Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Closed: Rise of the Titans (Greek Mythol (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

After Kronos and his brethren were finally defeated in the First Titan War, the gods filled the mantle. They became the new 'leaders' of Greece.

Centuries later, the Romans took over Greece, and these gods have new personas, their Roman forms. They became more militaristic and strict than their Greek personas, but ultimately the same. By this time, the Titans have shown signs of reviving and regaining their strength. After about a few decade, they tried to invade Mount Olympus to regain their spot as the leaders. The gods were ill-prepared, since they weren't a lot of demigods in that time. However, Rome was able to push back these Titans with the help of the gods. But the Titans seem to be slowly winning the battles. There were more casualties than victories on the side of the gods. In a desperate attempt to save their men from death, the gods used an ancient ritual to defeat the Titans. Unfortunately, this ritual also involved the gods sacrificing themselves as it used up all of their divine energy.

In the modern world, the descendants of the gods were scattered all over the world, all of them knowing their history. Their divine blood was diluted, but the Fates have granted them the abilities of a demigod in the ancient times so that they may be able to kill the stray monsters seeking to terrorize mortals. There was peace for a long time, up until the present time. The Titan are once again rising and held a huge hatred for the gods and in turn the humans for they were created in the time of the gods, but were rejoicing because they have heard of the destruction of the gods upon the Titans' fall. For this, the Weavers of Fate have gathered the souls of the fallen gods and threw them into the mortal world, where they will each find themselves a host.

Explanation
The hosts can be a descendant or a mortal. And if it's a descendant, state from who, and it doesn't have to be the same god. Also, the gender of the host must be the same with the god. Most of you probably know the 12 major gods of Olympus, so it's them, and I'm including Hades and Hestia.

The host and god are able to talk in dreams. As their bond strengthens, they will be able to talk in the host's mind and share memories with each other. The hosts also have increased athletic abilities and instincts. Once sharing a deep and strong bond, the host can be immortal. To strengthen bonds, you have to talk, be close, and trust them, like a friendship.

Note: All of the abilities need some form of training, they won't be instantly good. And you can have more than one character, at most is 3. Oh, and if you have any ideas for extra abilities, you can pm me and I'll see if it's not too powerful or anything. If you have any questions, ask away!

Major Gods of Olympus and Abilities of the Hosts

Zeus(Roman form: Jupiter)
He is the god of the sky, lightning, and thunder. The host can conjure lightning and thunder in their hands and/or strike their enemies with them, manipulate the air and fly, and talk to birds. Also able to heal when a natural lightning strikes them. Not able to be electrocuted.

Poseidon(Roman form: Neptune)X
He is the god of the sea, earthquakes, and storms. The host can manipulate water, but there has to be a source. S/He can conjure storms and earthquakes, but needs some training to do this. If had extensive training, can conjure water from the thin air. Able to heal when injured body part is in water. Able to breathe underwater and talk to fish.

Hades(Roman form: Pluto)X
He is the god of the underworld, meaning the dead, and riches. The host can rise up dead skeletons and give orders to them, like bidding them to fight someone or fetch a glass of water. Can also sense any gems under the earth and summon them. Can also talk to the dead and monsters who serve Hades' realm.

Ares(Roman form: Mars)
He is the god of war. The host will have great strength and more enhanced athletic skills. Will naturally be knowledgeable in weaponry, how to handle them, and military tactics. This doesn't mean that he'll be good in every weapon. When angry, his speed and strength will increase more than twofold.

Hephaestus(Roman form: Vulcan)
He is the god of fire, crafting, and blacksmiths. The host will have outstanding creativity and crafting abilities. Naturally knowledgeable in inventing and crafting things and weapons. Also able to conjure flames from their hands. Has great endurance and stamina, and a strong resistance to heat.
(not completely though).

Apollo(Roman form: Apollo)X
He is the god of the sun, archery, healing, and medicine. The host will have natural talent in archery. Able to slightly manipulate light and knowledgeable in medical procedures and medicines, both herbal and pharmaceutical. Gains energy from the sun. Able to heal minor injuries.

Dionysus(Roman form: Bacchus)
He is the god of wine and madness. The host can grow grape vines from the ground, maybe use it to restrain enemies' feet, and can confuse a person's mind and create temporary madness. If trained and powerful enough, can completely and permanently send someone into madness. Also able to read someone's current thoughts.

Hermes(Roman form: Mercury)X
He is the god of thievery and travel; messenger of the gods. The host has enhanced speed and agility, and very cunning. Has a natural ability in stealing and pranking. Can magically add wings on shoes to fly. Also able to communicate with the dead, since Hermes is the one who guides the dead into the underworld.

Hera(Roman form: Juno)X
She is the goddess of marriage and family. The host is able to see how close two people are, like seeing how strong a bond is between them, but cannot see her own bonds. She is also able to call or summon peacocks to help her, and can talk to them. Has strong willpower.

Demeter(Roman form: Ceres)
She is the goddess of agriculture and harvest. The host is able to grow vines and plants from the ground, like Dionysus. Can also will plants to grow food and speed up the growing process of a plant. Can also use the power of the earth to heal someone of minor injuries. Nature can never turn against her.

Hestia(Roman form: Vesta)
She is the goddess of the hearth and family. The host is able to conjure fire from the hearth, which has the power to heal injuries, even major ones. Has a natural ability in cooking, and can calm people down with her power. Has complete resistance to fire.

Athena(Roman form: Minerva)X
She is the goddess of wisdom, strategy, and arts. The host is able to quickly learn new things, especially in art crafting, knowledge, and tactics. Also naturally smarter and mature than others her age.

Artemis(Roman form: Diana)X
She is the goddess of the wilderness and its animals, hunting, and the moon. The host has a natural ability in archery and hunting, which uses a bow and knives. Gains energy when the moon is up. Able to talk to animals in forests and wilderness and command them. The nature will never turn against her.

Aphrodite(Roman form: Venus)X
She is the goddess of love, beauty, and seduction. The host is naturally pretty, and can sense who someone likes or crushes on, and any romantic relationships. Can charm-speak anyone to follow their orders, but is more effective against men.

Magic 70%
Magic is fairly common. Players and NPCs important to the tale may have it. Mistborn.
Technology 50%
Modern
Combat 70%
More combat than not. The setting may be at war, and the characters will likely get involved whether or not they seek it out.

Details: Freeform, adjustable length posts, long-term RP partner preferred.

I'd like to join as host of Zeus if that's fine :)
ASplashOfMusic Topic Starter

Sure! If you have any questions, ask me.
Dabria Brinsley (played by magmagirl468)

Is it possible that I might be able to be a descendant from Aphrodite?

Yes, of course. Which character will you use? For Light of Love
Jared (played by Light_Of_Love)

This one ^^ I might make him a descendant, or not. Maybe.
Henry Lang (played by TheGM)

I'm interested in being a descendant of Hades if that's okay.
I'd love to join as descendant of Hades. Thanks!

And whose host?
ASplashOfMusic wrote:
And whose host?
I'm sorry, but I'm not sure I understand this question.

Descendants are bloodline. Hosts are people hosting their spirits. They are different. Maybe you mean host of Hades, and for Dabria, host of Aphrodite?
Ooo! I'm interested in being a descendant of Hades and a host of Hermes. (Does that work?)

Jetsify wrote:
Ooo! I'm interested in being a descendant of Hades and a host of Hermes. (Does that work?)
Yep! It's ok
Could I be a host of Poseidon?
Samantha Ardel (played by ShadowStryker)

I'd like to be host of Athena, please.

Could the host be the descendant of the same God/Goddess?
Can I be the host of Apollo?

Yes, the host can be a descendant of the same god.

Then I guess I'll have the descendant/host of Zeus.

Still looking for Hephaestus, Hera, Demeter, Hestia, Dionysus, and Ares.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Closed: Rise of the Titans (Greek Mythol (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus