Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Project Zero: FadingLight (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Ziroh (played by Derglet)

Our broken world exists someplace where the laws of time and space are both ignored and cherished. It all started a couple centuries ago, when our world wasn't Cyldale, but instead 'Earth'; before all of life eventually died from all of the pollution in the air and ground. That was when They came forth, with the powers of what we now call 'Mirage', named after the disbelief of such Energy existing, believing it only to be tricks of the mind. However, this new energy was more than a mere trick. It was, in other words, Magic. It was this energy that defied the very logic that we had become accustomed to. It was this energy that made everything disappear and reappear. A new life. A new Universe. New People and customs, new technology and views. Soon, 'Earth' became our definition of a true Fantasy- Cyldale. Surrounded with the new possibilities, the people overlooked the ones that had made this happen. They... They were known as Hybrid Wielders, stronger than normal 'Wielders' at, well, 'Wielding' Mirage and were the 'Heroes' of most of the New People's stories.

These Wielders supposedly appeared long ago, defending the people from the Traitor God, Tenebra. They apparently rise when the worlds are in danger and were the way the common-folk connected with their Gods. Said to be not the purest of hearts, but indeed ones that didn't cower. They use Mirage like normal Wielders, of course, but while similar, these 'Hybrids' have far better abilities than the 'commoners'. These 'abilities' ranges from small things, like having one's weapon materialise in front of them or enhancing certain physical traits, to bigger things, like stopping multiple projectiles from all around in mid-air or killing a person with a single touch. But even with such power, there are downsides. Hybrid Wielders have been known to break over time, and even lose control of their abilities. Such cases are explained to the public as these 'Perfect Heroes' getting consumed by a very contagious disease known as simply, Infliction. A disorder that eats away at a person and raises the level of Negativity higher than normal standards, replacing Mirage in the process, and so they lose control of themselves and become beasts of shadow that harm everything within eyesight. And the growing problem with these Inflicted is that they are everywhere. Everyone is one. Some Infliction is higher than others, with a better chance at becoming these monsters. The different stages are shown by a mark placed somewhere upon the Inflicted's body. However, while possible, I for one know that that is not the case for many Wielders.

But why am I telling you this? That is a good question. This knowledge is mandatory for the future that lies before you. Have you heard of XINO? They are recruiting 'employees' to join and assist in the task of ridding Cyldale, and soon the other Worlds, of these Inflicted few. But how? And what about the Hybrid Wielders? Well... What if I told you XINO only recruit potential Hybrids? Yep, that means both you and me. Tell you what, there is a specific Team that caught my eye the other day... FadingLight, or whatever. Why don't you go see if you could pair up with them? I hear they've caught not only all of our eyes, but also the high-ranking officials of XINO. Me? Oh, well, I've already been paired up with a team. Though, I think you'll benefit better without me and the rest of these slackers on yer back. Cya later, New Blood.
Magic 80%
Magic is common.
Technology 80%
Far future, perhaps interstellar travel (generation ships)
Combat 60%
Combat is woven into the storyline and could come to the forefront if the characters seek it out.

Details: Freeform, adjustable length posts, long-term RP partner preferred.

Dante Nullen (played by Auscarsy)

((I'm intrigued""
PrinceOfChaos

Im interested if your still doing this.
Azalea Streu - SIN Unit 001 wrote:
Our broken world exists someplace where the laws of time and space are both ignored and cherished. It all started a couple centuries ago, when our world wasn't Cyldale, but instead 'Earth'; before all of life eventually died from all of the pollution in the air and ground. That was when They came forth, with the powers of what we now call 'Mirage', named after the disbelief of such Energy existing, believing it only to be tricks of the mind. However, this new energy was more than a mere trick. It was, in other words, Magic. It was this energy that defied the very logic that we had become accustomed to. It was this energy that made everything disappear and reappear. A new life. A new Universe. New People and customs, new technology and views. Soon, 'Earth' became our definition of a true Fantasy- Cyldale. Surrounded with the new possibilities, the people overlooked the ones that had made this happen. They... They were known as Hybrid Wielders, stronger than normal 'Wielders' at, well, 'Wielding' Mirage and were the 'Heroes' of most of the New People's stories.

These Wielders supposedly appeared long ago, defending the people from the Traitor God, Tenebra. They apparently rise when the worlds are in danger and were the way the common-folk connected with their Gods. Said to be not the purest of hearts, but indeed ones that didn't cower. They use Mirage like normal Wielders, of course, but while similar, these 'Hybrids' have far better abilities than the 'commoners'. These 'abilities' ranges from small things, like having one's weapon materialise in front of them or enhancing certain physical traits, to bigger things, like stopping multiple projectiles from all around in mid-air or killing a person with a single touch. But even with such power, there are downsides. Hybrid Wielders have been known to break over time, and even lose control of their abilities. Such cases are explained to the public as these 'Perfect Heroes' getting consumed by a very contagious disease known as simply, Infliction. A disorder that eats away at a person and raises the level of Negativity higher than normal standards, replacing Mirage in the process, and so they lose control of themselves and become beasts of shadow that harm everything within eyesight. And the growing problem with these Inflicted is that they are everywhere. Everyone is one. Some Infliction is higher than others, with a better chance at becoming these monsters. The different stages are shown by a mark placed somewhere upon the Inflicted's body. However, while possible, I for one know that that is not the case for many Wielders.

But why am I telling you this? That is a good question. This knowledge is mandatory for the future that lies before you. Have you heard of XINO? They are recruiting 'employees' to join and assist in the task of ridding Cyldale, and soon the other Worlds, of these Inflicted few. But how? And what about the Hybrid Wielders? Well... What if I told you XINO only recruit potential Hybrids? Yep, that means both you and me. Tell you what, there is a specific Team that caught my eye the other day... FadingLight, or whatever. Why don't you go see if you could pair up with them? I hear they've caught not only all of our eyes, but also the high-ranking officials of XINO. Me? Oh, well, I've already been paired up with a team. Though, I think you'll benefit better without me and the rest of these slackers on yer back. Cya later, New Blood.

I would like to join your RP, I specialize in fantasy
Derglet Topic Starter

Of course~! What characters are you two using, Chaos and Avatar? ^^;
Karai Outway
Could I possibly join?
Derglet Topic Starter

-Avatar Ah, yup. Alright, though I want to ask if it would be alright if he would be toned down with all of that power? XD

-Kunoichi Sure~! What character will you be using?
Would my Character Talia be alright?
PrinceOfChaos

I would be using Zero he's my main man.
Derglet Topic Starter

-Kunoichi She should be fine!

-Chaos Seems like he'd fit in nicely! I'll go and make the forum in a bit, 'kay guys?
PrinceOfChaos

Alright just notify me when you guys are ready to rp
Awesome! I'm excited
Derglet Topic Starter

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Project Zero: FadingLight (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus