Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Free online fiction writing course.

Ben Moderator

So the University of Iowa is offering this course online free of charge. What's REALLY cool is if you don't have time to complete assignments, you can elect to just "audit" the course and you'll still get access to the videos and lectures. I'm going to do it. Anyone else?

https://novoed.com/how-writers-write-fiction-2015
Bloopit

This looks fantastic. I'm constantly amazed by the growing MOOC scene. Thanks for sharing. I'll definitely consider signing up.
Ben Topic Starter Moderator

Woo! If enough people do it we should make an RPR group.
But if I write my story here it'll spoil my comic xD + Well, my timezone is very different
Ben Topic Starter Moderator

If you don't feel comfortable writing you can just follow along with the lectures and exercises.

And it's not about writing one thing, it's a series of exercises and prompts they give you each day to practice with.
This looks awesome! I'm so in :D would love to get a group of us together on RPR too
I did have English writing courses in highschool and it was pretty great~
For example we had to write a story where there had to be a bird and a garden. We got to describe:
- Where the garden was/why it existed
- What kind of a garden it was (flowers? buildings? trash? mecha?)
- What is 'the bird'?

Stuff like that
Also one where we were given a color, and we had a few minutes to write the story, then the color changed and such (we had White, Red and Orange)

These kind of exercizes might be very great and neat~
Just signed up . I don't know how I will do . I get picky about being told how to write . It might help me in the long run.
Never mind .. It already started I misread the dates .

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Free online fiction writing course.

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus