Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Hi. I'm Emma!

Emma

I've been on RPR for a while but I thought I would finally introduce myself.

I live in northern Michigan and am most active during Winter. However, I do a lot of services via the web, so I'm on it daily for those purposes.

My hobbies include drawing, farming, gardening, beekeeping, retro and PC gaming, and listening to (what I consider) good music such as vaporwave, chill trap, idm, experimental, and other nontraditional bleep bloop music. I also like prog and acid rock and stuff like that.

Oh yeah, I do RP but I'm not currently active enough to devote my time to something other than casual character interactions. I'm hoping to one day develop a more active continuity with some friends.

I love making new friends based on interests and I always have a lot to say when I'm around!
Sanne Moderator

Hey Emma, welcome to the forums! :) Glad you've decided to introduce yourself.

That's an impressive list of hobbies. Beekeeping? I really, really love bees! Can you tell a bit more about that hobby? I'm really curious!
"Winter is coming." ^_^ Welcome to the site :) You said you like PC gaming :O what kind of games you like and do you have a steam account or something?
Gingerchabi22

heyo welcome to the site emma hope you get used to thing quickly around here everyone super kind here so yer good luck
Kim Site Admin

Wow, what a cool intro and unexpected list of hobbies. I totally understand about the lack of time to do as much RPR as you'd like in an ideal world.

Welcome, and please don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions! :D
EpicMan561

Lucky you. You must never be bored. XD Hi, my name's Apollo. On the subject of continuities, I'll be glad to help in any way I can. Hope you have a wonderful time here!
Ben Moderator

BEEKEEPING? That's awesome! My mom's newish boyfriend keeps bees, makes his own honey. It's delicious. :3

Welcome to the site, if you've got any questions at all, let me know!
Asroc

Howdy Yo!
Welcome, Emma!
Welcome to RPR (forums!) I love bees too, I wish I knew how to set up an apiary XD
HibariHaru

Hello there, Emz! It's nice to have you here. Welcome to RPR. :)
Emma Topic Starter

Thank you all so much for the warm welcomes! <3 ;w; It's great to know there's so many of you out there who are so nice.

To those curious about the beekeeping: It is a wonderful hobby. I've always had a huge affinity for insects/arachnids/crawly things. My boyfriend and I started getting interested when we found out his uncle was keeping bees. We went to check them out, and from there we fell in love, and it's just a great way to help these insects in one of the most mandatory times in history to do so.

We currently have 2 hives of our own which are expanding like wildfire! We feed them every couple of weeks to keep them strong and healthy, but the first year it's not really possible to harvest honey. In time, though, as long as they survive in the Winter, we will be able to get a harvest of honey and beeswax.

My boyfriend's also interested in breeding queens. While it requires making a "hopelessly queenless" hive to do this, it in turn makes it incredibly easy to split hives (1 hive becomes 2-3 hives) simply by giving a box some honey, some brood, and a new queen. And since the hopelessly queenless hive can be frantic, they make mistakes, so the queens we know wouldn't hatch we could harvest royal jelly from.

There is a lot of giving and taking when it comes to bees, but that's why it's such a symbiotic relationship with humans. We can force them to expand or produce more, but we are also giving them a safe home and a lot of food and pollen with clean, virgin wildflowers.

And to those who are curious about it, my boyfriend's only been stung once in the last 3 years. :3 They are so docile and tame, but having a suit and a smoker helps!

For those wondering about games: Lately I haven't had time for much, but I've been into Heroes of the Storm lately, and other similar games like Dota 2 and League of Legends. I also like Skyrim, Tales of Maj'Eyal, FTL, and yeah pretty much Steam games. :D For the retro half, NES-N64, PS1-PS2, the usual classics like Mario, Zelda, Star Fox, and Harvest Moon. Earthbound is my favorite game of all time. <3
Kim Site Admin

Wow, thank you so much for all those details. That was fascinating!
Hi Emma! It's nice to meet a "new" face. I've never seen you around, but I feel like I should! I hope to see you around much more in the winter like you say, and maybe even start a little something something if you know what I mean? (Sorry, that sounded like a funny way to say play! XD And I only meant a play, not anything else >.<)

Welcome to RPR, even though you've been around for awhile :3
Nice to meet you, Emma! I'm going to have to listen to vaporwave sometime, it sounds really interesting. Personally, I'm into hardstyle. Also, what kind of stuff do you draw? I'd love to see some of your art!

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Hi. I'm Emma!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus