the devastating weapon.
The girl lowered her arms to her sides once the man, Edward, put his gun away. Glancing at his license, she confirmed it was real and not a fake. It was usually really easy to tell the fakes from the real ones, the color was usually off a bit and the fakes didn't have the almost invisible star in the lower left corner.

She listened to his explanation, one that was far too put together to be fake, and her suspicions dwindled. "Ok, I believe you." She nodded her head at him. "Sorry for any inconveniences, it's my job to go after any suspicious figures running around. And no offence, but you looked really suspicious." The girl smiled a bit to show she was being friendly. Sticking out her hand, she finally introduced herself. "Major Elizabeth Monroe at your service."

The man's face couldn't be seen but his tone lightened almost as if he was smiling under the helmet. "All good officer, if you are indeed at my service I could use assistance on a job coming up and with the influx in banditry and piracy hiring has gotten difficult." He held out his hand to shake hers, "you you ever get bored of patrols, I could use an extra pair of hands on my ship."
Thinking for a couple minutes, Liz considered his offer. The city life was getting a little boring around this time, the crime rates at an all time low. Surely they could go a white without her. Finally coming to a conclusion, Liz accepted. "I think I could go for some time out of the city." She smiled, adjusting the ends of her sleeves.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Cryoganal: Our New Home

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus