Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » The Rite of Freedom (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Bei'Ai (played by Quantipede)

You wake up, alone in your padded cell. Bandages crisscross your body, signalling how much more surgery the Organization has done to you. You can feel the animal within you too, wriggling or squirming or clawing or whatever its doing into your mind and struggling for control of it. It takes a lot of mental focus to push back the animal side of you, but you succeed.

Rousing yourself, you stand in front of the door, allowing it to chain your arms and legs to itself. Then it flips around, revealing a vast network of cables that lead up to the door (similar to Monster's Inc's door system). The door moving, you look above and below you, seeing other people move to and from their cells to their destination.

The door stops in front of a particular building, and lets you go, receding back into the mixed jumble of cables, presumably back to your room. It has left you at the cafeteria, where you can grab your healthy meal of gray glob for breakfast. There are others, already picking at the food or devouring it hungrily. They all are like you, except that they may have a different animal within them or they may be already brainwashed by the animal genes. The idea of trusting no one has kept everybody safe up to now.

Everyone speaks in a hushed tone, but rumors eventually reach your ears that somebody is plotting for a massive break out. Of course, you don't believe this at first, last time the subjects staged a prison break they were crushed immediately, and the head conspirators were hanged. Not to mention that it could be the brainwashed that was feeding this information. But when word on the grapevine tells you that the ex head scientist is one of many people plotting it, you doubt it less and less. Faced with this new tidbit of information, you are now conflicted.

Continue this horrible life until you succumb to the brainwashing, or escape with a possible chance of massive repercussions?

Of course you would choose the latter, for it's your best chance of survival.
You always hear people saying it, when they're desperate.
"Let's escape."

All are welcomed, but I am taking only four.
Magic 50%
Magic is rare, but not unheard of. Mundane characters may or may not believe in it. Magical characters may form small and exclusive pockets for study, protection, etc.
Technology 70%
Further future, perhaps visit mars or upload your brain
Combat 60%
Combat is woven into the storyline and could come to the forefront if the characters seek it out.

Details: Freeform, adjustable length posts, one-off scene.

Sounds interesting! I'd like to join
Bei'Ai (played by Quantipede) Topic Starter

If you would like to start it now don't hesitate to say so, the rest can trickle in later, but that's only because I noticed that on these forums if you wait too long for people they lose interest.

Anyways, will you be a subject that is pre-animal implant or post-animal implant? And if you are post then what animal do you plan on using?
I wanted to use raven, so the animal will be a crow. And she'll be post-animal implant. Want to start it now? And if you don't mind my asking, what does the brainwashing do to the subjects? Does it make them think they're that animal?
Talbot Argentum (played by Quantipede) Topic Starter

Sort of, they're half under the control of the Organization, and they're half under the control of their animal desires.

And I'll start the role play.
Ok. Pm or forum? Under the control of the organization? Like, mind control? Sorry, I just don't want to confuse anything

http://www.rprepository.com/community/forumthread.php?t=23072

sort of similar to mind control, except they're controlling the humans through the primal needs of the animal.
O.O ok...

it's a bit of a long explanation if you don't mind.
I don't mind

by controlling the "animal" part of the mindset, the Organization can technically control the subjects via satisfying their desires. Through simply taming them, or depriving them of a desire, they can harness them to complete a specific singular task.

examples:
deprived of food to the point where the subject would kill anything for food
deprived of shelter to the point where the subject would clear out anything to build a place

By controlling them through the use of singular menial tasks in order to eventually build up to a grander outcome, they are in essence harnessing the powers. These tasks may be divided up to the animals concerning what animal type they have been infused with.

i.e.
gorilla or elephant infusion would do brute force work
bird or insect infusion would do reconnaissance and scouting.
Ahhh ok!
Um, hey, you there?

sorry was busy fighting the kremlins off my keyboard. they just wouldn't let me do anything.
Lol its fine.

bump
Tinsley Rain (played by Marcat2001)

I'm a bit late but I'm interested nevertheless I have this character named Tinsley Rain uh her she is basically psychotic but I think she'll do great in this RP if you allow me to join :)

whoohoo finally someone.

of course youre welcomed.
Tinsley Rain (played by Marcat2001)

Okay (Sorry for the long wait I didn't see you responded XD) Uh anyway do ya'll want to start cause I'm up for a RP anytime if your still up for it.

No its just the long holiday and family gatherings have been wearing me out, so I'm taking a break from rping until the end. If you want you can join in and see if ani will respond.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » The Rite of Freedom (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus