Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Graphic Artist Needed

Hey guys!

I am currently putting together a group of talented and creative people to make a long standing dream a reality (finally).

We are currently working on building a site worthy of the name The Mystic Tavern (an RPG that myself and hundreds others have played for over fifteen years. :D )

We are seeking at least one (but preferrably more than one) Talented graphic artist to help us with our overall design, as well as buttons, banners, sigs, avatars, characters and backgrounds.

Currently, this will be an unpaid position until we can see if your work will fit with our general vision. However, we plan on becoming an incorporated buisness and this will become a paid position in the near future.

If you are interested in finding out more, please let me know :D

( And if you would like to be involved, please provide links to your work? )
Cheers!
~Eb
Minerva

I may be able to help but my availability is low so it might take time to get you the actual results. In regards to design my old sites are mostly down but you can see my use of colors at nexxushost.com/rpgclient/szurane and log in. Buttons and banners are easy affairs ( www.nexxushost.com/szurane/wolf and /szurane/brotherhood). My art is visible in my profiles. Characters ash, and luci, have a good deal of my work. In the very least i am willing to help, especially as an old mter myself.
EbonySnow Topic Starter

Minerva wrote:
I may be able to help but my availability is low so it might take time to get you the actual results. In regards to design my old sites are mostly down but you can see my use of colors at nexxushost.com/rpgclient/szurane and log in. Buttons and banners are easy affairs ( www.nexxushost.com/szurane/wolf and /szurane/brotherhood). My art is visible in my profiles. Characters ash, and luci, have a good deal of my work. In the very least i am willing to help, especially as an old mter myself.

Ohhh Im excited to have you on board.

I guess the first thing would be banners and buttons for advertising. Thats the most important thing we need and the most urgent.
Minerva

Well, what are you looking for in them?
EbonySnow Topic Starter

An old looking sign.. that reads the Mystic Tavern in ancient script would be a good start. :D
Minerva

i can work on that. what dimensions do you want it to be? Also is there any style of script you can give me as a reference? I will hand draw a few, see which you like and then digitally work on it. It will take at least a week. If you can get one you like sooner than that, i would suggest it for you guys. Also button style, similar font i imagine? Solid background color? Something that looks rounded and pops out? Edged?
EbonySnow Topic Starter

See you have already confused me.. LOL Im hopeless with dimensions.. I want it basically to double up as the banner of the site but also our button that we leave at affliate sites to advertise.. so whatever dimensions that needs... :/
You could always get your colors for the website hashed out first, before you do anything else. Also, I'd just have a separate banner and site button, makes things easier.

Remember, baby steps ;D.
Minerva

What the googly eyed pony said. Although i did figure on sign designs on the buttons, the kinda hanging thing you see outside of ye olde shoppe. Still a reference would be nice. rough out something in paint maybe. Make a whole screen and dump a primary background color into it even if you intend for a wallpaper then arrange your boxes for text, slap a banner as a blank white square at the top so i can get a rough estimate. What i am curious about is how you intend to turn it into a business. Even rpr, with its thousands of users, epic memberships and ways to chip in is just now starting to break even. I dont want to crush any dreams or anything but you need to compute future server costs vs potential income. An invisionfree forum may be a good place for you to start -- free, relatively flexible, good admin options.
I have a full version of the Adobe Design Suite. Which... realistically, I could make OJ Simpson look innocent with. Though, on a negative, I have minimal time to commit, and I haven't played around with Photoshop since 6.0 was out... roughly 7 years ago. Lord, has it been that long? My time does fly.

But anyway, I could use some sort of project to tinker on, if you guys need a hand or anything.
EbonySnow Topic Starter

Minerva wrote:
What the googly eyed pony said. Although i did figure on sign designs on the buttons, the kinda hanging thing you see outside of ye olde shoppe. Still a reference would be nice. rough out something in paint maybe. Make a whole screen and dump a primary background color into it even if you intend for a wallpaper then arrange your boxes for text, slap a banner as a blank white square at the top so i can get a rough estimate. What i am curious about is how you intend to turn it into a business. Even rpr, with its thousands of users, epic memberships and ways to chip in is just now starting to break even. I dont want to crush any dreams or anything but you need to compute future server costs vs potential income. An invisionfree forum may be a good place for you to start -- free, relatively flexible, good admin options.

Yes this is the kind of advice and suggestions we need. *grins*

Our ideas page

Anyone interested, please come along and join the fun. :D

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Graphic Artist Needed

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus