Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Belly of the Beast (PM to join, one slot left.)

Lord Arken (played anonymously)

Over a thousand years ago as the age of Steam and Gears was coming to an end a group of refugees desended from the heavens. This new race known as Lizarians greeted the humans, elves, dwarves, and Orcish people with kindness and opened the door into true technology. Tech that not even only the wisest Dwarvish craftsmen had dreamed of! Technology that gave way to s new age and a New World!

There was a catch though, this race of people shared the knowledge about why they left their own world... A creature that devours planets known as Celestials! They look like giant serpentesk Dragons traveling through space and millions of years ago there were many, just like there were many planets that sustained life... But the Lizarians of over a thousand years ago warned of one last Celestial that devoured their planet and would one day come for Old Earth, and what is now New World... But as centuries past that threat faded into myth... Until one day, First rain of spring in the year 3015 a shape blotted out the sun and the warm humid winds of the Celestials breath blew twisters across the face of new world...

That is where we now find our heroes, Etharon specificly looks up as the mouth engulfed the entire planet and the jaws closed around us all... "So this is how the Earth goes out... As dinner for a giant space beast." Over the next few hours the government scrambled to launch out atosphereic force fields to try and keep as much of the Celestial's deadly stench out of our world as possible, along with deadly, otherworldly diseases. It was only a matter of time before the "Atmo-Guard" was destroyed. And the world panicked as no heroes rose with any sort of solution. This is where we find Etharon, him and his partner had an idea and they were about to pitch this idea to the Council of New World Protection.....
It was chaos. Everybody and Everything, scattering like ants as the scrambled to retrieve what they deemed was their "prized possessions" before scurrying off to find love ones or watching in horror as their world was torn asunder. Chaos, utter disarray and horror and yet the female Eoclu saw nothing of this. Her usual, observant bright lavender eyes, were closed as her lips moved in a silent pray to her Gods. Even if they were on a urgent mission, speaking with the Gods would help ease the worry and unease from this task.

Nirix eyes suddenly fluttered open, her gaze taking up the figure of her now...partner. The word was an unfamiliar term with her that she would now have to get use to. Being an assassin, and now the official ambassador for the royal family of Sandioh (the jungle homeworld of her people), Nirix wasn't use to begin around others unless she was ending their lives. Although, Nirix had known the reptilian creature for years now and he normally respected her silent individual persona. It didn't matter too much that she didn't bother to make conversation that often. But nonetheless, hopefully this brief partnership would be effective.

After all, saving a dying world would no doubt bring forgiveness for the sins of taking another's life.

But atonement would have to wait, as there were obviously more pressing matters to be held. Empress Faeesnea had offered her help to saving the dying world and another plan had formulated along the way with Nirix's partner in tow. They would either be heroes to this world or watch as the Coup de grace was dealt to it
Lord Arken (played anonymously) Topic Starter

Etharon offered a hand to help his partner up, he had known her for nearly four years now. An assassin from off world that he met After his father had passed away, "Here we go..." Walking into the Capital Building in Washton City the council of Congress was discussing all the problems that New World was facing. One council member was concerned about the sudden out break of off world diseases that our people had begun to be diagnosed with since entering this giant monster! Another congress official was talking about how the Atmo-Guard was a thrown together piece of junk that needs new parts to be fixed and improved if we intend to not be crushed on our way down the monsters esophagus. The last one talked about the new breed of monsters falling from our skies and consuming our technology and our buildings, giant Antibody worms clearing away everything not natural from our planet so the Celestial could better digest us...

"Excuse me..?" Etharon said, "hello?!?!?!" The crowd of men stopped their yelling, and almost all at once Etharon and Nirix had the council's attention. "Nearly six hundred and forty years ago an eleven scientist by the name of Lemis O'Bar theorized that if the Celestial that destroyed Lizariah came here we would have twelve hours warning before it swallowed us, so he started construction on the Atmo-Guard, this man was highly respected and went down in Science history."

Etharon dropped the file on the ground, pulling out another almost as if he had practiced this speech, "three hundred sixty years ago a scientist by the name of Theodor Pierce, half man half Dwarf came up with the idea of the Analytic Blaster, it sends out a blast of electricity to anylize you enemies weakness, this was called genius and he was praised. Not only could this be used on enemies, but in concentrated doses, a liquid form taken in injection could identify disease weaknesses and because of this weapon and tool we cured cancer, aids, and Liz'Ar Pocks..."

Etharon dropped the folder, "two hundred years ago one Doctor Twenty Three, a recently repaired Droid in the Scrap Metal Saves Lives Bill that you all passed, comes up with a theory." The doors open once more and a droid walks through the door, "Doctor Twenty Three's theory was that should we ever be eaten by a Celestial, it doesn't matter how we deal with diseases or what kind of force feild we use, if we make it to the seven stomach's of the Celestial we won't have enough energy to make it past the first one, MAYBE TWO Stomachs..." The council began to quietly murmur, some asking what we should do just sit here and die? Some saying that if the monsters throat muscles weren't so tight we could have fleets of ships attempt to fly the planet out. But the President of New World cleared his throat and everyone was quiet again, How long do we have according to the Droid?

Dropping the last of the folders he had gotten from the Droid behind him, "it's not about how long we have, it's about how we use the time. We have to send a crew of suicide adventurers up into the Celestial, head toward's it's brain, plant explosives and kill the monster so that the muscles will untighten and we can float out..." But who would we send to their deaths in the body of the World Eatter??
"Right this way Doctor." Said a government official as he lead a Droid out of the Hover-limo and up the steps to the Capital Building. Twenty-Three's head practically spun on his neck joint as he marveled at the buildings around him, he had never been to the capital before, he had only seen pictures and schematics for the buildings, power grids, and security system. From where he stood they all seemed to match up to the real thing, with only a few hiccups considering the state of the world. "Doctor please, we must hurry, time is of the essence!" The official called to the distracted Droid.

"Oh, yes, I apologize, I was merely fascinated by the..."

"Yes, yes, just come on." The official interrupted as he somewhat forcefully lead Twenty-Three into the building. Twenty-Three was rather surprised by the activity in the halls of the capital building, though it was understandable, considering the circumstances. When Twenty-Three was reactivated some 200 years ago, he was incredibly fascinated by how much the world had changed, he originally existed in a world where everything was done with steam and gears, for them to be replaced with circuits and motherboards was such a marvel that he had spent the first few weeks of his new life learning all he could of the New World. During that time, he came across the prophecy of the Celestials, intrigued by the idea, he theorized a method to counter them should New World ever encounter one, though at the time it was just a fun little project that nobody really paid any mind to. Now, however, his theories were being held in incredibly high regard, some even calling it the last hope of the New World, Twenty-Three had to admit, he was curious as to see how his theories would pan out in this real life scenario.

Twenty-Three was lead into the room where the Council of Congress was meeting, a Lizarian male already presenting his research to them. He noticed that he left out another crucial fact in his explanation, albeit one that was relatively recently added, he waited until Etharon finished his proposal before he spoke.

"Actually, many of the planets defenses will be eradicated before we even reach the first stomach." Twenty-Three nonchalantly corrected. "Due to the Celestial's breath being highly ionized, a serious of ionic storms are spread throughout its esophagus, if we manage our resources appropriately we should be able to traverse two or three storms before the entirety of the planets electrical systems are destroyed, so you should take that into account as you plan this excursion." This new piece of information sent the crowd roaring again, realizing the hell they were about to go through.
Running a hand through her hair, Nirix let out a deep breath as the chaos was no longer issued outside the main building but also inside the Council of Congress chambers. There was so much commotion; Council members shouting over one another, Etharon giving out tons and tons of scientific theories, and finally the sudden appearance of a Droid who only plunged the room into further more chaos by giving out his own proposal.

One thing was clear to Nirix however, she was definitely no scientist. An information broker, a trained killer and possibly a peace keeper, she could do all just fine but all this talk of strategies and Atmo-Guards was a whole new raging headache.
"Irlahnash!"Nirix hissed, her patience had snapped from all the shouting and disagreements going on.
"Be silent,"She yelled again, translating the word she had previously used to the common tongue and not that of her people. Now Nirix understood why nothing was getting done, the congressional council members did nothing but argue all day and night, instead of actually formulating a plan to do something!

"If you do nothing but argue all day, everyone in this room, on this planet, will die. I suggest you figure out something and work together with the fleet that the Empress of my homeworld has provided or think of something else to do before it is too late!" Nirix huffed, finally spent from her brief moment of anger and frustration.

The crowd was silent as Nirix yelled out, Etharon was no scientist either but over the last three years or so Twenty Three had been allowing Etharon to stay in his basement for only a few Credits a month with the props of tinkering the loose bolts and screws for the robotic doctor. "Basically, we go off world, into the monster body, navigate the muscles and blood steams and attack the brain right doc?" Etharon wasn't really in the habit of fighting for the safety of New World but maybe this would be a chance to wipe clear his many crimes... Minor theft, vehicular theft, robbery, assisting an arms dealer, assaulting an officer, impersonating an officer, j-walking, littering, loitering, and feeding animals at the local city zoo. "This of course would be a dangerous task and while the soldiers and doctors of New World secure the safety of your people and quell rioting, we will go on this suicide mission for a small fee..." Etharon smiled hoping to get a little cash on top of a clean slate.
"It is somewhat more nuanced then that, for instance, considering the brain is in a recognizable form, we must attack its equivalent of the medulla oblongata, that would be the quickest way to kill it." Twenty-Three explained. "Now, in the event that it is not in a recognizable form then..."

"Will it work, doctor?!" the president demanded, slamming his hand on the table in irritation.

"Yes, if this plan is executed correctly, to my specifications that I have provided in the files, we should successfully be able to escape the Celestial's esophagus." Twenty-Three assured. The entire council whispered amongst themselves, they were taking this under serious consideration, after all the entire planet hung the balance. After a few more moments of deliberation, the President stood.

"We have reached a decision." He announced. "In light of the present circumstances, we have decided to place our faith in this theory of yours. Doctor, how long until we hit the first of these "Ionic Storms"?"

"Just a moment please." Twenty-Three replied before pulling up a holographic screen that displayed multiple read outs. "According to the sensors I had installed in the Atmo-Guard satellites, we have approximately... 6 Hours, 42 Minutes, and 4.109387 seconds by the end of my explanation before we encounter the first ionic storm, I suggest we leave before that."

"Get that time on the clock, and give these people everything they need, we launch in 6 hours and not a moment more!" The president ordered, sending many of the officials scattering. "Etharon, choose your team wisely, accomplish this and come back alive, and we will reward you to the best of our abilities."

Over the next few hours the team began to get ready supplied with a great many things, a jet looking ship, oxygen masks that held four hours of air in each capsule, along with about a dozen capsules for when the original four hours ran out. Etharon was supplied with a new blaster, single handed, no ammo just recharge over time, eight shots an hour instead of six, and a fifteen minute recharge instead of thirty to fourth minutes! Food supplies were given along with electrical engineering equipment, and the Atomic C-4. Finally both Doctor Twenty-Three and Nirix were supplied with custom weapons of their choice as well! "So Nix, we got the Doc with his knowledge of Navigation in this monster and its biology comprehension, we got me with my gun skills and hacking which doesn't much help us, lastly we got you Nirix and your unmatched skills with a blade.... I'd say we could use one more person. Got anyone in mind??"
Nirix was moving silently through some sort of foreign Kata in the ships small star observation room, when Etharon approached her to strike up an conversation. She bowed slightly at him as she acknowledged his presence before returning to her exercises. Her eyes closed in concentration, light breathing and the rustle of cloth were the only noises in the room before he spoke up.

"I'm not sure harellan," Nirix answered him using the nickname she had become accustomed to calling Etharon. It amused her to no end to see his face twisted in confusion at the word, Nirix would never tell him the meaning if only to get slightly under his skin.

"All my contacts are far away from this dying world and would never make it here in time." She moved gracefully as she spoke. It was as if she was like water, fluid and organic. It was clear that using an opponent's joints were the basis of the movements; use the enemy's momentum there, twist a shoulder here, kick at the knee and he was down, at the fighter's mercy.

Deadly and very effective
"Harellan, quite the fitting moniker for my rambunctious companion." Twenty-Three stated, most likely surprising Nirix that he understood the nickname. Among the many other things he learned in the 200 years he had spent in this new world, he has studied multiple alien languages, Eoclu being one of the first, considering its similarities to Ancient Earth Elvish. "Did I pronounce that correctly, I understand it is difficult to perfect the accent with my digitally created voice." He asked casually, tilting his head with curiosity.

Twenty-Three was rather excited to speak with Nirix, he had heard much about the Eoclu race, but this was his first time meeting one.

As they approach the time for the Ionic storm, no one stepped up to join them, it looked as if they were going to be going all alone. "So, looks like it is just us four huh?" As the prep finished up the alarm on Etharon's watch began beeping, "we are an hour until the storm hits, and we don't have a fourth person... Should we leave without them? According to the Doctors prediction the world ends in eleven or twelve hours if we're lucky... I think we should go..."
Archives of Animus (played by Draken901)

((It seems I cannot pm you for some odd reason, so I will simply say this. I'd like to join, though, I'd probably have to revise the character I would use for this. (Semi - Future 1 or Ein on the archives of animus) Sorry for posting this here, but I couldn't pm the host.))

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Belly of the Beast (PM to join, one slot left.)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus