Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Fire and Ice (1x1 Closed)

Eros (played by kuroi_neko) Topic Starter

Eros would nod his head, holding back another chuckle at the two. And he thought he and Riiko had problems. These two were the complete opposite of each other. "Well, that's a good thing, I suppose. I wish you the best of luck in finding him, and the rest of your family."

The war had been a terrible thing, at least in his eyes. It put him in his current predicament, and also brought down the wrath of Riiko's tribe on her. So, it was really the reason why they were here today.

"What takes you with Rae," Riiko asked, looking at Arka as she placed a finger on her chin. "You two don't really seem to go well together, so, why travel with her?"
Arka the Demonheart (played by Jello_Monsta)

Arka pushed his mouth to the side, as Rae laughed, "Yes, please enlighten me as to why you insist on travelling with me." she said, crossing her arms.

Arka let out a long drawn out yawn, and then scratched the back of his head. "I was bored." he said, shrugging slightly.

Rae frowned slightly, shaking her head. "You were bored?" she asked.

Arka nodded, "Pretty much, plus it was nice to follow you with those tight pants you have on." he grinned.

Rae's jaw dropped, and she swung her scabbard at Arka's head again, "You lecher!!" she shouted, swinging again as he dodged the first blow.

Eros chuckled again, but kept his mouth shut. He didn't want to get drawn into the fight if he could avoid it.

"Ah," Riiko said, not quite sure she got what he was saying. She would just wave it off and then look ahead of them. "Well, it is very nice to meet you both, regardless of the reasons you are here. I don't see too many friendly people who are traveling, so it is nice to have someone new to talk to. Eros usually just scolds me all day." She stuck her tongue out at her companion, when he gave her a glare.

"Only because you need it," he replied.

Up ahead of them, the treelines started to form, and they would soon be walking in shade. Of course, it also meant that dangers might be lurking in the trees.
Rae Straughn (played by Jello_Monsta)

Rae pushed her mouth to the side as the trees came into view, walking in the forest was a lot more risky than walking in an open field. She wasn't too worried about running into anything or anyone, she could handle herself. She was not entirely sure how well the other three in her party could handle themselves.

Arka interrupted her thoughts when he spoke up, "So mages eh? That's a pretty complicated career isn't it?" glancing down at Riiko and then at Eros, "Magic takes a lot of dedication."

Rae blinked at Arka, she couldn't believe he had spoken a sentence without any lecher comments.

Arka grinned suddenly, turning to Riiko again. "I know some magic, perhaps I could give you some one on one lessons?" his grin increased and he winked at Riiko.

Rae rolled her eyes for probably the hundredth time that day, "Do you ever stop?"

Arka chuckled, "No, not really."

"It's not too bad," Eros would say before looking at Riiko. "At least for most. Otherwise, it starts to become a pain in the ass." Riiko frowned at him, but then looked to Arka when he spoke.

"Oh, you know magic? I really do need to learn more, so I wouldn't mind lessons from multiple people. Eros gets frustrated too easily with me." She gave a sort of laugh, and Eros, nearly burst out laughing. He knew exactly what Arka meant, but the poor neko had no idea. She took his words way too seriously, not reading between the lines.

"I don't think that was quite... what he meant," he said, rubbing the side of his head. He looked to Rae. "I'm sorry, it must have been like this the entire time you've been traveling with him."

Rae looked at Eros and nodded, "Two full days if you can imagine." she said, shaking her head. "It never stops."

Arka looked down at Riiko and smiled, "I wouldn't say I know the same kind of magic as you, but I would be willing to help you Riiko if you need it. I'm sure there is similarities between the two, so it shouldn't be too hard. The first thing you have to learn is concentration. The more focused you are, the less chance of you blowing up things." he grinned, patting the top of her head.

Rae glanced at Arka, she did not know he knew magic. In fact she did not know much about Arka's abilities at all, he had never brought it up until now. "There is more than one kind of magic?" she asked, tilting her head slightly.

Arka glanced back at her and nodded, "In my case, yes, but that story is for another time" he smiled, winking at Rae.

"There are several different types of magic. Arcane, Elemental, Healing... Demonic. None are necessarily bad nor good, it just depends on how you use them." He would give a glance to Arka, as if trying to figure out just what type of magic Arka did use.

"Eros uses Arcane, and I use Elemental. That might be one of the reasons it is difficult for me to learn magic from him," Riiko said with a shrug. It was quite common for a person who used one magic to have difficulty learning, or even using a different type of magic.

Arka grinned slightly, "Never met an arcane mage before" he chuckled, glancing down at Riiko. "Elemental eh? I've heard healing is the hardest one to learn, I might be able to help you out." he smiled.

Rae simply listened to them as she walked behind them, she had no magic abilities at all. She was basically the bruiser of the group, she would just hit things until they died. She smirked slightly, finding that rather amusing, she did like to hit things.

Arka folded his hands behind his head again as he walked, looking up into the trees as they entered the forest. It was nice to be in the shade now, the sun was starting to take its toll. He glanced down at Riiko, "Have you just tried to hold an element in your hand as you walked? It's good endurance and concentration training. You know, keep it round and the size of an egg in your hand and just keep it that way."
Riiko Kitase (played by kuroi_neko) Topic Starter

Riiko looked at him, and then to her hand. "Um... I have. I'm not very good at it... But I really do need to practice it more." Eros would give a frown. Even though he found her a bother, he still prided himself in being her mentor. And now Arka was offering suggestions to her. He couldn't blame the guy, though. And besides, it wasn't like they would be grouped with this pair for longer than a day.

Riiko was holding out her hand as she walked, conjuring a small flame, but after a few seconds, it would go out. She did this several more times, but eventually let out a sigh, her tail twitching annoyingly behind her.

Eros turned his sight to the sides of them, and noticed a few headstones just set out behind the trees. A small, private graveyard, it seemed. He almost ignored it, except that he noticed the ground before the headstones had been recently dug.

"Looks like graverobbers..." he said, steering off the path and walking over to the graves. "A same to disturb the dead." He would shake his head, and look down into the grave, but found no casket, body, or bones...

"Strange..." he would say to himself, as Riiko joined up with him.

Rae frowned, walking up to the graves. "I don't understand how people can be so heartless." she said, kneeling down as she glanced around.

Arka crossed his arms, "Everyone has their own ways to survive, most likely couldn't rob anyone living so they go for the dead." he said, sighing. "It's a tough world out there, even for the dead."

Rae was shocked he hadn't made a lecher comment again, she preferred his more serious side. She glanced back at the grave and frowned more as she stood up, "Just goes to show there is no peace even after death."

"Ah, yes, I would have to agree... but they didn't even leave the bones... That's a little too far, in my opinion," Eros would say, and look to the others. Riiko bent down, and flung some dirt aside, to see if she could find something. But, Eros was right. There was nothing there.

"How sad," she would say, standing up straight again, dusting her hands off. She heard some rustling behind her, and she peered over her shoulder. After a moment, her tail stiffened and her ears flattened against her head.

"Oh no!" she said, taking several steps back, before falling into one of the graves. Eros had went to help her, but had stopped before he reached her, looking to what had frightened her.

A half decayed man, with a worn dress suit on his body. He frowned, raising his hand to cast fire at the creature. "Necromancy..." he hissed, looking at another dead creature walking toward them. And then another... and then several more.

Arka cracked his neck, "I was about to say, if even the bones were gone it probably isn't just some grave robber." he said, punching one of the undead.

Rae had drawn her sword, "I see the puppets, now where is the puppeteer?" she said, glancing around as she slashed down one of the dead, only for it to get back up moments later. Rae backed up some, frowning as she spoke. "This is going to go on forever unless we find out who is controlling them.

Arka was punching and kicking the corpses, he really didn't want to have to expose himself but if it meant they'd leave here alive he'd have to do it. His eyes scanned the tree line, looking for what Rae called the 'puppeteer'.

Riiko pulled herself out of the grave, as Eros tossed out several more spells, using his sphere to do so. He turned, taking down another as it barely missed him. The ones he hit with spells would come at him again, but soon, they were burnt enough that they could no longer manage to piece themselves back together. "Well, fire works, but not efficiently. It takes several hits.

He raised his hand again, the sphere glowing, and a corpse burst into flames behind Rae as it readied to attack her.

Riiko dusted herself off, and went to attack when something grabbed her leg. A corpse, partially burnt, had pulled its way to her with its hands, now gripping her in an undead rage. Riiko let out a scream, and felt back, as she tried to squirm away.

Eros had spotted someone though, in a black cloak, running from the scene. He turned immediately, and took chase.

Arka heard Riiko's scream and turned to see her getting knocked down by a corpse. "Sorry buddy I got dibs." he said to the corpse, a fire ball appearing in his hand. It was different from their magic, the flames had a purple hue to them. He blasted it towards the corpse, knocking it off Riiko and burning it the rest of the way. He held out a hand to Riiko to help her up, as Rae covered them and slashed down as many as she could.

Rae was starting to pant slightly as she kept slashing away, no matter how many times she cut them down they got back up, whether she severed a limb or not. She was grabbed from behind by one of the corpses, letting out a yelp. The smell of death was never good, but the one that had her smelled like death himself had died. She tried to break the hold, but the corpse was much stronger than her. "Arka!" she cried out as another grabbed her leg, it's lower half of it's body missing.

Eros followed quickly behind the person, cloaked in the dark clothing. Whoever it was, was quite nimble, and he found it difficult at some times to keep track of where he had gone. As he jumped over a large rock, a dark bolt of magic struck him right in the chest, knocking him backward, unconscious on the ground. And the cloaked figure continued on, escaping from the mayhem.

----

Riiko had went to thank Arka, but heard Rae call out. She turned, her tail flinching before she pulled a pair of black daggers from the sides of her legs, hidden under her pants.

She leaped at the creature, severing the arm off one of the undead attacking the warrior.

Rae kicked off the undead corpse and looked at Riiko, "Thank you." she said, as Arka joined them. She glanced at him and then looked around. "Where did Eros go?" she asked.

Arka sighed, "I think he found out who is controlling these, unfortunately there is too many for us to get past, so we can't help him. Looks like I have to bring out the big guns..." he sighed again as they were surrounded. He closed his eyes and when he opened them they were even more of a pronounced red and glowed some. He lifted his hands and with a sudden flash of light and then there was a huge ball of fire between his hands, he threw it out and it collided with one of the undead. Instead of stopping it kept going moving as Arka moved his hands.

Rae blinked, watching in shock and awe. She had not known he was a magic user, but the fire seemed different from Eros.

Riiko looked to the fire, and had her suspensions, but she didn't know quite enough about different classes of magic, so she wasn't going to be one to throw out accusations. She just watched at the ball of fire nearly obliterated the undead, going from one to the other, and soon, she found that there were none left standing, or calling.

She relaxed a bit, letting out a relieved sigh, and looked around. "That wasn't fun," she said, frowning. She jumped over a few bony bodies, and made a dash in the direction that Eros had run. She was quite quick, and agile, and stumbled upon his quickly.

"Eros!" she called out, rushing to his side, and shaking his gently as he continue to lay on the ground. After a few shakes, he would open his eyes, and look at her, giving a little cough.

"Bastard caught me off guard with a spell..." he said, sitting up, holding his chest. "I'm guessing he got away?"

"I didn't see him, when I found you," Riiko admitted.

Arka and Rae showed up a few seconds after Riiko, both had a frown on their faces.

"Are you alright?" Rae asked, glancing around before looking down at him.

Arka seemed to be sniffing the air, "Whoever it was is long gone by now..." he sighed, dusting off his jacket. "Wanted to give that jerk a piece of my mind."

Rae glanced at Arka, she'd have to ask him about his power later. Right now they needed to keep moving in case that person did come back.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Fire and Ice (1x1 Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus