Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Fall of the Heavens (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Quantipede

Looking for 4-6 players that can respond daily, if not sooner.

The day when humanity united under one international government that allowed for world peace and respect for individual cultures and traditions has finally arrived. World peace is at hand, and all are thankful for the events that led to this moment filled with hope and aspirations for the beautiful future.

Then came the extraterrestrials.

The crackpots who claimed that aliens were real were not crackpots. The whole deal of it was true, and the threat it posed to humanity was astounding. Immediately, the threat of a new entity immediately opened hostilities and began a war that ended miserably for the humans. The ET proved to have superior technology and knowledge to destroy the most powerful force the humans could muster. Easily, the otherworldly beings took control of all the outer planets and set up a base on the gas giant Neptune.

A demilitarization buffer zone was established at the asteroid belt. After being caught off guard and suffering many casualties, humans licked their wounds, immediately preparing for the next open display of war.

Years have passed since then, and the whole world that had once been an advocate of peace had changed into one that modeled itself after the idea of total war. Schools taught military tactics, strategies, and procedures regularly and frequent, with the threat of war imminent. But as the generations passed, it began to look less threatening as it once had.

You and a group of friends are cadets in a military school, with the springtime of youth still in full bloom. The worries of intergalactic politics and war seem far to you, and it's almost as if it never even happened.

But it always changes when you least expect it.

*Whew, I just recently got back into the swing of things around here so forgive me if I'm lacking in some things. Anyhow, let's get cracking. There are two sides to the conflict: Terraborn and Caelumborn. Pick your side, and fight for your values. This is based off of every single mech anime or cartoon or show I've ever watched. You should first be warned that you're going to be piloting giant robots that blow up stuff. People are going to die, and fading to black may happen here and there. Nobody is invincible, and please use logic to dictate whether you win or lose when in combat. But yeah, lasers and stuff are pretty sweet, so why not. You can pick your own mech or use a standard one provided as well. I will give you a template to design your own mech.*
Magic 00%
No magic at all.
Technology 100%
Far future, perhaps galactic teleporters and fast terraforming
Combat 90%
The world IS war, but there may be RPs that don't feature it. Warhammer Fantasy/40k, etc.

Details: Freeform, adjustable length posts, long-term RP partner preferred.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Fall of the Heavens (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus