Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Kingdom type RP? (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Adelbard Laudessagne (played anonymously)

OH! OHH! ME!!!

Adelbard was MADE for kingdom RPs--well, moreso for mundane political intrigue and court shenanigans, but still. He is a loyal and faithful knight from a foreign court, so he would start off on the royals' side, but if he found out about the sacrifices he would be highly disturbed. I believe you were kicking around the idea of a prince going turncoat when he learns about everything? Adelbard could have particular loyalty to him and would follow, or something.

I really hope there's some room left for me!!
Talei Monroe (played anonymously) Topic Starter

Most likely.. I just haven't done any group RPs on this site so I'm unsure if I need to answer more questions here or what to do. Excuse my noobness.. Ots easy 1x1 xD

I'm on my phone, but that was brilliant. And I'm not sure who you were addressing but I knew you meant more of a torture roo. Or whatever it's name is ;)

Well, I figure the best thing to do at this point is to finalize what character(s) everyone is using and where/how the RP is going to start, and figure out why/how the characters are there, their motivations, etc. :)
Clearlow

Alright. I need to make a character though. And since no one stated interest in the Queenie I'll step right on that. Might do the king too but that depends. Since she'll be a new character ill base her off the princes last name. Please excuse.my grammar I'm on my phone. The Queen will behumble and sweet so she isn't suspected. And I figure she has a basement graveyard and keeping area somewhere in her quarters.
Clearlow

Oops. X. I don't know what happened. Anyway I control Talei

As I mentioned, Adelbard is a knight from another country known as Beauvralde. He is unwed, so perhaps his father encouraged him to travel to a foreign court in search of a wife, though he's less than enthused about that aspect of this venture. Likely he'd be serving the royal family as a trusted guard (perhaps something like the Kingsguard in ASoIaF). He strongly believes in the feudal system (since he's never been exposed to extreme corruption, and even so has always been favored in the system since he's highborn) and so would at first be fiercely loyal to the royals. After that what happens to him is up to the whims of the RP :)
Are you unsure about GM/DM'ing this? If so I am sure I'm not the only one who can do it if yoh want.
I wanna join
this my first rp tho
Anon (played anonymously)

I'll stick to using Isenn.

Hardcore fatalist, ideological (potentially well-intentioned) extremist with a kind edge and a love for community. Sounds like a paladin on paper but is honestly little more than a nervous merchant's son with some basic sword skills.

Isenn hails from a city of volunteerism with presences of fundamental morals, far-fetched ideology and a strong religious air. I briefly considered making this rp kingdom his original home since there were some similarities, but I'll stick to 'he strayed from home and he ended up here, trying to make a living by doing the most mundane, everyday errands/jobs/chores'.

He isn't lawful stupid enough to try and press his ideology onto others outside the borders of his homecity, but it'll personally keep driving him. Since his ideology strongly involves the advancement of humanity and the greater good, he can end up helping the rebels out eventually. (But this mentally fragile bloke would be prepared to launch a nuke if he truly believes it to be worth it in the end. Or the medieval fantasy equivalent of a nuke.)
But, he doesn't want to meddle in places he never felt like he belonged in originally, since his own city's society is basically an anarchy kept together by a unique mentality. Pretty much the opposite of this kingdom with its rulers. That is, until he's faced with enough evidence to rid him of his doubts that something is indeed wrong in this kingdom.

So he can probably start out as a citizen of sorts after all who shifts over to the rebels' side after some investigation/intel. I can't say how exactly he will get this sort of information. Perhaps he is out to investigate some rumour? If there even are certain rumours? Perhaps he's just plain told?
Clearlow

Okay well, I'm actually quite new to this particular site. I mean my account is older as I made it a while back with some of my friends when we were all still into it, so I'm not quite talented as far as leading on with groups of people and all that, and my skills don't enter to that of D&D and DM stuff, I'm still getting use to it, so if that's a problem either someone's going to have to take the time to explain it or I can lay out the world and someone else can help with that part of it, if that's the direction, but I recognize some types of chance are in fact needed.

Of course new people are welcome, too as long as you can take constructive criticism as far as being new. When I got into RP the first while, not a lot of people helped me, rather just shut me down so I'm willing to be helpful~
Please don't take it as an insult or anything, not intended that way, just didn't know if you were accustomed to being a GM/DM for such a large group so I wanted to know the comfort level and all.

I mostly do freeform myself, but I'm not sure of what everyone else is all for.
Clearlow

I had intended just straight Roleplaying (No offense taken) And finding ways to determine outcomes, but if that would be easier to deal with, then it wouldn't be up to me.

I mean at the very least, I knew what you were talking about. However, I will leave that up to everyone still lurking..
Talbot Argentum (played by Quantipede)

I was hoping on snagging the role of the prince. I have never used Talbot prior to his Scolopendra persona so I thought it would be interesting if I could fudge around his bio to make it so that he is the son of the queen and King. Originally he is from a royal lineage so I figured I could cobble something together and go like that.

Otherwise I'll play Scolopendra as one of the Royal guards who is tasked with defending the safety of the castle.

I'm looking forward to only controlling Adelbard here, and maybe other characters only briefly like in fights, etc. :) I don't really want a ton of responsibility for the plot. I DM other stuff, and this is my char for more laid back RPs.
Anon (played anonymously)

I'm generally into freeforming rather than dice-rolling, myself.

Cough. :)

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Kingdom type RP? (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus