Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Tanks

Sergeant Harris (played by BossMcFloss) Topic Starter

(Two people are gone i think)
Orson Miles (played by Exaala)

(Yup, I'm here. I just didn't have much to write in response so I was waiting.)

(Will one of you two assholes just respond?)
Drake Brygida (played by Quantipede)

((I thought we had a post order))

(We haven't been replying that much in order except for the last few posts.)

The sound of an armor piercing byllet hit the front of the tank. It had been fired off from a distance away, but it luckily did not pierce the armor and bounced off.

"We're taking fire from the front, boss! I believe it may be another hostile unit!"

As he was already incapable of taking any action against the tank they'd already spotted and were hiding from, Miles turned the turret towards the approximate direction the enemy shot had come from. With the limited view of his position and their foe most likely being hidden as well, his search for a target didn't result in much.

"Boulder 1-1 this is ghost 2 do you read?" Came from the radio. "Affirmative. We are taking fire from a hostile armor over." Harris threw back. "Driver move to a better position, I will see if ghost has ordinance." Harris picked up the radio "Ghost 2 this is boulder 1-1, do you have any AT rockets over." "Negative boulder 1-1, tank is in same position, we will update as happens over." "Gunner, get a shot to back them off." Harris ordered this command and awaited things to happen.

Shifting the tank into gear, a Drake barreled forward and swung the front towards the direction of the fire.

"I've got vision of a medium tank in the distance, and I believe that to be reinforcements behind it! Boss, we should call in allied support right now!"

Miles frowned to himself at the mention of a large number of enemies but focused on pinpointing the tank their driver had just singled out. It posed no problem that their vehicle was moving to avoid being damaged, he aimed at the enemy and fired a precise shot. The tank was too far away for him to target weak points in its armor however.

"Command this is boulder 1-1 requesting scattered fire mission on targets 400 meters north of our position over." The other side of the radio took a minute to respond. "Copy howitzers are for effect, danger close command out." After a moment or so a barrage of scattered shells rained down with the intent of scaring back the enemy.

The howizter barrage definitely left a mark in the terrain, but more shells began to fire at the tank, this time having a bigger impact on the tank.

"Sir, unless we get closer and receive back up I don't think we can get an effective hit on that tank destroyer in the distance...We may need to pull back and use this barrage as a means of escape."

Miles agreed fully with the suggestion to use the chance and escape, still he continued to aim at what was in sigh and fired, knowing that there still was a chance to cause damage to certain vehicle even though they were far in the distance. As much as he was laid back and passive before he was now focused and stubborn in his attempts to harm their foe.

"Boulder 1-1 ghost team is withdrawing over." Came through the radio. "Pull back out of the town." "Command this is Boulder 1-1, we are under heavy fure, we are withdrawing from are over." Harris sent over the radio. "Lets get moving, we cant do anything." Harris told his crew.

He slammed the gear in reverse, but a bullet managed to somehow lodge itself into the treads of the tank, dislocating it.

"We aren't moving anymore!"

Miles would have uttered a curse as they were stopped in place but was busy, still trying to have some effect on the enemy and at least delay whatever would happen. He received no orders to stop or change his method so he only continued. His efforts weren't pointless, if another tank was close enough to cause them damage he could do the same in return.

"Shit!" Harris yelled. "How bad is it?" "Command this is Boulder 1-1 requesting an airstrike on positions same as last transmission over." Command replied with "Affirmative, jets with payload en route ETA 15 mikes over." Harris simply said back "Solid copy." "We need to get to out of here, how much is it gonna take to get us out?"
Garrett (played by floatch)

(Hey guys, sorry for not posting.)

"We need someone to put back on the treads! You, come with me!"

Drake pointed to Garrett, who had been silent all this time. He opened up the front hatch and hopped out, belly down on the ground to avoid the bullets. He crawled his way to the derailed tread.
Garrett (played by floatch)

Garrett follows Drake, pulling himself out of the metal shell of the tank, his Kevlar vest scraping along the side as he lowers himself to the ground and crawls alongside Drake, clawing through the dirt and debris, kicking himself forward. He comes upon the derailed tread. "Alright, whattaya want me to do?" He asks loudly, over the sound of gunfire.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Tanks

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus