Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » FATE - Calamity Release (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Game Master and othe (played by Derglet)

You are the Hero of this story.
You were chosen by Fate to save the world Ceuthr from evil.
Come forth, young warrior of the gods.
The time is now to draw forth your blade and strike the forces down.

It will be up to you now to protect the world from impending danger.
It will be up to you now to defeat the treacherous spirit Eltrith.
It will be up to you now to reclaim the Capital from evil hands.

You will then destroy the Seal and free the Sage of Orionn to then vanquish the Evil in the land once more.

Such was said by Fate.

Eltrith watched a group of travelers that had camped within the Plains intently, listening to their conversation. He had learnt in the past few minutes that they were heading to the Capital, for what, he had no clue. Before he could find out anything else, something changed. The destiny of a young one had been shifted. They would be the one to bring Ceuthr in great peril. They were the Calamity Release, who shall destroy the Seal and allow Orionn to wreck havoc once more.
But why?
What could drive one to do such a thing?

That would be something he'd have to look into...
A lot lay on his head if he allowed such a thing to happen...

Hey there guys! For once, this isn't something to do with N0P:FL. Instead, this was something that just hit me a few hours ago. Something that I shall name FATE. Anyway! Straight to the point, I need at least 4 players to join me, one of which will be the 'Hero', or, well, the 'Calamity Release'. The other three shall set out to stop the so-called 'Hero' before they reach the Seal and free Orionn (He's the God of the Sun in Ceuthr). Eltrith will accompany both of them, assisting and observing. While he does wish to stop the 'Hero', it is his duty to help according to Fate. Unlike the N0P:FL series, this does not take place in a Sci-fi world, hell, not even a Modern world. Instead, FATE focuses more on a High Fantasy setting with a large world that the characters have to journey throughout in order to reach the Capital. No teleportation, controlling other beings or any overpowered stuff, please. If I bring forth a group of bandits and you're playing a Mage, you can't pull a 'I cast Fireball and they all die.' If you are a character that doesn't use magic but fights with a weapon, you can't kill all either. One or two at least. Do not steal the show, please. Also, this will be done in Forums and there will not be a post order, sorry for all those that want one really badly. I honestly can't do such things. Anyway, let's have fun, yeah?
Magic 80%
Magic is common.
Technology 40%
Industrial revolution
Combat 60%
Combat is woven into the storyline and could come to the forefront if the characters seek it out.

Details: Freeform, adjustable length posts, long-term RP partner preferred.

I like the duality this seems to have. Unfortunately, I'm going to bed right now, but I'll look again tomorrow. :)
Derglet Topic Starter

Just a small bump. Nothing more, nothing less.
I have questions. I do. I just haven't figured out how to put them into words yet. x.x
Derglet Topic Starter

Whelp. When you do, don't be afraid to ask, Nova! ^^;
This does sound like something I'd be very much interested in. Do you have any details on the world I can look at? I like to eat up those details.

1. If there is no post order, how would this work? Would we be just hopping in/out of scenes and assuming characters are along?
2. Are we all to be in different settings at the same time, yet still interacting?
3. Again with the lore and bitty details. I don't want all of them, just some of them. A sample of the pie if you will.
Derglet Topic Starter

I haven't actually thought up much of the world, yet I'm thinking a little more on that! I'll make a post later detailing a bunch of stuff, 'kay? ^^;

Anyway...

1. I guess so. We'll be jumping back and forth between what the 'Hero' is doing and the group, most likely the group will be take some time to move to place to place while the 'Hero' has no real interruption. At least, so you'd think. I've got a bunch of stuff to keep 'em busy XD

2. Not entirely sure if I got what you mean, but I'm going to go off what I think you mean XD Well, the 'Hero' will be travelling alone, not counting Eltrith, while the group try to get to the Capital before the 'Hero', but there will be interactions between the two. Such as them meeting and such.

3. Lore... Haven't finished planning out entirely about it, like the world. I'll update the main post when I'm done, though. ^^;
Ahhh! So this is a race against time! I like this idea.

1. Will there be any limits to magic? I imagine no god-like/gamebreaking powers of ultimate stupid.
2. In regards to character creation, what would be our limits? Stick with core fantasy? (Elves, humans, etc)

Regardless, count me in! It sounds like a great challenge and I'd love to start (Of course when we have enough people)
Derglet Topic Starter

1. Mhm, yeah. Definitely. If anyone comes up with a character with some form of magic that's pretty devastating, like, stopping time or whatever, then I'll ask 'em to tone it down (If possible) or just forget it all together. That's one of the reasons I say no teleportation magic, since for something like this, that'd ruin it story-wise. Well, Eltrith can teleport himself, but he can't do anything. He's basically my 'Sit back and focus on Game-Mastering this.'

2. Basically, but some branches into different types are allowed. For a start, Beastkin and Humans have a wide population in Sidorn, which is the land this is taking place in. There's trade with places overseas, so I would say it possible people from other continents would appear. However, I have not worked out names nor main creatures, though I don't really need to, do I?

~Going to start trying to find my World data for Draagal since I need names and such and I can't think of names~

Oh, I forgot to make that ridiculous list telling people what to expect. Well, I can promise a Fish-Monster. A swaggy Fish-Monster, at that.
Without a posting order, RPs typically just follow a rule of respect: don't charge the story too far forward without giving everyone else a chance to respond. ^^

That said, I'm actually a bit more confused than I was before, but that's okay. I'm still interested, and I imagine things will start making more sense to be once everything comes together. ^^ In the meantime, I'll keep watching this while I consider what character I might want to stick in. :) (On that note, if you think one some particular character of mine might fit some role nicely, just let me know.)
Derglet Topic Starter

Heh, sorry for making you confused, Nova!

I've got a lil' amount of information on Ceuthr/Sidorn in Eltrith's profile under World that I forgot about XD I'll have to update it though.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » FATE - Calamity Release (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus