Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Insert typical topic title here

TheLordCommander

Hello there!

My name is TheLordCommander, and I am a Swedish little lad from the southern parts of the permafrost. The land of which I herald is one who's held great history, and ancient strength, but it is no question that vikings yet remain.

Uhhh... But I'm not one of them, I guess.

Yeah, welp, that epic intro was cut dangerously short by the lack of any sort of awebreaking superpowers, or so on, in my possession. But, that doesn't matter in the least, what so ever. I'm quite honestly just dragging out time so that the introduction will look longer, and thus, more impressie.

Whilst I am a firm believer in quality over quantity, size does still matter. I mean, when I was to Malmö (largest city of my region), I was impressed by the skyscraper Turning Torso, not really because it was unique, but because it was a billion times taller than any other building. Since then, that feeling has stuck to my brain, and I prefer to write quality and quantity. I mean, why not both, right?

So, yeah. I am a dull, normal Swedish university student studying astrophysics. However, I am a man of knowledge about pretty much anything. This is probably the reactionary effect after the fact that I had a rather boring childhood, and thus, I took to books. That's probably the only problem of being a lone child. But it was fun, and I do not regret any of it. If I came from such a childhood smart as a supercomputer, then I have no reason to complain, lol.

Whilst I might seem arrogant, I can assure you that is not the case. I'm simply aware of my, well, uniqueness, per say. The most interesting topic I've found to study is probably psychology, and thus I tend to insert myself into conversations due to basic studying. That might be the cause of why I appear to be different from whom I've displayed myself as.

I also suffer from a multitude of problems, one of them, and the only one I will publicize, is insomnia.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination" - Albert Einstein.

Thank you, TheLordCommander.
EpicMan561

Hi there! Welcome to RPR! Great to have you.
Sanne Moderator

Welcome to RPR! Is stargazing part of what you like to RP about, too? :) What sort of things do you enjoy to write about?
Kim Site Admin

Welcome, from one person with a bookish childhood to another. :) I have known many people who aspired to astrophysics, but turned aside due to family mutterings of "practicality." Some remain very noticeably bitter to this day. So I want to say I think your course of study is admirable and wonderful! :)
Welcome to RPR! I too am an only child, and love to read books. Everyone here is super friendly so I'm sure you'll find some awesome new RP friends in no time! :D
Ben Moderator

Oooh astrophysics. That sounds fascinating. And complicated. I hope you find some like-minded folk here, in fact, I'm sure you will. If you've got any questions, toss me a PM. :)
Astrophysics... psychology... bookish childhood... Vikings... we will probably get along just fine :)
But seriously, welcome to RPR! I love that intro, and your icon is well-done too.
Also coming from Sweden you probably get asked about PewDiePie a lot...
HibariHaru

Hi there, welcome to RPR! :)
TheLordCommander Topic Starter

The urge to write a novel in response is high... I won't, though.

To start it off, thank you all for your responses. It's nice to recieve such a grand and warm welcoming, especially from such a wide range of members (Site admin, Moderators, and normal members). Second off, I will address all of your questions in order.

@EpicMan561: Yeah, it's good to be here!

@Sanne: I do love and adore stargazing, it's amongst the few things I can do to kill time whilst my insomnia is prohibiting my sleep, or I wake up from some scurryyy dreams. However, I've never witnessed a roleplay along the lines, but I guess I'd be up for it if anyone were to somehow implement it into a roleplay (I don't know how that'd work, though).

@Kim: Why thank you. However, I wouldn't call what I do admirable, since I'm simply doing what I've been wanting to do, I guess your words won't be hurting me in any way, though, so once more, thank you. :D Whilst I do believe it to be sad that your acquaintances aren't capable of following their desired career paths, I'm sadly not able to do much about it. However, I will do my best to work my way there, and, well, if I were to be as snarky as to say that I'm almost guaranteed good grades, then I'd say it. XD

@Loki: Yeah, many thanks! Books are very good, lol.

@Ben: I'll be sure to, and astrophysics is pretty hardcore, and pretty amusing (if not stunning).

@brilziana: Lol, yeah. I really wish I didn't, though. xD

@HibaruHaru: Thank you :)
Welcome to RPR, TheLordCommander!
What type of books did/do you enjoy the most? 'v'
TheLordCommander Topic Starter

I wrote a huge reply, but then my browser crashed. Now I'm disheartened and I want to cry. Anyway, I enjoy Nietzsche, Virgil, Dante, Sun Tzu, Confucius, Tolkien, Warhammer Authors, and many more. My reply was originally 400 words. :(
Sanne Moderator

TheLordCommander wrote:
I wrote a huge reply, but then my browser crashed. Now I'm disheartened and I want to cry. Anyway, I enjoy Nietzsche, Virgil, Dante, Sun Tzu, Confucius, Tolkien, Warhammer Authors, and many more. My reply was originally 400 words. :(

Yuck! I hate it when my browser does that. I actually installed an extension for Chrome that saves what I write in textboxes as I write it, so even if my browser crashes (or I lose power) it's still saved and I can get it back. Saved myself some big posts that way! The extension is called "Lazarus", I recommend you check it out. :)
TheLordCommander wrote:
@Sanne: I do love and adore stargazing, it's amongst the few things I can do to kill time whilst my insomnia is prohibiting my sleep, or I wake up from some scurryyy dreams. However, I've never witnessed a roleplay along the lines, but I guess I'd be up for it if anyone were to somehow implement it into a roleplay (I don't know how that'd work, though).

I was thinking along the lines of a character sharing that hobby with you and it being a focal point around his or her development. :) It could even inspire a Sci-Fi RP with space travel! (That's where I'd take an RP/character at least.)
Kim Site Admin

TheLordCommander wrote:

I'm so sorry to hear that! D:

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Insert typical topic title here

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus