Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Demon's of Praesidium (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

The dying world of Praesidium. 80% of its landmass has been lost to the infernal fires of the Dark Goddess, Alba and her army of limitless demons. Only one continent remains, and only thanks to the efforts of a select few - Witches and Hunters.

An apocalyptic, slightly futuristic world where demons are attempting to invade Earth - and are succeeding. Only the Witches stand in their way - magic warriors chosen by Anya, Goddess of Light and Patron of Witches. These Witches usually trained non-magical humans in their ways as well, raising them to be Demon Hunters.

Witches

There are two types of witches:

ELEMENTAL: Elemental Witches harness the powers of the four classical elements: fire magic, used mainly as a form of destruction; earth, using the world around the user against their enemies; water, a form of magic based on heating and cooling liquids to harness water, steam, and ice based attacks; and air, used mainly as a form of transport, but also for forcing enemies out of the way with blasts of wind. There have been rumours of Witches able to harness the powers of Light and Darkness, but no living examples have made themselves known.

CARNAL: Carnal Witches use the powers of spirit animals to perform magic. For example, Fox Witches have magic based in illusions and trickery, whilst Crab Witches focus mainly on pathokinesis and protection spells.
It is possible for Elemental Carnal Witches to exist, but they are quite uncommon.

Demon Hunters

When a human is chosen to be a Demon Hunter, they are given a weapon, almost always an enchanted one. This lets them harness offensive magic to some extent. Demon Hunters are trained specially to fight demons, demon spawn, defected witches and possessed humans. They are also taught a form of magic witches themselves cannot use - Faith.
By choosing a lesser deity to be their Patron, their belief will cast them in a holy light, and grant them powers. Witches cannot use Faith, as they are already chosen by Anya.

(Note: YOU CAN MAKE YOUR LESSER DEITY. This will give your Hunter access to one unique magic form in dire situations. An example could be:

Ness, Goddess of Courage, the Knight of Bravery
Bonus Power: Summon an ethereal set of armour to ward against blades and spells alike.)

LOOKING FOR: 3 or 4 more people. If you need help building a character, do NOT hesitate to PM me. This is my own setting that I've developed over 3 years, and I am happy to spend time making sure you can understand the mechanics of the setting.

Either drop a message here, or PM me if interested. Thanks!

- Reapa
Magic 70%
Magic is fairly common. Players and NPCs important to the tale may have it. Mistborn.
Technology 60%
Near future, perhaps cloning and genetic manipulation
Combat 60%
Combat is woven into the storyline and could come to the forefront if the characters seek it out.

Details: Freeform, paragraphs required, long-term RP partner preferred.

I would like to join
Sounds super interesting! I'd like to partake on this adventure!
Two have joined. I'm true to my words.
Thekaleidoscope

Count me in.
RetroReapa Topic Starter

Shiny! I can work with five people :D I'll PM you all if you want any info before we begin
RetroReapa wrote:
Shiny! I can work with five people :D I'll PM you all if you want any info before we begin

Yes please
RetroReapa wrote:

May I be s demon hunter with a Carnal younger sibling?!
I'm interested, if it isn't too late.
Jace

Can i join
Alex Rayne (played by alex-rayne)

i wanna join

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Demon's of Praesidium (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus