Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » A Wizard did it. (Open)

Great...Artair took a torch on the wall near by hers, and taped his against hers, lighting it. "Ok then lets go..." He stepped ahead of her into the dark.

(I don't know if I want to keep playing...T_T)
Ceri (played by White_Wolf) Topic Starter

(Ah I'm sorry . _ . am I doing poorly?)
(no I was saying I'm afraid of the dire rat thing. That is creepy)

(hee-hee o u o yeah a lot of the monsters I use are like that, I'll try to be a bit more careful. . .but isn't it better that they're creepy so you don't feel bad for killing it?)

Ceri followed behind, listening carefully for any sounds that would indicate the Dire Rats might be near. It wasn't long till the sound of dripping water was drowned out by a faint crackling and thumping sound. "What's that sound?" Ceri asked, her voice betraying her to show she was clearly surprised by the sudden noise.
He turned his head slowly towards her. He didn't move his teeth when he spoke. "You don't know?..." He turned back waving the torch around, trying to see if he can see something.

"I don't spend a lot of time in the sewers. Rather I should say this is only my second time being in the Neverwinter City Sewers." Ceri griped her sword tightly as she two shifted her torch, inching forward only to have the combined light glint off of something momentarily before a hissing sound echoed from the dark and skittered off someplace further down the tunnel. "Dear Tempus what was that?!"
"Gee, maybe the dire rats?" He asked sarcastically, he took out a dagger from behind his belt. The sewer was too small for him to use his claymore

Ceri gave a sheepish smile, pulling out a short sword. "I knew that." she replied. Ceri shifted forward, perking her ears to listen closely as she moved forward into the dark. "I don't think I've told you, but I don't particularly like Dire creatures." she mumbled.
Artair didn't answer, he kept a look out for anything that moved in the dark. After a while, "Even though I just meet them, can't say I care too much for them either." He replied.

(welcome back)

The tunnel gradually grew brighter and brighter as they moved forward, the light sounds of popping beginning to reach them. The skittering sounds had faded only to be replaced with a foul stench and the sounds that came from nails being dragged across stone quickly. "Pardon my stating the obvious but that doesn't sound like the normal sewer sounds. Not that I even know what normal sewer sounds should be."

(people have randomly decided they want my attention now that it's spring break, sorry ; u ; )
(Don't worry about it)

"Yeah, I'll agree with you there..." He said quietly. He was a bit nervous about this, he didn't like this at all...

The tunnel opened out into a large domed room. The center filled with mucked green water. There was a narrow path circling the pool and on the opposite side a fire blazed. The clawing sounds emanated from the other side of the fire along with squeaking sounds that where just audible above the roar of fire. Ceri inhaled sharply at the sight. "How did a fire start down here? I wonder if it's an Alchemical Fire..." she pondered walking down one of the paths slowly and cautiously.
"I don't know. I never bothered with any magic..."he sheathed his dagger now and looked around the room. "Strange..."

Ceri sheathed her own weapon and, being careful of the still screeching creatures and fire, searched around for anything that could have caused the sudden burst of fire. "I don't see any glass or anything." She spoke loud enough for Artair to hear. The light began to dim in the room as the snapping sound slowly died down. The screeching as well died and became enraged hissing sounds. Ceri Looked up with barely enough time to whip her shield around off her back and defend herself from the Dire Rats who were now free of their fiery prison. "Is it just me or was this staged?" she shouted to Artair.
Artair didn't responsed. This place was a bit bigger so, he dropped his torch on a dry floor and pulled out his claymore and stood ready for anything that was coming. "Who cares, all that matters now is we stay alive!" He yelled, then swung his sword at the first Dire rat that jumped at him

Ceri pulled her own great-sword, deftly stabbing the Dire Rat that she had barely blocked with her shield. Two headed towards Artair while another scampered towards Ceri, it's fangs bared and hissing like the one that lay slain before it.
Artair swung his sword again, cutting the two that ran at him in half. "Do we have to stay?" He yelled at her, killing another rat that came from another direction

Ceri swung her sword lobbing the head off of the other snarling Dire Rat. "Only long enough for me to check the scorched spot!" she called back, spinning swiftly to stab one that came from behind. She backed towards the blackened spot holding her shield as a guard while she inspected the chard floor. Rubbing the spot to see how it spread. "It looks like it really was an Alchemical Fire!" She called back.
Artair backed up to guard her, "Ok great, so is that it? or is there something else we gotta do?" He asked still swinging his sword

Ceri stood returning to her offensive position. "We report back to the guard and get some information out of him." She swung her sword at one of the Dire Rats slicing at it's side and heading towards the exit. "Hopefully they have information on why someone was down here with Alchemical Fire. I don't see any reason that anyone would WANT to come down in the sewers where these monsters are! Not to mention the smell." Her nose again wrinkled in disgust.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » A Wizard did it. (Open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus