Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Fantasy Castle (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Intro
"God, kid, how did you even get in here? We haven't had any sort of new guy for... maybe hundreds of years," the boy - man? - says. He's got shaggy hair and a slightly dirty face, and his clothes look old, tattered, and threadbare. He's not wearing shoes, and his voice is quiet, a barely-there whisper. It sounds like he hasn't used it in years. Everything about him matches the somewhat primal, skittish way he moves, somehow - like it's a puzzle, a puzzle that's very old and has faded pieces and a huge chunk missing. His eyes dart around and his knees are subtly bent. He doesn't really make any noise as he walks.

"I - there was an accident, and I had to go... who are you?" You ask, and the man winces. It feels wrong to watch, and a sudden sinking feeling accompanies it, as he seems to get even more skittish. "I'm the guy who's about to betray you, kid," he croaks, and glances around before he shoves you into a door that had to just have appeared.

When you stumble inside you see... nothing. It's dark, but you can feel the damp stone of the wall you landed on, can hear the faint trickling of water, the rustling of fabric. A deep voice sounds out. "Who comes?" It belows, with a calculated tensity. You subconsciously listen for the accompanying breath that would come after speaking, but it's not there. You're even more on edge now.

"Uh... Me?" You say back, and hear a soft grunt. Light suddenly floods your vision, and when your eyes finally adjust, you find yourself frozen to the spot.

Horror, panic, fear, all types of things flood through you, making you want to run, get out, go as far as you possibly can, but you can't - all of it binds every fiber of your being solidly together at the sight in front of you.

A beast, that's what it is. It's pale as copy paper, but the eyes that stare at you, unblinking, are anything but - they're angry, the whole of them orange and gold and red and streaked. Horns jut up from its head and then bend down quickly to cover up its blood red hair like a cage, five of them. It's wearing a white, sleeveless robe lined thickly where it opens with shiny black fur, and underneath that is black leather trousers and a black linen shirt that contrasts starkly with the rest of its body. No shoes bind its feet, but its fingers are adorned with golden plates that cover their entire length, except for its joints, which are connected to the bottom plates by chains - and those are held in place by small chains that lead up to golden vambraces. Swollen pink scars can be seen all around them.

"Ah, a new resident," they say, sickly white lips pulling back to reveal fangs. Your scream can probably be heard on the other side of the keep you'd found yourself in.

This RP may or may not be based on something I read by goddamnhella on something of a site ;) Kudos to you if you know what it is - and major brownie points, heh.

The idea is that this castle, this Winterheart, takes people at a point in their life where there is nowhere to go but down and puts them at limbo. It's a massive castle guarded by magical walls and there is no record of it anywhere, because those who see it don't go anywhere but in, and they usually have no one that would search for them (remember, there's nowhere to go but down). Because it is a castle, there is no running water, and no electronics. The place is in an eternal snowy winter. Clothing can be made, but only if you know your plants, because the only way to get them is through an oven that can read your mind for food.

Erleteri, Logan, Ferran, and Okeanus will all be used in this RP. Sounds crazy, right? Well, each of the characters is going to be a bit of an exaggerated version of themselves, sort of like how Tim Burton would write them. They are each side characters, however, and will only be included when the plot calls for it.

There's a massive story as to why Winterheart exists, but only to be found out by your character!

Requirements and descriptions of the 'new' versions of each character under the cut.

Click for more

Requirements

• Two paragraphs for casual roleplaying, three when inspired, five on a pretty good day. I deal with a serious medical condition called 'perpetual writer's block' and so sometimes I cannot come up with something. I'll usually tell you when, and ask if we can skip over that scene and say that a few things happened because I genuinely can't see myself writing it out or something of the sort. It's generally very rare that this happens, but when it does, I just ask that you be courteous.
• Understanding of the fact that IC is IC and OOC is OOC. My characters are generally very large a-holes. I have to think like they do, and when I do, it can be very hard to differentiate their a-holery from my 'oh god you're such a jerk why do you do this'-ery. Sometimes things they do are ridiculously out of line. Because they are such massive jerks sometimes. It generally shouldn't be a problem, because all of them are mostly recluses here, but... just a warning!
• Decent activity. I do not reply every day, or even every four days, especially since school is starting back up. But, y'know, I try to keep it consistent, and I ask that you do, too. You can tell me if you're not enjoying what I post and are slow because of it. You can tell me if you're going somewhere and won't be able to reply. I generally won't mind. But please be somewhat considerate, because patience is, ahem, not one of my strong suits.
• A pretty adept understanding of the English language, and how grammar works alongside that knowledge. Please know where to put your commas and your apostrophes and where not to, as well. Please know to put quotation marks around what the character is saying and please also know which words are allowed to be together, as well, like saying 'an apple' instead of 'a apple.' Please know how to construct complex sentences and compound ones and please know to vary which kind of sentences you use so that it's not repetitive. Basics, really. It's fine if english is not your first language, but I'd prefer if it were, and if it is and you don't have a good flow in your writing, I do (almost) apologize for putting this requirement up, but I won't take it.

Logan will simply be schizophrenic. His murderous tendencies will be from flashes of anger, and he'll be mumbling or staring off into the distance most of the time. But in his rare (and usually long) moments of lucidity, he will be what can be considered normal, though still severely damaged. There's a whole story with him, as will be with all the characters, if your character seeks him out or gets everything at a happy medium that encourages everyone to share their stories.

Okeanus will be a prodigy, mysterious, and a pompous bastard. He'll hold back no biting remarks and he'll know how they affect you because of his empathic abilities. He'll be mentioned for the large first half of the story and then show up if we manage for that far. He's dangerous and quick and probably knows more about the castle than its 'Keeper' does.

Erleteri is the man that shoved you into the room. He's been here for a really long time, and has gone a bit wacko because of it. But don't worry, he's probably the most interesting of all four of these guys.

Yes, I said four. Ferran - he's the beast from before. He's considered an enigma - he can be utterly bloodcurdlingly terrifying one minute and then care about whether or not he really scared you later, or even seem like he's checking on his occupant's lives ever so often. He's rarely seen, though, and stays mostly in the castle's armory. Sometimes roars can be heard through the night, and screams of pain through both day and night sometimes echo around the castle. No one tends to come out after a while when it happens.

I hope to hear from you!

And - I almost forgot! - this story can go any way that you honestly want it to. Romance can happen, adventure can happen, combat can happen... It's all in where your character takes it!
Magic 90%
Magic is very common. Magic-tech, grand floating islands, forests that sing, magical creatures may be an every-day occurrence.
Technology 50%
Modern
Combat 40%
Unrest may be part of the setting, but any scenes that happen to involve combat may be summarized.

Details: Freeform, adjustable length posts, long-term RP partner preferred.

I'd be interested to try this with my character Flynn... I need to upload the others, but perhaps them as well.
I would love to try this. ;w;
Romance is usually a must-have in RPs for me, so it would probably be pulled that way by my character somehow.

But I'm open to all other things happening as well.
Is there a limit to what kind of characters can be used?
I was thinking of perhaps Lumina in her Fantasy Version.
Or Risa (she's a work in Progress). Or Vera. Or Ariya and Artemis.

Which particularly interests you?

(I also believe I might have an RP going with you? I'd like to continue it if you'd like to. I just moved and didn't have internet for a couple months. Been a nightmare really. Haha)
Lilah Killian (played anonymously)

This concept sounds amazing! Very, very interesting! If this is still open, I would love to participate!
lunan Topic Starter

TollingBells wrote:
I'd be interested to try this with my character Flynn... I need to upload the others, but perhaps them as well.
I'm generally looking for one character per player, just because I know two characters on the same idea but in separate roleplays can get confusing and I don't really like orchestrating it.

But yes, Flynn seems good! Just PM me sometime and we can get the ball rolling.
Amirrora wrote:
I would love to try this. ;w;
Romance is usually a must-have in RPs for me, so it would probably be pulled that way by my character somehow.

But I'm open to all other things happening as well.
Is there a limit to what kind of characters can be used?
I was thinking of perhaps Lumina in her Fantasy Version.
Or Risa (she's a work in Progress). Or Vera. Or Ariya and Artemis.

Which particularly interests you?

(I also believe I might have an RP going with you? I'd like to continue it if you'd like to. I just moved and didn't have internet for a couple months. Been a nightmare really. Haha)
I think I like the twins best, or, as you said, Vera. The twins have a bit more story than the rest, but Risa also has the potential of discovering herself, and her whole butterling thing could be a bit of a conversation starter between her and rest of the people at Winterheart. And Artemis could become close to Erleteri and Ariya to Logan, because they seem the type that either of them would like, and there could be a potential conflict where they both realize it and start being like "Why aren't you spending time with me" if they're like that. It's all in what you wanna write, I suppose, I'm fine with it all. Just PM me when you're ready to discuss things.

We very well might, but I don't remember it XD I'm not good at sticking stories to just characters, and they're at least a third of why it exists, much less players. I'd be glad to start it back up with you, though.
Lilah Killian wrote:
This concept sounds amazing! Very, very interesting! If this is still open, I would love to participate!
I'm glad you think so! And yes, it is very much still open. PM me and we can start discussing how we'll proceed!

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Fantasy Castle (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus