Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Michael Moves In

Elsie (played by Loki) Topic Starter

Elsie nodded, "Yes, things are still running smoothly." She took her job seriously, at least Drae knew that much. "How was Egypt?" She's still cooking, but she can hear the motorcycle which means she knows that Rafe is home. BeeDee stands up and goes over to sniff him, but Yodel is too excited with his Dad being there to care. He saw Rafe lots! He never got to see Drae. Steven had put Rosie back in her playpen, which had been pushed into the kitchen while Elsie was cooking, and he was busy setting the table.

"Hey. Glad you made it home for dinner." Elsie'd give him a little smile, "Yes, he just arrived a little while ago, he's upstairs getting his things put away." Rosie squealed when she saw Rafe, and she lifted her arms, making grabby hands, "Dada! Dada!"

Elsie'd glance back at Draeval, "You're more than welcome to stay for dinner, I believe you met Michael at the wedding?" She was pretty sure Draeval had been there, hopefully she wasn't imagining things.
Raphael Emmerich (played by Minerva)

"Yeah. That's mostly due to Stacey. Poor woman's gonna drown herself in my work... but I guess she just needs something to focus on. I told her to go home... and she called Brian." He furrowed his brows, but decided to pass on thinking about that more. But something more important came to attention anyway! He approached the pen with far more gusto than he'd entered the room with, hooking a hand under either armpit of the baby's and giving her a hoist. "Hey, babygirl. It's almost your birthday, isn't it? We should figure out something good to do. ...Think she's too little for Disneyworld?" He queried passively, looking over his shoulder to Elsie while taking to holding the child in one strong arm.

"Mike need any help getting settled in?"

"Ah." Elsie didn't really comment on Rafe's business or his business partners, so he shouldn't be surprised. "Probably, she's still pretty little. I was thinking of having a birthday party with our friends." But if Rafe didn't want to do that, he was free to come up with more suggestions. "Steven was helping him, but then I needed him to set the table. You can go up and check if you'd like, dinner won't be ready for a bit. I'm sure he'd like to see a familiar face." Well, he was at least a bit more familiar with Rafe than he was with Elsie or Steven.

Rosie seemed happy when Rafe picked her up, and she wrapped her arms around his neck, babbling at him in mostly baby talk.
Draeval (played by Rubix)

Dreaval offered a smile, "Ya run a goo z'ip Elzie, I'm glad ya took da job. Can't tink ub anyone more capable den ya ub dealin wit me." When she asked about Egypt he seemed a little sad, "I waz locked in da pazt far a few mont'z. It waz drainin but bery intereztin. Got back rite afta Chriztmaz." He still offered attention to his son but he hadn't spoken to Els in a long time do he was offering her as much attention as he was able to.

Rafe arrived which caused all sorts of happy chaos, Rosie made him smile though. "Z'e'z talkin already! Datz awezum! Ya been workin wit 'er lotz?"

Rafe earned a soft smile. "'ey yarzelf, good ta zee ya out ub da drainz." Just a little teasing, Drae did know what Rafe "did" for a living after all.

When he's invited for dinner he perks up, "Ya zure?" They did have company but he did look awfully excited. "I tink zo...kinda artzy fartzy, like Aza but not rite?"
He's simple minded don't worry, silly wolf at least was using his brain!

Rafe was pretty clueless over the trapped in Egypt taught, and figured the world would stay a lot simpler if he kept it that way. Glancing between the two as they talked, he settled down the kidlet in the playpen. "Yeah, when I can. ...Honestly, I kinda miss the drains. The world was a lot easier when the biggest problem I had to worry about was a clogged pipe." Big business isn't exactly his thing. The vigilante business... could probably be taken either way with that statement. Still, he'd freed his hands at Elsie's offer: "Yeah, I'll go check in on him." He flashed a flippant gesture, something like a lazy peace sign, before claiming his earlier cracked open can and heading for the winding stairs.

It wasn't as if they were on any shortage for space. The five room - six, if you count the guest/den - affair was prepared for a large family--even if he was already contemplating where additions were due, if Elsie had her way. They'd discussed the flock of kids planned, and... he clearly had that in mind with the otherwise empty rooms.

First floor: http://i44.tinypic.com/9749x3.png

Second floor: http://i42.tinypic.com/qqpmoz.png

--For a good idea of the rough layout, barring any furniture changes the wifey has opted to make with time, or general layout.

Regardless, he gave a knock at Michael's door, regardless of open or shut. Leaning outside was what probably seemed uncharacteristic of the eldest brother; his typical lazy workman's style was still part of his regular repetoire when he'd visited Michael and their mother before. Instead, a too-casually worn, if otherwise traditional, black suit, white collar and black tie was part of him, as well as a trim to his hair he wasn't fond of, even if Stacey insisted it did much to make him look more professional. Given, it wasn't that much--just enough for it to be swept back into styled spikes rather than being tossed every direction. It was still doing its damndest to. No hair gel or styling was going to help him when he road that cycle home. "Hey. Need any help getting settled in, man?"
Michael (played by Aces)

Michael had just finished settling himself in, at that point. Rather, he'd gotten everything unpacked that he planned to unpack right away, leaving the rest to sit in the corner for the time being while he looked over the room. It wasn't home, but it seemed comfy enough, and he figured he'd get used to it. Elsie seemed nice enough, and even if Michael wasn't so sure he'd be great around kids, those didn't seem too bad either. So he was in a pretty good mood when he heard a knock at the door. It was open, and he'd look up to spot his brother leaning outside the frame.
"Nah, I think I've got everything for now." He grinned. "But thanks." When was the last time they'd seen each other? The wedding? "Been working?" Not that he needs an answer. But he'd make some effort towards smalltalk, since he was planning on staying here, after all. Though I'll hazard a guess and say he knows nothing about what Rafe actually does, so he's probably imagining something boring that involves more paperwork than he'd like.

"Eh. If you can call it work. I tend to prefer being in the grit with the guys. But Stacey set up some... Business... thing. Investors and a white collar day. It's more exhausting than hauling planks and pipes myself." he admitted with nervous grin, maintaining his lean against the doorpost. He belatedly checked his watch. "What time is it, anyway?" he'd lost track of time staring at a whiteboard. "Know if Els has anything planned for dinner tonight, or are we free to do something for your first night? ...I probably should have asked, er..."
Michael (played by Aces)

Michael shrugged. Was there a clock in here? Probably, but he wasn't used to looking at it yet. He probably still had his own stowed away in some suitcase, along with his phone, but he'd deal with the rest of the unpacking as he needed things. "She was cooking downstairs. Probably some kind of pasta." Whatever Mom told her to make. He wasn't complaining. Everything had been pretty good for him so far, in the short space of time he'd been here.

Rafe's options in conversation were growing thin, retiring to a simple, "I like pasta." after a few moments of silence. The room and its guest lacked energy, and their chemistry wasnt quite 'family' yet. Worse, considering michael's age, he didn't figure he could try to break the ice with comics and such like he had with steven. "Well, uhh... Come down when you're set. We can make plans on showing you around town. I'ma go talk to Els." and with that he pushed off the door, tossing aise the restrictions of the white collar day by the bottom of the stairs and leaving him back in the kitchen with a loosened dress shirt and unremarkable slacks.

Elsie seemed surprised when Drae said he was stuck in the past for a few months. "Oh...that must have been rough." Rosie fussed some when Rafe put her down, but by then Steven was back from setting the table, and he started playing with her. He seemed to genuinely like his little sister, but he had spent most of his life around lots of kids.

Elsie was still cooking, and talking to Drae, "Well after all that it'll be nice to have a home cooked meal right? Ah, we both have. She's learning pretty quick though. She's gonna be smart." Every parent bragged about their kids, hopefully he'd let her be. "And of course I'm sure you can stay for dinner." It was rare that she got to cook for so many people at once, and she was enjoying it. "Yes...though I doubt he'd appreciate being called artsy fartsy Drae...but he is an artist. He'll be here for school." She'd bite her lip, "Did I say that already?"

Around then is when Rafe came back downstairs and Elsie turned to look at him, "Michael all unpacked?" Steven would look up when Rafe came back down too, "Hi Rafe." He'd been in the other room setting the table when Rafe had initially come home.
Draeval (played by Rubix)

Drae nodded a bit, 'It waz more den a lil drainin. Wazn't zure I'd 'abe da juice ta get 'ome. Actually 'ad ta 'itc' a ride wit zumone elze becauze I waz a bit ta weak ta da it on mai own.' He shrugged it off though, he wasn't that passive with it but he kept trying to reassure himself about it. Drae took a moment to watch the kids and smile, 'Yar good wit 'er Zteben.'

It was kind of neat to see actually. His attention turned back to Els though and he grinned, 'Yez...bery nice. Pluz iz been agez zince I'be 'ad yar deliciouz cookin, I feel pribleged.' He grinned about Rosa, 'Welp, z'e'z got a wonderful mom an big brudder! Ub courze z'e'z gonna be zmart.' He was grinning from ear to ear, he just couldn't help it. He liked babies for some reason.

Bit his lip, 'Iz artzy fartzy mean?' Els he needs a little help with that. 'Datz cool doug', ya tink 'e likez zc'ool? It alwayz zoundz good.' Well, he hadn't gone to any school of course. He looked up to Rafe when he came in and gave him another smile before turning back to Els.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Michael Moves In

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus