Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Why am I a God? (PenGryphon2007)

Dia (played by CavalierCadaver) Topic Starter

"I doubt there's anything in this city! I didn't plan on staying here!" she yelled over the engine. She opened her eyes now, and a smile crept over her face at the exhilaration she felt. It was almost like flying. She made a mental note to try that herself some time. If she could fling rocks at people with nothing, maybe she could fling herself also.

"Do you ever get bored riding this thing!?" she inquired loudly.
Well that made it easy enough. He leaned into the turn to avoid heading further into the city where there would doubtless be more traffic. And more cops.

He smiled as he felt Dia's elation at the motorcycle. It felt good to ride again, with the wind in his hair. His diaphragm kicked as he laughed at her next question. He yelled back, "Bored? Heaven's no. That's what the police are for!"

They zipped out of the city without too much trouble and merged onto the highway. Here Cody unleashed the power of his motorcycle, ignoring the speed limits as they whizzed by.

Dia wasn't sure if clutching him this hard was causing pain, but if she had to choose between that and tumbling off, she would take the former. The faster they went, the more heavy she felt, though at higher speeds the G's leveled off and she felt nearly weightless. She now wondered why exactly she hadn't bought one of these for travel sooner.

Wait...

"COPS!? Why do you incite the police? Are you retarded?" she shouted, just now realizing they were likely over the speed limit. Considering this while also realizing they were on an open seat and two wheels brought some fear back into her stomach.
Cody released the throttle enough that Dia might at least loosen her vise-like grip around his waist. She did have a point though--he could outrun a cop car alone on his bike, but having a rider along made it trickier.

"Can't help it," he said back, "they have it out for me." Or they did. He hadn't had too much trouble with the local authorities recently--but then, they didn't exactly know what was in his saddlebags either. Of course, the guns glinting at his waist as the wind whipped his jacket back might attract some unwanted attention. Well, he'd just have to hope they didn't pass a police car.

"The cops have it out for you? Well, it could be because you openly carry firearms and drive twice as fast as traffic on the HIGHWAY!" she yelled over the engine again. "If you get stuck in jail, I'm going to enjoy your misery for a while before I get you out. I hope that's okay with you."

She took a chance and slowly shifted so that she was seated more comfortably on the bike, and was happy to know that she didn't fall off to her death, as most people naturally would be.
"Fine, I'll go the speed limit!" Cody yelled back. He didn't brake but he did let up on the throttle. The bike slowed noticeably and they began to merge with traffic, rather than weave around it.

"I just like to get where I'm going. I have places to be, things to do." Though nothing came to mind right away. He grimaced as he had to actually drive through traffic rather than zip around it.

"Where did you have in mind?"

Dia considered this for a moment. She knew she had been traveling east from her hometown to start, and then switched to move north. She could feasibly be anywhere in the northeastern or northcentral United States. "Um....I don't really know where I am. So I couldn't really tell you a specific destination. I guess for now, wherever the road takes us," she shouted over the din of a large semi truck right next to them, which honestly scared Dia to death but she made no show of it.
"Alright, we'll head west." Cody replied more for her benefit than his. If they were going to visit every state, it would be a long drive. But he figured that someone who wanted to avoid being noticed by a relative would try to move as far away as possible. It was one reason he went North instead of West when he was on the run.

He zipped past the semi to re-merge with cars that looked to be traveling some distance.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Why am I a God? (PenGryphon2007)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus