Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Kingdom type RP? (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Talei Monroe (played anonymously)

Hopefully a few people are interested, but ah, oh well if not I guess. Right so. There's this kingdom, right? My explaining tactics are terrible, and I'm most definitely open for change. I am also not using this character for it, I just don't necessarily like posting from myself, for some reason. Somthing about hiding that intrigues me. Anyway! Off with it. So a kingdom with three main groups. The Royals (Queen, King, the people running the damn place) The citizens (Bit obvious if you ask me) And the rebels. Okay so the Kingdom is an absolute monarchy. Whatever Queen/King says goes. Thing is, they seem pretty fair - the royals. Taxes are reasonable, most have a job, people are sent to the pits with valid reason. So on the outside looking in this kingdom is a great place to live. However one of the royals uncovers a secret about the queen, and begins a rebel group (Like literally none of this has been completely panned out, so I'm not exactly queenie here... this is a rough idea that anyone can build off of) So the citizens are confused about all these sudden attacks in the city, and the rebel group slowly grows to take down the queen (or king for that matter) and it becomes an all out war, and who knows who will win. I am so sorry for the lack of information, but I love kingdom based RPs, I'm just fascinated with them for some reason, and since I can never find any, I came to post the first plot that popped in my head. So- there would need to be quite a few characters to have enough for each group, but I'm not to big on the actual amount of people wanting to join in either, because it all comes down to dependability. Obviously if you have a big role you can't just be disappearing for weeks at time, ya feel? Right so... if anyone is interested please message me or post here, or if you have a kingdom RP goin' on let me know, please. Even if you don't or you have a better idea! Post away. I'm not too great at plot detailing, I'd rather jump in on somthing, but I've yet to find anything... Sorry for all the awkward.
Magic 60%
Magic may be accepted as truth but is not common. It might be harnessed only by specific beings. Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones.
Technology 30%
Renaissance
Combat 70%
More combat than not. The setting may be at war, and the characters will likely get involved whether or not they seek it out.

Details: Freeform, adjustable length posts, long-term RP partner preferred.

Anon (played anonymously)

Hello! I'm very interested in your idea, and would like to add to it! Isenn is far from a royal, but he could possibly fit into citizen/rebel status, depending on how many others want to get a character into either group. Let me know if I can help you out with plot details, motivations etc. :)
I rather would enjoy playing this. I'm a kingdom rp junk myself, even have a search up on yhe other board for a one on one if you want, but I am for playing in this world as well.

An idea to this that I got is secret sacrifices. The queen is brainwashing the king and is sacrificing citizens (the homeless at first) in a long drawn out ritual for immortality. Vice or Xerox can be a royal prince who finds it out and begins the rebellion, or at the least provides the inside Intel and help where he can. The constant rebellions though give the queen the opportunity to steal away others, blaming it on rebels once people start questioning. "They joined the rebels." Or "those evil rebels killed them."

Just an idea.
Chenelle Isla (played by Guardian_Girl)

Hey, I'm interested in this. I think Scirye would work quite well as a rebel, considering she doesn't really like authority.
Quantipede

I'd just like to point out that a monarchy and a dictatorship are a bit different.

Monarchies are basically governments with the king/queen leading the government and often passing the final judgement
Dictatorships means that one person is the government.

With that in mind, I would love to join your roleplay with all these other willing people!
Talei Monroe (played anonymously) Topic Starter

I did not expect this I'm so excited for replies!
-deep breaths-
Okay
Replies~
Isenn- Ether group.. So that I thought about it this morning, I had stated three groups, the Royal family/team and Rebels are very obvious what they are wanting to accomplish. As for the citizens, there can be threats to help to them or somehow they get in the war without joining either side, or we can just use disposable ones as we need them.. I didn't think that through.

Novarion- Brainwashing or equal ideas would be great! With the sacrificing of the homeless, maybe if it was going on long enough and careful enough.. so they beggar rate is low to non-existant because of the queen's sacrifices, and that's what kept people happy and the citizens assumed the homeless moved elswhere.. and kept the population rate down. Assuming this kingdom isn't the only area to exist in the 'world'.. That's awesome :)

Scrye - So for if people got what they said, we have two rebels one royal on the fence. Woo!

Quantipede - I had never even thought about it. Okay so kingdom - WAIT IM ON TO AN IDEA

IT might come out a little twisted, and if so I'm sorry I didn't think it through.
SO~
The King and Queen are in on it together. The Heirs are selected as the way a monarchy is ya know, the prince would be next in line for the throne. So not selected but grown up knowing they'd be the next ruler. YEa, uhm.

So the King and Queen use these sacrifices to keep themselves forever living In that it takes x amount of sacrifices to 'renew' them. Now int he kingdom immortality doesn't exist, so the two knew they couldn't just go on living forever so one found a way to die, and be reborn from another being of his choice. (Example king dies and ends up being the heir to the throne, once the older prince can take over, the queen will then die of old age. She is then reborn into another family and the new king finds her, and they plot to kill the prince to regain the throne for another 60 years or whateve.r

That was super confusing, so if anyone isn't for it, I suppose the 'young forever' could work, too.
Thanks for the interest, everyone!

Talei Monroe wrote:
Isenn- Ether group.. So that I thought about it this morning, I had stated three groups, the Royal family/team and Rebels are very obvious what they are wanting to accomplish. As for the citizens, there can be threats to help to them or somehow they get in the war without joining either side, or we can just use disposable ones as we need them.. I didn't think that through.

In that case, I think I can keep Isenn sticking to a rebel role, or perhaps even a citizen being convinced by the situation to become one to stimulate the flow.
I can also help out with NPCs if needed!

It may be worth noting I'm in an European timezone, though I should be able to be active daily.
Talbot Argentum (played by Quantipede)

I can play a royal role of needed. I mean I'll have to backtrack his history to pre-laboratory and when his name used to be Talbot.
Reincarnation sounds fun, but less likely they would be caught if it had gone on long enough. If it was new though, they would most likely be more rash, prone to mistakes which would most likely lead to a shorter rp. If the spell has to be renewed and the queen changes kingdoms every so often to hide her immortality, that could work in favour for a wider world. Countries that wish her dead that know, or find out, causing wars on two fronts.

Another idea is an old gods whispering, driving them mad for power to revive him. Cthulu style? Idk. Tossing ideas.

I liked the the reincarnation bit though. We can have had it going on for awhile but the general populace was blind to it. It looks like a utopian society but in fact it's a lot deeper and corrupt on the inside. Something like that is somewhat general but specific enough to work with for a good long term roleplay.

Then - With the society -looking like- an utopia, the brainwashing isn't needed, right? The people themselves could be convinced and content enough to the point they could throw themselves at the feet of the King/Queen of their own accord.

Mob mentality and clinging to the safe and known etc.

I wasn't asking anyone to change sides I was just springing up my original thoughts and see what anyone had thought. I like where this is going.

With the reincarnation - yes it would be less likely theyd be found out if it had gone on for full generations of people, but I figured that's where the prince could come in? Maybe he was a mistake - so somehow he finds that plan and that's when the rebels begin by small parts, in noticing who goes missing, and trying to look out for the smaller people.

IT could simply be this generation that finds out. As far as the evidence - I'm having a hard time thinking up any logic to the idea that more victims have been going missing this time.

The only problem I think of with the queen being wanted, is that royalty is usually blood based. SO even if she did the reincarnation thing, these kingdoms would have no hope of ever cathing her because they can't just go around killing all the heirs in hopes to stop her, and the queen is going to be made up of different genetics so she looks different each time? However if she didn't do the reincarnation and was young forever, it seems like an awful lot of work every time she wanted the throne.

Of course we could put in a little story here. Perhaps the queen needs more sacrifices every time she reincarnates or whatever it she does. She she determines she is not enough to do it on her own, so she tries to get help from the prince or whoever, and that's what blows the secret and starts the rebellion?
I don't mind playing multiple characters.

Vice as a prince and Xero as a rebel, one whose family member was mistaken for a homeless and taken.

If you want to find a reason for the queen to slip up, or to need more sacrifices, or to need help from the prince, it should probs be brainstormed on what sort of nature the ritual for immortality would have.

Does the queen have to make sacrifices to appeal to a god? Is she into alchemy? How are the life energies extracted? Where does she keep the bodies? Are the bodies consumed whole? Just the souls? Would she need big preparations? Supplies to be sneaked into/out of the castle for the happening? Throw the bodies into a portal for dundundun Chtulhu after all?

Maybe a god is controlling a wizard who is controlling the queen who is controlling the society? Why would immortality really be enough for her to decide on taking on those risks? Or does she gain something else from having immortality? Would she maybe need immortality for an even greater, other purpose (to add a TWEEST)? Is abducting poor people maybe advantageous in even more ways than just keeping people happy/easy sacrifices? Does she have a pet crab with a black hole for a stomach who needs those homeless' toes to eat to survive?

:D

Isenn comes from a city that looks like an utopia, but really has its dark side. This whole thing keeps reminding me of that, and Van Canto's 'Last Night Of The Kings'. Like, flawlessly.
Bathing in their blood in an enchanted pool far beneath the castle surface and dungeon? Could even use those on deathrow for sacrifices.

^^^that one I like especially.

Novarion wrote:
Bathing in their blood in an enchanted pool far beneath the castle surface and dungeon? Could even use those on deathrow for sacrifices.

Potential for a dungeon crawler. I like it. :D

I'm not trying to ignore people I was just waiting for replys.
I pressed reply before I actually looked at who said it, so I'm so sorry for not addressing you appropriately, but you brought up a lot of good topics, though the dungeon thing was probably the funniest, Novarian.

A lot of this is kind of open for 'as we go' type, because I don't know about y'all but I don't know my RPs inside and out before we begin, but those were still good points to whittle out beforehand, if people are still interested. I mean even just three is fine, but I was getting excited with all of the replies. XD
Chenelle Isla (played by Guardian_Girl)

I'm still interested.
I meant like cages and being whipped and horrible co donations. The common mythical stereotype that old kingdoms had dungeons... >_> which was false for till the very later (close to end) years of mideival.

But underground dungeon crawls work too. The 100 floor labyrinth......... wait........ hundred floors, immortality, dark god, cult following???

Behold! The labyrinth of insanity! The further in you go, the more it messes with your mind. The dark gods whispers taunt you so with paranoia, jealousy, greed, and the darkness within all man's hearts. A being unbeknownst tk the world that the queen has been keeping at bay for _______(insert time here) of years by sacrificing the blood of mortals to both restrain it, and keep her immortal by binding it with magic using and whittling away at her very soul. The recent years have led her to draw in more blood and after so long even her mind has wavered in the face of the old gods whispers. Dare not tread deeper if you wish to keep your sanity upon your shoulders.

As the story goes on the binding weakens as we stop the queen from getting the blood, causing the voice of the old god to reach even the civilians and beginning to cause unrest and eventually a civil war within and no one is really aware to the reasons why.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Kingdom type RP? (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus