Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Eerie High

veiledprophet Topic Starter

That reminds me of another pet peeve I have... and it's a bit hard to explain, but it annoys me when people try to steer the direction of a roleplay to wherever they want it to go, rather than where their character would want it to go. I guess as an example I could say like... having a character expose an important detail about themselves randomly or way too soon when the character was originally supposed to be hiding it.
I know right? And his character thinks he knows everything about my character...seriously...I really want to just stop suppressing my character and let him loose =w=. The Greek gods call him Celestial Being when they warned his character about my character's presence. *Cough* In my timeline, the Greek gods were killed by him *cough*
Now in this rp, I am in another timeline/dimension/universe. Thus he can kill them again :D lol

Ooh, I get it. I'd be frustrated, too, if one of my more powerful characters were limited somehow... but, yeah, it's like... some people seem to be playing more as themselves than they are their character, if that makes sense.

You can usually pick those people out from the crowd because you notice the majority of their characters seem to have very similar personalities when you roleplay with them.
Exactly
I am been called a she many times. Am I really that feminine? o-o
(That is a good thing because that means my personality is not bleeding through my characters. THUS SUCCESS!)

I thought you were a girl at first, too, haha. Sorry! I think it's just the name Robin that got me, even though I'm pretty sure it's a unisex name.
It's fine~. Hence why I have female names as well :P. I got used to it
Oh correction, I have always purposely suppress characters that tend to be "op"
Talon just happens to be on my list of the top 3 characters

I honestly don't know how to roleplay violent OP characters. My most powerful characters don't really have any kind of fighting spirit, except for Garnet, and his only really shines through when he's angry. The others are gods, and are very picky about when they use their magic.
I have a goddess that is the definition of god-modding. Her words are her power. My op characters tend to be reserved.

My most powerful character is one named Apeiros, who is basically the main god and creator of the universe my OCs reside in... but he doesn't really do anything. He just watches people, and sometimes has his disciples do his bidding when there's trouble. He has my time god, Ortus, erase any time anomalies that happen to slip in, for example.

He's very passive for a god haha
Lol. Same for Monochrome
I don't usually make my op characters go into battle....more or less lots of complaints from previous community =w=. They kinda expect an easy battle and not think this through and defeat him that kind of thing...soo...yeah

I usually don't like to make my characters fight at all... I'm bad at it haha. And a lot of the time the ones who like to fight are the ones who try to control the whole thing

I've been meaning to bring some of my deities to RPR, but I dunno when I'd ever use them. I've been thinking about Seol though, who is my god of life, because people tend to like him for his emotional tendencies hehe

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Eerie High

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus