Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » AoL: Tales of Callaquessir

Talin (played by Andryn)

OOC Notes: This is a retcon that is 100% free from canon plot. In other words, while I've already played this era through with Talin (Wiki Page Here), I'm coming back to it for an experimental forum RP to see how differently it pans out. In this saga of the Age of Legends series, a seventeen-year old Kisenrien runaway named Talin has been taken in by Leiea, Queen of the Elves, and given a home within the Elven homelands of Callaquessir. This forum plot is open to continue up until the point where The Chronicles of The Water Walker begin. I am doing this in hopes of possibly finding a better way to play Talin's youth, as I am unhappy with how certain elements turned out in his history. If you are wishing to play an NPC mentioned in this roleplay, please message me privately and we'll discuss it. I hope you enjoy playing this with me!

"Mmmnnn..." He groaned as his eyes reluctantly fluttered open, staring upward into a beautifully carved wooden ceiling, decorated with ivy leaves, twisting vines, and mixed with celestial imagery. It took only a moment for the boy to remember where he was- Callaquessir, homeland of the mysterious and magical Elven race. Still, it hadn't quite sunken in. Elves were very private, keeping to their own lands and their own kind. It was unheard of for them to accept a non-elf into their homes, at least as far as he knew. He supposed he had Queen Leiea to thank for that, but he was still suspicious. As he swung his legs over the edge of the undeniably comfortable cot, his dark brown eyes turned to the cloth-wrapped bundle which leaned against the wall beside him. The sword. Somehow, he figured that might have something to do with the Queen's interest in him.

He glanced about for a moment, making sure he was along, before leaning over to grasp at the bundle, pulling it towards him and laying it across his knees. Deft young fingers pulled and twisted at the leather cord which bound the package, and he tossed away the fabric corners to reveal the weapon that confused and aggravated him so. The blade was grey, a rippling pattern resembling oil and water covering it's rough, scarred surface. It bore one edge, curving menacingly, it's shape resembling that of an elongated dragon's wing. Down, down his eyes moved to the deceptively simple guard, a silver disk etched with menacing symbols and draconic forms. The handle was wrapped tightly in leather cord, but it seemed as if it were half-covered in soot and dust. But halfway down the hilt the form changed drastically, from leather-wrapped wood to solid black stone. Glassy, smooth, light. Etched in ancient forms and designs, simplistic and almost tribal, as it seemed to meld upward into the menacing face of a dragon with burning ruby eyes. Whomever had created this weapon certainly had wanted it to look intimidating. But it's looks were far from the part that worried him.

He heard the sound of footsteps upon the wooden planks outside, and he hurriedly re-wrapped the weapon, stuffing it under his cot just before a tall, lean figure in armor that seemed to weave about him in bands of golden-colored metal stepped into the room.
"Aleu manak An Laiya et Whel casu des." He spoke with a poetic grace to his voice. Not that it had much effect on the lad before him.
"...huh?" He quirked a brow, staring at the Elven guard. "I... sorry, what?" He leaned forward a bit as he spoke. The elf seemed to sigh quietly for a moment, pausing before speaking again.
"The Lady of the Realm desires your presence within her court." He spoke, obviously struggling a bit with the words. Apparently, Elven warriors weren't fully schooled in the common tongue. "Today, when the sun stands highest."

The boy stared for a moment, confused, but gave the guard a nod, which apparently signaled that it was time for him to resume his duties. As the armored figure stepped out, the Kisenrien scratched his head. "When the sun stands... Noon, maybe?" He stood up with a stretch, using his toe to push the wrapped bundle a bit farther under the cot. "Suppose it's as good a guess as any." He sighed before stepping outside.

By the stars, the city of Goldenwood was beautiful. Each home, each building, was carved right into the earth and trees. They didn't build around nature, nor did they reform nature to their whims. No, they lived with nature. Better than any other race in the world, the Elves understood the value of the natural world. The life it gave, the magic it could fill you with. The beauty of it all. Even for one so young as this runaway, he could appreciate that to a degree. "Well... I have a few hours until noon, I think. I suppose I should explore a bit."

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » AoL: Tales of Callaquessir

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus