Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Have you ever met your double?

SO last night I had a girlfriend over for drinks (something we do once every month or so) and girls night. She got telling me about this new guy she was seeing (whatever that's not directly related to this) and she says "Oh my frigging god Niki. His ex is like a copy of you, ten years old but like your frigging twin." Me being curious and never having seen someone who looks like I do, when she asked if I wanted to see I said sure, through the magic of facebook, she brought up a pic of this girl (her name is Nika,<.<) and it was actually very scary....it was like looking at picture of myself! It really weirded me out.

So my question is have any of you encountered your doppelganger? Did it make you feel as weird as it made me feel?
Yep. Met my doppleganger. Not no see him via Facebook crap either. Scary thing is my doppleganger is my dad. I'm serious. People see me and him together and one of the first things they say is if I was a few years older or him a few years younger they would think we're twins. If I find these pics of me and him both in our military uniforms, you'll see. Cause my grandma put those two particular pictures beside each other just to show how much alike we look.
Pineapple Topic Starter

heh, okay I can agree with that, XD there's a pic of you n your dad on fb (I think your sis put it up) but any way you were a baby in this pic and you dad looks just like you do now in that pic
This is my doppelganger:
gary_busey.jpeg
Minerva

Nope, but i met my dad's. That or it really was my dad and me being so dumbstruck i didnt call out. It was when i just realized i was pregnant. I was holding the valentines flowers derek got to cheer me up since i was freaking out, and clutching them for my life. The previous november i had to move abruptly across the nation, leaving everything i knew behind. It had been just me and my mom since i was 12. Tired, i sat down at walmart and waited for derek to check out, staring at my flowers and trying not to cry. I had glanced down from a man who reminded me of my dad, even how he dressed and trimmed his beard. Looking back up, he stood in front of me and stared as if in recognition. we stared for a solid minute while he turned and walked off. even if my dad was an ass who stabbed me as a child, i regret not asking for sure, especially now that my mom died. I'll never know if it was him or if i happened to resemble his daughter too...
Nope, the world is not ready to handle two of me =P
Pineapple Topic Starter

Bonebag wrote:
This is my doppelganger:
gary_busey.jpeg

You're a crazy old guy? :D >.> who acts on the side XD
minerva wrote:
Nope, but i met my dad's. That or it really was my dad and me being so dumbstruck i didnt call out. It was when i just realized i was pregnant. I was holding the valentines flowers derek got to cheer me up since i was freaking out, and clutching them for my life. The previous november i had to move abruptly across the nation, leaving everything i knew behind. It had been just me and my mom since i was 12. Tired, i sat down at walmart and waited for derek to check out, staring at my flowers and trying not to cry. I had glanced down from a man who reminded me of my dad, even how he dressed and trimmed his beard. Looking back up, he stood in front of me and stared as if in recognition. we stared for a solid minute while he turned and walked off. even if my dad was an ass who stabbed me as a child, i regret not asking for sure, especially now that my mom died. I'll never know if it was him or if i happened to resemble his daughter too...

that's a very intense moment...I really don't know how other than intense to describe it. Your emotions were already discombobulated from coming to terms with impending mother hood, then to have that happen. Holy cow.

I've seen doubles of people I know, just never another me.
silver_wolf98 wrote:
nope the world is not ready to handle another me

I thought so too lol beware
Not my own, but we had a friend who died of a heart attack last year who looked almost exactly like Tommy Lee Jones. Uncannily so. And his name? Tommy Lee Nelson. I kid ye not. He was mistaken for the actor countless times to the point where he simply ran with it-- my dad even got my grandmother and aunt to believe WE were friends with 'Tommy Lee'. Political groups wanted his support during cruises, organizations, random people who thought they were getting hugs, handshakes, and autographs of Mr. Jones himself... makes me tear up a lil' whenever I see a commercial with him in it. RIP, Mr. Nelson.

Still, talk about parallel universes and lives, huh?

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Have you ever met your double?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus