Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Discovery of One's Self (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Ok guys, I'm looking for some roleplay partners with this setting I've thought up. I'm looking for a super rich plot to come, so anything can happen.

Plot:
A few decades before the world we know today, in a world quite like our own, there is a race of man who can wield magic. Not everyone has it, and many of those without it discrimunate against those who do. In this world magic is discovered through the use of a Gemini. A Gemini can take the form of absolutely anything that relates, in some way, to the user's soul. It takes it's form almost like the patronus from the Harry Potter movies, as a ghastly-esque being or object, slightly transparent. The Caster can draw its power, or Mana, from its Gemini's seemingly infinite supply. The supply may seem plentiful but the ability to tap into this source isn't. In fact, this ability to tap into the source is what makes someone a Caster. All beings can summon a Gemini, and yes I mean ALL beings, but only those with the power to Cast can harness the power of Magic. Those who can tend to find out fairly early on, usually with an unexplainably broken vase or small, floating object. In able to insure this power is harnessed correctly there are certain classes within school that teaches its safe use.
This has always been very controversial among others due to the increasingly large possibility of its misuse (though, thankfully, this has yet to actually happen). There has been a long history of discrimination and animosity towards Casters since Magic's discovery so it's not surprising to say they aren't allowed in higher positions in government and business.
As for the actual magic that can be used: there is no thin guideline. So long as you have a strong enough connection with your Gemini you can force any feesible idea to happen (though the alteration of reality has also yet to happen).
Your job is to fit into this world. Create a character, some kind of backstory, and what your Gemini takes its form as. As for me: I'll control several minor characters from time to time but will use one character, James, as my main. So get to it and have fun!

I have no beef against cursing, just dont go around yelling "Shit!" constantly. I prefer people write a paragraph per post but if that ain't your thing I understand. Looking for 3 others to join me to make a group of 4. You want in? Post down below with a short description of your character. Thanks!
Magic 70%
Magic is fairly common. Players and NPCs important to the tale may have it. Mistborn.
Technology 40%
Industrial revolution
Combat 50%
Combat is expected as part of the storyline but it won't dominate the plot.

Details: Freeform, adjustable length posts, long-term RP partner preferred.

I wouldn't mind using Mackay here for this RP, having either his cane or prosthetic leg be his gemini. His backstory is still getting somewhat worked out, but so far I'm thinking that he lost his leg working as a medical worker in a warzone and went on to become a professor at a modest university as the whole gemini and magic thing happened. He could possibly be among the first wave of people who started using it too.
theRevil Topic Starter

Sounds pretty promising, but I wouldn't suppose Mackay is a little over 200. This magic isn't old but wasn't discovered a few years ago.

Second thing: a Gemini doesn't have to be a literal representation of one's soul, it can be very metaphorical. (I only say this because one of my character's Gemini is a fox)
Ahh, ok. I just read a few decades ago, and assumed it meant that magic was discovered around that time. Also, I know that the gemini can be metaphorical, and both the cane and prosthetic can work in Mackay's case.
theRevil Topic Starter

Good, then in that case I'm glad you've taken some interest. A professor woyld work wonders in this plot. (Also, make it the cane. Just a suggestion.)
Cane it is then!
theRevil Topic Starter

Still looking for two more people
I suppose we should bump this from time to time so people can still see this.
theRevil Topic Starter

Oh yes, of course
Let's clarify this. Gemini is someone who takes any form and is a source of mana for the magic user yes? (Prepare a string of questions)
As far as I understand, it is closer to something that represents the person it stems from, be it an animal, an item, or something completely different, as long as it manages to sum up your character.
theRevil Topic Starter

robinnrose wrote:
Let's clarify this. Gemini is someone who takes any form and is a source of mana for the magic user yes? (Prepare a string of questions)

Not someone: something. It can take any form, yes, but the form tends to be completely irrelevant for anything other than a reflection of the Caster's soul.
It can be someone can it?
theRevil Topic Starter

robinnrose wrote:
It can be someone can it?

It's mot recomended but if you can make it work then by all means go ahead
I'd love to put my OC Fender in for this - normally a demon hunter, I can adapt him if that helps. In my setting he usually calls upon suit of Divine Armour, so could I make that his Gemini?
theRevil Topic Starter

Honestly, I didn't think this would turn out to be a big deal but when I made this thread I had the idea of the Gemini's not being physical objects.
If there's still room can I join as a character I'm working on his name is noir I'm imagining his Gemini as a pseudo dragon (for most people who don't know what that is it's basically a small dragon about the size of a cat that had a scorpion tail for a more Accurate look it up its a dnd thing so it shouldn't be that hard to find a picture of) I'm planing on him running something like a detective agency but it can be changed if needed
theRevil Topic Starter

Dude, that's perfect. And there's still plenty of room.
Thanks well tell me when it starts and i will see you then.
theRevil Topic Starter

Yep yep

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Discovery of One's Self (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus