Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » Translation Fails

So I don't know about you guys but I love watching Google Translate fail! Here's the game (I hope you guys like it): The person above you will have a quote. Choose three languages on Google Translate and translate the phrase through all of them, then back to English. Next you will grab the book closest to you, turn to page 43, and go to line seven. Post whatever sentence starts on that line as your quote. Or just look up a quote :3
Yee, that was a lot. I'll start, with a quote from *grabs book* Revived by cat patrick: "They take tissue and hair samples to review in the lab; even when my throat is fine, they do a culture."
English to Latin: "Capiunt TEXTUS et capilli samples percensere in Lab; bene quidem faucibus faciunt cultura"
Latin to Japanese: "彼らは実験室でそれらを列挙するために、組織及び毛髪サンプルを取ります。よく咽頭培養を行います"
Japanese to Javanese: "Lagi enumerate mau ing laboratorium, iku njupuk conto tissue lan rambute. Iku bakal kerep nindakake budaya tenggorokan"
Javanese to English: "They enumerate them in the lab, it took tissue and hair samples. It will often do throat culture"
My quote for you is from *grabs another book* Dragons of the Highlord Skies by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman: "She found the wizened old man who was the owner perched upon his stool behind the counter." (It was longer but I cut it off because it was so long ^^;)
English to Chinese: 她發現乾瘦老頭是誰在他的櫃檯後面凳子棲息的主人.

Chinese to Bulgarian: Тя установи, че кльощав старец, който е в столчето си зад собственика контра местообитание.

Bulgarian to Czech: Bylo zjištěno, že hubený starý muž , který je ve své stolici za majitele counter prostředí.

Czech to English: It was found that skinny old man , who is in his stool behind the counter owners environment.

Quote to translate: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow... Fire!"

From The Wonderful 101.
English to German:
"Final Ultimative Legendäre Erde Strom Super Max Justice Zukunft Miracle Traum Schöne Galaxy Big Bang Bang Kleine Sonnenaufgang Starlight Infinite Fabulous Völlig Schluss Wunderbare Pfeil ... Feuer!"

German to Greek:
"Τελικός Ultimate θρυλικός γη τρέχουσα Supermax Δικαιοσύνης μέλλον Θαύμα Dream Όμορφη Galaxy Big Bang Bang Μικρές Sunrise Starlight Άπειρο Fabulous Πλήρως κλείσιμο Υπέροχες βέλος ... φωτιά!"

Greek to Spanish:

Ultimate Final de la tierra legendaria actual Justicia Supermax futuro Milagro Grande ideal Galaxy Hermosa Bang Bang Pequeño Amanecer Starlight Infinito Fabuloso cierre totalmente maravilloso flecha ... fuego!"

Spanish to Latin:
Ultima fabuloso ultimum terra current Justice Supermax future perfect galaxia Big Bang Miracle Speciosam Aurora Starlight Small Bang Fabulous Infinitate telum close totaliter .. mirabili!"

Latin to English:

"The last run of the last legendary Justice Supermax future perfect galaxy Beautiful Dawn Starlight Small Miracle Big Bang Bang Fabulous Infinity weapon close completely wonderful ..!"

Next quote:
"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to."
>.>

<.<

Novalyyn wrote:
>.>

<.<

I've watched a few of those, their hilarious! xD
Arianrhod

Modern humans (Homo sapiens, primarily ssp. Homo sapiens sapiens) are the only extant members of Hominina clade (or human clade), a branch of the taxonomical tribe Hominini belonging to the family of great apes. They are characterized by erect posture and bipedal locomotion, manual dexterity and increased tool use, and a general trend toward larger, more complex brains and societies. (Wikipedia) -> (put through all options on google then back to English creates......)

Modern man (Homo, especially slsp. Homo sapiens) type (or category), with the great apes subfamili only remaining members of the genealogy of the human race is a race vakaippattunilai. Tours, agility, and improve the use of equipment built to stand up straight, the wider community, all the design experience in the complexities of the brain. [3] [4]

Also: this
Clearance is usually marked every other month or so, with additional marks in between. Clearance at Kohl’s is based on quantity of the item, and can vary by color. So let’s say a shirt comes in both blue and red, but there are 25 blues vs 10 reds. The blue would go to 70/80% off while the red would go to 60 off%. Typically, everything starts at 60%, and the lowest it will ever go is 90% off. Also, most clothing items will be labeled as “Limited Quantity” before going clearance at 55-60% off. Also keep in mind, unlike many stores, Kohl’s coupon will work on clearance items unless an item is considered “Prestige”, but that typically applies only to beauty products.

(After Chinese > Japanese > Korean > English)

Intervals are usually displayed in a month. There is a mark between them. It is based on the number of currency clearance items and may vary depending on the color. So suppose your shirt looks blue and red, but blue is 25 and red is 10. Blue falls to 70/80% and red falls to 60%. In general, everything starts at 60% and is at least 90%. Also, most apparel is marked "Limited" before the 55-60% discount. Also, unlike many stores, Cole coupons apply to canceled items unless a single item is considered "reputation", but generally only for cosmetic products.

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » Translation Fails

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus