Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Mori Commission Table

Hi! My name's Mori, and I'm opening commissions.

DIGITAL MASTERLY
These are done in an oil painting style reminiscent of one of the Great Masters.

83711be827e1c951561c14815e1153b3.png This painting to the right is done in the style of a Rembrandt. It is of King Charles II of England, referencing the painting done by John Michael Wright, and a photoset by Rory Finn in a recreation of a one of Caravaggio's paintings.

Disclaimer: This painting was done as a study, and not with the intent to sell on.

NERDY MORI FACT: DID YOU KNOW THE FRUITS IN THE PAINTING (THE APPLE, THE ORANGES AND THE GRAPES) ARE SUPER SYMBOLIC AND STAND FOR SOMETHING LIKE “I WILL EXERCISE MY FREE WILL TO HAVE LOTS OF LUSTFUL THOUGHTS AND BE SUPER CARNAL ABOUT IT.”

NERDY MORI FACT #2: NELLY PROBABLY GAVE HIM THEM ORANGES.

OTHER EXAMPLES OF DIGITAL MASTERLY:
  • An older painting, but one of Michelangelo's David that was drawn traditionally and then coloured digitally. It's one of my favourites for the expression.
  • An even older piece, this one is done in different shades of blue for effect. I was not emulating any particular artist, however it looks nice so I put it up here.
These would probably be priced at £30 because they can take more than a week to produce (or at least, the King Charles one did). I can paint anthros, humans, and ferals.

DIGITAL OTHER
shezmu_by_morianrhod-d8o4w09.pngThese are paintings that don't fall under the Masterly criteria.
These also cover character designs, like this one of Shezmu, a character that I used to RP with. They are
  • This moonscape shows two horses kicking up dust as they gallop across the terrain. While not particularly neat, This is possibly the best painting of horses that I have done so far.
  • This painting of a Mermaid under the sea references the statue in Copenhagen Harbor of The Little Mermaid. The colour-scheme is based off a Betta Fish.
  • This one is of a Sea-Serpent destroying a Galleon. It was drawn traditionally two years back and coloured digitally.
  • Another Merperson, this one is of a Merman holding a skull whilst holding a fork. The fish part is based off a Barracuda.
  • A stylistic portrait, this one is based off the woman on the front of one of my Figure Drawing Books.

If you would like to commission one, these are priced at £10. Please provide an appropriate reference alongside your request in a message. (If you want a bust, provide a close up face of said character, if you want a full body drawing, please provide a reference of your character's full body.)

TRADITIONAL DRAWINGS:

These are pencil sketches. They would be priced at £5 for A5 Sketches. These are predominantly bust shots of characters of Anthros, Ferals and Human alike.

image_by_morianrhod-d8mgpdv.jpg This drawing is of Xochiquetzal, the Aztec goddess of flowers, fertility, games, dancing and agriculture, as well as craftsmen and pregnant women. In this sketch, I experimented with 'camera angles' to create motion in the sketch.

OTHER EXAMPLES OF TRADITIONAL DRAWINGS:
  • One of my first drawings uploaded to my Deviantart account was this one of an Eagle looking out over the horizon. It was later expanded into this piece.
  • This is a sketch of a Griffin made from an Iriomote Cat and a Skua.
  • This is my Troll-sona, Sindavra.
  • And for those of you who like Dinosaurs, I drew these rather thick-set Utahraptors.

I can also draw 'Disney' or 'Bluth' styles as well as my regular style.

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Mori Commission Table

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus