Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Fresh Meat!

Hello, everyone! I'm Logan, and I'm looking forward to roleplaying with you all! I've been writing since 2010, but I didn't start roleplaying really until early this year. I've familiarized myself with all of the roleplaying basics, and I know most of the rules and such, but this site is a different beast! I'm sort of intimidated by this place, and I'm a little shy at the moment. I'm not normally shy, though! Once I get settled and comfortable, I'll open right up.

I'm most familiar with forum-based roleplay, but it looks like there are many, many options when it comes to roleplaying on this site. Is it normal to post directly on the site, or do most people roleplay via instant messengers or PMs?

The character creation system seems a little scary, too.
Allot of people use both the PM system and the forum to roleplay, and the character creation system isn't so scary once you get used to it. :) Welcome to RPR, hope you have fun.
Aawww, don't be scared! We don't bite! We only nibble if anything. :o

Welcome to RPR! Enjoy your stay!
Asroc

Welcome to RPR! Maybe we can RP someday!
LoganDub wrote:
Hello, everyone! I'm Logan, and I'm looking forward to roleplaying with you all! I've been writing since 2010, but I didn't start roleplaying really until early this year. I've familiarized myself with all of the roleplaying basics, and I know most of the rules and such, but this site is a different beast! I'm sort of intimidated by this place, and I'm a little shy at the moment. I'm not normally shy, though! Once I get settled and comfortable, I'll open right up.

I'm most familiar with forum-based roleplay, but it looks like there are many, many options when it comes to roleplaying on this site. Is it normal to post directly on the site, or do most people roleplay via instant messengers or PMs?

It is nice to meet you, Logan! I'm Summer, and I've been here since June 8th I believe. I have been roleplaying for a little over a year now as well! I can tell you this: I was a bit shy when I was here as well. As for the character creation... I never use the start up wizard. It feel that it is easier to not use it! You of course can use it, or you could go without it (I go without it for reasons that I stated!) It is a bit scary at first, so I can see where you are coming from there!

I myself am one of the Private Message users when it comes to roleplay. I prefer to do it by inbox, rather than forums. It is most common to talk a bit in the PMs before going onto a forum is what I've noticed, so you can do several things if you'd like! If you feel like you want to roleplay on the IC forums, then you could make an add here. You can also look for other players' roleplays, and start one that way. Several people (if not everyone) are up for a roleplay if they aren't busy with irl or other rps that is!

Welcome to RPR, and if there are any questions, feel free to ask me. If you'd prefer to ask me in private, then you can private message me. If you do not know how to do that, this is how you would go across doing that: Click on my username, and that will bring you to my profile. After that, you can find the "send message" button right under my icon: That will bring up the "Start Private Conversation" page. Here you can select a subject (the title of the conversation), select who will be in the conversation (Recipients), and of course, your message. Just type your question, and press the "Start Conversation" button, and it will send ^u^

We're all friendly here. If we aren't, then they're missing out on a good time ^3^
Welcome to the Rpr!
LoganDub Topic Starter

RainbowToRosie wrote:

Nibble away owo

I checked out your profile page, and I'll have you know that I am a HUGE Star Wars fan. I adore the franchise, especially The Empire Strikes Back and the cartoons.
LoganDub Topic Starter

SummerNights wrote:
LoganDub wrote:

It is nice to meet you, Logan! I'm Summer, and I've been here since June 8th I believe. I have been roleplaying for a little over a year now as well! I can tell you this: I was a bit shy when I was here as well. As for the character creation... I never use the start up wizard. It feel that it is easier to not use it! You of course can use it, or you could go without it (I go without it for reasons that I stated!) It is a bit scary at first, so I can see where you are coming from there!

I myself am one of the Private Message users when it comes to roleplay. I prefer to do it by inbox, rather than forums. It is most common to talk a bit in the PMs before going onto a forum is what I've noticed, so you can do several things if you'd like! If you feel like you want to roleplay on the IC forums, then you could make an add here. You can also look for other players' roleplays, and start one that way. Several people (if not everyone) are up for a roleplay if they aren't busy with irl or other rps that is!

Welcome to RPR, and if there are any questions, feel free to ask me. If you'd prefer to ask me in private, then you can private message me. If you do not know how to do that, this is how you would go across doing that: Click on my username, and that will bring you to my profile. After that, you can find the "send message" button right under my icon: That will bring up the "Start Private Conversation" page. Here you can select a subject (the title of the conversation), select who will be in the conversation (Recipients), and of course, your message. Just type your question, and press the "Start Conversation" button, and it will send ^u^

We're all friendly here. If we aren't, then they're missing out on a good time ^3^

Yeah, I think I'll be sticking to my own character format as soon as I have the time to write one up. I'm really looking forward to writing here :D

Thanks a bunch for the lengthy welcome, I always love 'em!
LoganDub wrote:
Yeah, I think I'll be sticking to my own character format as soon as I have the time to write one up. I'm really looking forward to writing here :D

Thanks a bunch for the lengthy welcome, I always love 'em!
You can of course do that, but you could use the wizard for a guide. I did that with my first character (Choujo Himara), and I didn't like the way that it turned out. So, I left it there for a bit before I went back, and made it more detailed (still haven't finished it yet sadly :( But just because you use the wizard doesn't mean that you are forced to put EVERYTHING in and that is all you get. Rather, you can put in what you want, leave out what you don't want in it, and add whatever might not be in there or something that you might have not wanted to add before. I used to use Charahub before for character profiles, and it was HORRIBLE honestly. I like that you can format your own profile too. It makes it unique :3

Well, those who know me well enough can tell you that I like lengthy messages ^-^

You sound like a neat person! What other things are you interested in other than writing? Any favorite books? Movies? Shows? Games? Come on and share! We're all friendly here!
(^~^')/
LoganDub wrote:
RainbowToRosie wrote:

Nibble away owo

I checked out your profile page, and I'll have you know that I am a HUGE Star Wars fan. I adore the franchise, especially The Empire Strikes Back and the cartoons.

Yeah, Star Wars is amazing! I am glad it was created, even if most of the it was declared to no longer be canon. I still love it! It's also fun to roleplay as. I've roleplayed Star Wars with some of my friends on another site, and we all loved it.
Welcome to rpr as many have said they do private messages I have done some in messengers as well as private messages. I do other ways as well like online games with rp.
Welcome to RPR!
People have already said their things on the PMs (and the character things), so I think you should be set with that :2

Feel free to ask for help with the character customization too :3 It shouldn't be too troubling but feel free to ask anyway~

Have fun~
Kim Site Admin

Welcome to the site! Looks like you're getting lots of useful answers already! :D

I'll try to clarify just a tad more:
  • People tend to use the public forums for RPs that might be a one-off scene, rather than a huge plot, if that scene isn't going to contain particularly graphic information or IC secrets they don't want to give away to other RP partners.
  • People tend to use group forums if they are playing scenes as part of a larger story or world, as this allows them to keep related RPs all on their own private forum, control who can join and who can see what with greater precision, and of course, keep world building information that relates to the RP on the group pages for easy reference.
  • People use PMs for basically all kinds of RP. It's fast to set up, private to only the people you start the RP with, and convenient.
  • All of the above places (public forums, group forums, private messages) can be opened in a chat format, if you and your partners find you prefer the pace of a chat over a forum (or you just really hate refreshing the page!)
  • I'm not sure it's a majority, but certainly a significant portion of the site members are also willing, or sometimes eager, to do their RP on other games (Furcadia, WoW, Second Life, etc.) or platforms (email, skype, google chat, etc). Some people worry that the RPR will see this as competition and crack down on it, but let me officially say, we just want you to have a lot of good RP and aren't super worried about where you do it. We're just happy to help you find it. :)

Hope this helps! Please feel free to ask questions if you have more. :)
Hi! Welcome to the site!
I'm sure you'll have a great time and get the hang of everything quickly, if not I would be happy to help :)
Welcome and don't worry I'm sure you will get used to this site quickly enough! ^^ I was also a shy newbie but rpr is quite helpful and friendly as you can tell.
LoganDub Topic Starter

Hey guys! As you can see, I can be pretty slow to respond sometimes, so bear with me! Thank you all for the warm greetings and hearty welcomes. You guys are so kind, and it's great to have people stop by and say hello to a new member, When I'm ready, I'll throw up a character page or two, and then after that, I try out the roleplaying features here!
Sanne Moderator

Hey Logan, welcome! No worries, we understand that other things (especially real life) have higher priorities. :) I'm glad you're settling in! Looking forward to seeing your character profile. :D
Welcome to RPR! :) Hope you found some awesome RP already! :D
Welcome to RPR!
Hope you're feeling at home :D

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Fresh Meat!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus